PDA

View Full Version : When neighbors let their dogs pee on your lawn

badger
9/15/2011, 12:27 PM
Any good response to them? I finally had enough when I saw a dude let their dog do it TWICE right in front of me. The first time I glared to myself that he probably saw while he waved stupidly. The second time as I was driving away, I saw it again, so I put the car in reverse and said "I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't let your dog go on my lawn."

It happens more often than in should, it seems. Thoughts?

Lott's Bandana
9/15/2011, 12:31 PM
I only care when bitches do it.

Their hormones leave an ugly yellow spot. Especially on Fescue.

SoonerLaw09
9/15/2011, 12:32 PM
Two neighbors ago let their dog do that in my yard (plus teh poop which annoyed me even more). I have a fire hydrant on my property and the grass around it died in a 3 foot radius. Looked awful. That house is a rental, so I called the landlord. The activity in question stopped. If your neighbor is an owner, maybe just call the cops or the city. Dunno whether where you live has an animal waste ordinance or some such. Either way, I would certainly not put up with it. I pay a lot of $$ to keep my lawn looking nice.

sooner_born_1960
9/15/2011, 12:49 PM
I never give it much thought when a dog pees on the lawn. I really don't see why you care.

TUSooner
9/15/2011, 12:49 PM
I only care when bitches do it.

Their hormones leave an ugly yellow spot. Especially on Fescue.

I think this is true.

I pick up after my small dog, and I will keep him off someone's yard if they ask me to, but Hokey Smokes, what's a dog supposed to do? Baj, I'm secretly in love with you (at least it was a secret :biggrin: ) but unless the dog pee is causing some actual harm, I don't see why it should bug you so much. That said, you seem to have done the right thing in a nice way, and if you asked me to keep my dog away from your yard, I would do so, without arguing. (But I don't live in your town so it wasn't me!)

badger
9/15/2011, 12:53 PM
It bothers me because I've had a lot of difficulty getting the grass to grow next to the road where they're all letting their dogs go. I've cleared weeds, reseeded, replaced soil and fertilized for about a year to the point that the grass finally matches the neighbors around me. And then, dog pee. It causes the grass to die or change color. It annoys the hell outta me because I've put a lot of work into making our house look acceptable for a nice neighborhood, yknow?

It would be one thing if it was juts a giant dirt patch. It's my lawn. Make your dogs pee on your own like I do (in the backyard where you can't see the spots from the road).

If either of my dogs even THINKS of lifting his leg on another lawn, I'm scolding, swatting or yanking the leash immediately. These people will just stop and let their dogs let it out. That's only acceptable if you brought water along to dilute it, not if you're just going to dumbly wave at me as it happens.

sooner_born_1960
9/15/2011, 12:54 PM
OK. now I see why you care.

Hot Rod
9/15/2011, 01:03 PM
Regardless of what it does to your lawn, my neighbor would let her little dog out and after watching for sometime, the dog would never pee/poop in her own yard, but would go next door on both sides, or across the street to other houses, while the neighbor just watched her dog do it. Not once does she call her dog away from other people's yards.

After I caught her standing there watching her dog pee/poop in my yard, I chased the dog back to the house. I told her to keep her dog on a leash in her yard, or use her backyard. I live across the street from her and since then I've not seen her dog across the street, yet she still allows the dog to pee/poop in other people's yards on her side of the street.

pphilfran
9/15/2011, 01:05 PM
The only fertilizer my lawn received this year from from pets and wild animules...

badger
9/15/2011, 01:09 PM
Oh yeah, there's people in the neighborhood that let their dogs run around leashless also. There's this tiny chihuahua named Lucy (I call it Lucifer) that attacks my dogs if its out when they're walking by ON THE SIDEWALK. I am ready to punt that little beast next time that happens.

I once prepared for it to be out by jogging them across the street... when I spot Lucifer peeing on a neighbor's yard up ahead. Yes, across the road from its home. I immediately take em back across, and spot Lucifer under a car across the street, like it was ready to run after us and attack. Fortunately, it didn't and avoided the punt that I owe it.

NormanPride
9/15/2011, 01:13 PM
Yeah, if Lucifer comes after our dogs while I walk them, she's going to leave hurtin'.

Hot Rod
9/15/2011, 01:13 PM
Lure them into the backyard, keep them there, call the pound. :victorious:

Lott's Bandana
9/15/2011, 01:44 PM
Lure them into the backyard, keep them there, fire up the grill. :victorious:

Dog-B-Q!

Flagstaffsooner
9/15/2011, 01:56 PM
YOU go take a crap in their yard late at night.

olevetonahill
9/15/2011, 02:05 PM
Thats one reason I live in the country. My dogs dont know what a collar nor a leash is. They poop and pee wherever they want

Lott's Bandana
9/15/2011, 02:07 PM
Thats one reason I live in the country. My dogs dont know what a collar nor a leash is. We poop and pee wherever we want

Pitch.
Softball.

Hit it.

olevetonahill
9/15/2011, 02:11 PM
Pitch.
Softball.

Hit it.

Well there is that.:fat:

C&CDean
9/15/2011, 02:19 PM
Exhibit # 1,872 of why I won't live in town.

Like Howie, my dogs come and go, **** and mow, and hump whatever/whenever/wherever the hell they want to. What's funny is that both of them always walk out to one of the pasture to crap. The Great Pyrenees goes out there to pee to. The only one that pees in the yard is the rat, and since my yard is a crunch yellow right now, IDGAS.

olevetonahill
9/15/2011, 02:42 PM
Biznacho Craps on the front deck, But IDGAS cause at least shes going O/S now.
I couldnt imagine living in town with folks crowded right up beside me .

OUHOMER
9/15/2011, 02:49 PM
I had freind who would get upset when he found dog **** in his yard. It got to be a dailey thing so he got up early and saw the neighbor let his dog out. dog came straight over did his business and went home .Neighbor was waiting at the door and let the dog back in.

Bob, when a got a shovel and a paper bag. scooped it up, went across the street and banged on the door. He handed the bag of **** to his neighbor and said your dog left this in my yard, I thought you might want it back. Turned and left.

Didnt have a problem after that.

badger
9/15/2011, 02:54 PM
That's cute. I have definitely found dog **** in the yard also. Tons worse than dog pee because you just never find it till your foot's in it :mad:

I absolutely ALWAYS take a baggie along when I jog the dogs, because that seems to be just asking the dogs to take a crap in the sidewalk. Can't say the same about the neighborhood dogs. My dog's crap is always in the backyard or in a baggie, NO exceptions

SoonerLaw09
9/15/2011, 02:57 PM
How do you get your dog to **** in a baggie????? You oughta be on America's Got Talent or something with that. :D

badger
9/15/2011, 03:06 PM
1- Dogs and I are jogging at a leisurely pace.

2- Suddenly, the dog stops and squats and I get fumingly angry that the jog has been halted.

3- Poo magically ends up in baggie.

4- Jog continues.

MAGIC!

Tulsa_Fireman
9/15/2011, 04:05 PM
5 - ???

6 - PROFIT!

Condescending Sooner
9/16/2011, 01:05 PM
The problem with dogs is that they pee where other have, so they just keep peeing in the same damned exact spot, and it will kill the grass. I had a dead spot in my lawn when I lived in town, and it made me mad every time I saw it.

badger
9/16/2011, 01:41 PM
^^^yeah, that's why I stop dog owners every time they stop when their dogs do, leg lifted.

It started with someone letting their dog go, and then the others smell that spot and think about going themselves there. :mad:

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/16/2011, 01:48 PM
You should put chili powder in that spot so when the dog's sniff it, they will get a nice surprise ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
9/16/2011, 08:53 PM
Salt in patterns does wonders on the neighbors lawn...

soonercruiser
9/16/2011, 10:47 PM
Borrow a close friend's really big dog for a few hours when their body function schedule says they are ready to "go".
Take it to the neighbor's yard, walk around until the deed is done!
Smile and leave.

Shovelled my side yard this afternoon.
:chargrined:

Or seriously....by a nice big container of red cayenne pepper, and spread it around generously that side of the yard.
The dog will soon learn.
If the wind is blowing the right direction, the lesson will continue until a good rain.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/16/2011, 10:51 PM
I can't find the cartoon, but it showed a man and wife ****ting in their neighbor's yard as pay-back.

jk the sooner fan
9/17/2011, 07:40 AM
i've got three dogs that pee in my yard everyday many times and i've never had a problem with yellow spots...ever

the only time i have dead grass is when grub worms are under the surface eating the roots

when i walk my dog - i clean up if they poop - but they pretty much go pee wherever.......i dont see the big deal honestly

i just havent seen any evidence that a spot of dog pee is going to hurt your grass

Condescending Sooner
9/19/2011, 09:11 AM
i've got three dogs that pee in my yard everyday many times and i've never had a problem with yellow spots...ever

the only time i have dead grass is when grub worms are under the surface eating the roots

when i walk my dog - i clean up if they poop - but they pretty much go pee
wherever.......i dont see the big deal honestly

i just havent seen any evidence that a spot of dog pee is going to hurt your grass

Well you be wrong. It will kill the grass if they pee repeatedly in the same spot. I have seen it.

jk the sooner fan
9/19/2011, 09:18 AM
Well you be wrong. It will kill the grass if they pee repeatedly in the same spot. I have seen it.

ok again - like i said - i have three large dogs - and a fairly small backyard because of a pool.......they pee over each other's spots all the time

not a single blade of dead grass......and i've lived there for 6 years

Condescending Sooner
9/19/2011, 10:41 AM
ok again - like i said - i have three large dogs - and a fairly small backyard because of a pool.......they pee over each other's spots all the time

not a single blade of dead grass......and i've lived there for 6 years

Dude, just google it, ok? It is a commonly known problem.

badger
9/19/2011, 11:23 AM
I think the reason why you don't see dead spots is (a) you take extra good care of your lawn and water it a lot, or (b) the dogs don't got in the same spot constantly.

I've had better luck with my backyard since getting more grass in. The dogs never go in the same spot twice anymore it seems and it balances out. My guess is your "three big dogs" are under the same habits, that they can go wherever, not just the one spot they won't get splash back, so they do (yes, that's why dogs go in grass, because there's no splash back... that's what I assume, at least)