PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves and Hang-Ups

SicEmBaylor
9/14/2011, 10:22 PM
I have many. A lot in fact. I could write a book. But I'll start with this one that I was reminded of about 5 minutes ago during a text message conversation.

1. People who say, "..okay?" in response to something you say/text/write/etc.
2. People who say, "whatever..." in response to something you say/text/write/etc.

olevetonahill
9/14/2011, 10:36 PM
whatever.

Soonerus
9/14/2011, 10:40 PM
Could be a sign you are boring...just thinking...

olevetonahill
9/14/2011, 10:43 PM
Could be a sign you are boring...just thinking...:victorious:

badger
9/15/2011, 07:52 AM
the only one that ever texts me regularly is NP and he usually signs off with "love you!"

Should I be annoyed? Is that the husband version of "okay" and "whatever?" :P

lexsooner
9/15/2011, 08:39 AM
People who constantly interrupt in mid-sentence when others are talking really annoy me. I have a co-worker named Catherine who does this so regularly that I have nicknamed it "Catherinous Interruptus."

SoonerBK
9/15/2011, 09:25 AM
Waiting in line at convenience stores while people buy lottery tickets.
Free Indian car tags on brand new Escalades. Or Ecka-lades as they are called whre I live.

Lott's Bandana
9/15/2011, 09:31 AM
The person texting while stopped in the left lane while all the cars ahead have already turned. Realizing they are about to miss the light, they floor it through the yellow, leaving all the drivers behind HER cursing loudly.

Pricetag
9/15/2011, 10:08 AM
I hate it when I'm eating and other people are not, and they eyeball my food and want to ask questions/talk about it. It makes me nervous, like they really want to take it. Go get your own damn food.

FirstandGoal
9/15/2011, 10:22 AM
People who are on welfare and drive nicer cars than me and have nicer clothes than me and then bitch about a $0.65 prescription.

3rdgensooner
9/15/2011, 10:25 AM
Grumpy people who grump about people.

saucysoonergal
9/15/2011, 10:28 AM
Bears. I hate them. ;)

NormanPride
9/15/2011, 10:48 AM
Mouth noises are pretty annoying to me.

jumperstop
9/15/2011, 11:19 AM
I dislike smelly people, people who smoke before they come into your home or at work, loud people, the list could go on. Eating noises really bug me. It's just so awkward. Just have to make sure I'm eating or taking while the other person is eating so I don't notice it.

olevetonahill
9/15/2011, 11:23 AM
People with Pet peeves and hang ups,

OULenexaman
9/15/2011, 12:00 PM
people that drink my beer and not their beer.

SoonerLaw09
9/15/2011, 12:39 PM
People who fart and then don't admit it. That's a big one.

Also, people who can't spell in text msg or email. Folks, if you can't find an item, you *lose* it. If something is not tight, it's *loose*. And for pete's sake, go get an elementary school grammar book and learn the difference between their, there, and they're!!!

TUSooner
9/15/2011, 12:53 PM
*** people who can't spell in text msg or email. Folks, if you can't find an item, you *lose* it. If something is not tight, it's *loose*. And for pete's sake, go get an elementary school grammar book and learn the difference between their, there, and they're!!!

I confess that this really bugs me, too (but not to or two).

Pricetag
9/15/2011, 12:53 PM
People who fart and then don't admit it. That's a big one.
Along these lines, I hate how people will fart with impunity when covered by the anonymity of a large crowd.

I find farts pretty amusing, but when I'm hit unexpectedly in a crowd, I just get furious.

I was at a birthday party for one of my son's friends last weekend at Laser Quest, and kids were crop dusting like crazy in the lobby at that place. Another dad came up to talk to me just after a kid had let one go, and I'm sure he thought it was me.

Hot Rod
9/15/2011, 01:05 PM
Adding "izzle" to the end of words to sound cool.

C&CDean
9/15/2011, 02:03 PM
Fo shizzle my drizzle.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/15/2011, 03:02 PM
People who are intolerant of other people's words and actions.

RacerX
9/15/2011, 04:31 PM
People who are intolerant of other people's words and actions.

Oh just shut the hell up.....

RacerX
9/15/2011, 04:32 PM
People who use too many . when they ...

Tulsa_Fireman
9/15/2011, 04:32 PM
People who tell other people to shut the hell up.

And onions.

GDC
9/15/2011, 06:52 PM
Waiting in line at convenience stores while people buy lottery tickets.
Free Indian car tags on brand new Escalades. Or Ecka-lades as they are called whre I live.

What tribe has free car tags? I pay for mine.

8timechamps
9/15/2011, 07:04 PM
Close talkers.

GottaHavePride
9/15/2011, 10:36 PM
The "...okay?" response can be translated like this:

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/5/53/Pancake-bunnyfirst.jpg

SicEmBaylor
9/15/2011, 11:21 PM
3. Having roommates that throw just a few articles of clothing into the washing machine without actually turnning the machine on.
4. Feet. I hate them. They disgust me. I can't stand for people, especially guests, to put their feet on my furniture. I have to lysol the hell out of everything someone's feet touches when they leave. I never ever walk around anywhere barefoot...ever. I wear shower shoes even in my own shower, and I wear socks to bed.
5. Open doors in the house. I have to have all interior doors shut at all times. I can't stand for an interior door to be left open especially a bedroom door. Everything needs to be shut off. It's probably because of this that I hate houses with open floor plans. I like houses where you can totally shut off various areas and compartmentalize.
6. Bad manners at the dinner table or while eating. If someone is gross or rude while I'm trying to eat there's just no way I can finish my meal. It destroys my apetite. Speaking of food, I like to keep all of my food separated especially wets/solids. The "wets" have to each be separated and "wets" can't touch "solids."

sanantoniosooner
9/15/2011, 11:48 PM
When sic'em intermingles his pet peeves with his mental disorders.

C&CDean
9/16/2011, 07:22 AM
Sicem, what is troubling you is no little thing.

BudSooner
9/16/2011, 07:11 PM
Sicem, what is troubling you is no little thing.
Or lack of poontang, or a combination of sorts. ****, I got nuthin.

sooner ngintunr
9/16/2011, 08:04 PM
You will never be happily married. Don't even give it a try. NTTAWWT.

SicEmBaylor
9/16/2011, 08:06 PM
Or lack of poontang, or a combination of sorts. ****, I got nuthin.

Yeah, I think this accounts for at least 75% of it.

SicEmBaylor
9/16/2011, 08:06 PM
You will never be happily married. Don't even give it a try. NTTAWWT.

As long as she knows how to do laundry, keeps the f'n doors shut, and wears socks there will be no problem at all. ;)

GottaHavePride
9/16/2011, 08:48 PM
I make fun of people that wear socks in the house (unless its super effing cold). It's your house, right? It's your floor? Clean the damn floor so you can walk around barefoot like nature intended. Bruce ****in Willis tore up a building full of Scandinavian criminals while barefoot, it's good enough for me.

salth2o
9/16/2011, 09:05 PM
1. people who use the verbal pauses "you know" or "ummm" too frequently during a conversation.

"ummm, ummm, sounds so dumb. Don't say ummm, just pause"

2. those who suck the hind teet of the gubbament and contribute nothing

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/16/2011, 11:34 PM
Close talkers

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/16/2011, 11:35 PM
OCD people

SCOUT
9/16/2011, 11:41 PM
I was at a birthday party for one of my son's friends last weekend at Laser Quest, and kids were crop dusting like crazy in the lobby at that place. Another dad came up to talk to me just after a kid had let one go, and I'm sure he thought it was me.
People who blame their farts on other people's kids.