PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help! Re: Tailgate Spot For Mizzou

OUSKINS
9/14/2011, 06:56 PM
No better place to ask than here I guess... I am organizing a tailgate for some friends and family for the Mizzou game. Things are coming together well other than I have yet to secure a spot :) my old frat house was an option but they were not helpful. Bottom line I need a spot for two trucks and enough space to drop some folding chairs, etc probably gonna be about 20-30 people. I want to set up early around 1:00. I am willing to "rent" space from anyone who may have it. If anyone can help please reply here or shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Lott's Bandana
9/14/2011, 07:10 PM
No better place to ask than here I guess... I am organizing a tailgate for some friends and family for the Mizzou game. Things are coming together well other than I have yet to secure a spot :) my old frat house was an option but they were not helpful. Bottom line I need a spot for two trucks and enough space to drop some folding chairs, etc probably gonna be about 20-30 people. I want to set up early around 1:00. I am willing to "rent" space from anyone who may have it. If anyone can help please reply here or shoot me a PM. Thanks!

If you don't find anything, the gameday pay parking south of Brooks adjacent to the Duck Pond on the grass close to the RR tracks would be a good place to do a one-timer. Nice location, grassy and plenty of room. Easy to find, just get there early.

OUSKINS
9/14/2011, 09:25 PM
If you don't find anything, the gameday pay parking south of Brooks adjacent to the Duck Pond on the grass close to the RR tracks would be a good place to do a one-timer. Nice location, grassy and plenty of room. Easy to find, just get there early.

I was trying to think of something as a backup plan, but hadn't thought of that. That's a good idea and I appreciate it. I'd still prefer to find something specific and concrete... So if anybody knows of anything I'm still all ears. But the lot you mentioned is certainly a solid option as well. Thanks

auto
9/15/2011, 06:11 AM

Good room for pop up grill and Tv? What is the price? What time does it open?

OUSKINS
9/15/2011, 09:51 AM
Is it north of the duck pond? And what street do you use to access it? And like the poster above, I'd also like to know what time it opens. Thanks!

Lott's Bandana
9/15/2011, 09:58 AM
Drive south on Classen from Boyd, turn right onto Brooks.

Immediately after crossing the tracks to the left, there is a place where people take your money and many spaces are available along there, big open space between that corner and the duck pond...unfortunately, I am clueless as to how much they charge as I have always walked past there and not paid attention.

Google Maps shows it beautifully. Next to the power sub-station is where all the parking is along the tracks.

OUSKINS
9/15/2011, 10:15 AM
Thank you.. If anyone knows what time it opens, that would be helpful. It's a 7:00 start and I was hoping to set up around 1:00 or so. Again, much appreciated.... It's weird, I always hang out and park west of the stadium, and the east side might as well be another planet :)

I Am Right
9/15/2011, 04:20 PM
Some good places, as long as you won't be near Missouri fans.

mingobee
9/15/2011, 10:18 PM
We've tailgated on Brookes by the sub-station for eight years now. It's a nice area with a lot of room to spread out and a short walk to the stadium. There is no charge to tailgate, unless you take our spot;) We park in the Washington FFA parking lot ($) because the police are very inconsistent (we have been towed). We've got the pull up, unload, and park down to a science.