PDA

View Full Version : When did that Ann Curry broad turn muslim?

C&CDean
9/14/2011, 05:42 PM
I just flipped over to channel 4, and somebody named "Ann Curry" was reporting from Iran. She had a green towel on her head. Then, they show her interviewing some Iranian, and she's wearing a white towel. WTF? I've seen her on TV before without a towel a bunch of times. Did she go to the dark side or what?

Lott's Bandana
9/14/2011, 05:50 PM
A. You said "broad". That makes me howl.

B. Iran. Woman. Towel. It's a Ayatollah thing.

C. I prefer lamb curry.

MelloYello
9/14/2011, 07:11 PM
For 54, she's positively delicious.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/14/2011, 08:23 PM
Dean, if you're half Jewish and a Master of Human Relations, you know non-Jewish males often wear a yarmulke into a Temple or Synagogue - but that doesn't mean they're contemplating conversion. It is simply respecting a custom, ... when in Rome ...

Pricetag
9/15/2011, 10:10 AM
For 54, she's positively delicious.
I wash shocked to learn she was that old.

TUSooner
9/15/2011, 10:18 AM
Dean, if you're half Jewish and a Master of Human Relations, you know non-Jewish males often wear a yarmulke into a Temple or Synagogue - but that doesn't mean they're contemplating conversion. It is simply respecting a custom, ... when in Rome ...

This ^^^^.
It's easier to work as a journalist when you're not flouting the customs of the country where you work.

And she does look very fine. I may have to start watching TV news again.

Tulsa_Fireman
9/15/2011, 04:07 PM

http://ecdn1.hark.com/images/000/000/874/874/original.jpg

Yes? Please go on.

C&CDean
9/15/2011, 04:13 PM
I wash shocked to learn she was that old.

Hell man, I'm 54 and I look every bit that good...

I ain't buying the "when in Rome" horse****. These are people who want us dead. Putting a towel on her head ain't gonna change anything. I can see wearing dark, covering subdued clothing, etc., but cowtowing to these cretins is wrong. That'd be like expecting a muslim chick to get all dolled up with make-up and ****, a low cut blouse, etc. and go on the TV here. It's rude to expect it.

TUSooner
9/16/2011, 08:02 AM
Hell man, I'm 54 and I look every bit that good...

I ain't buying the "when in Rome" horse****. These are people who want us dead. Putting a towel on her head ain't gonna change anything. I can see wearing dark, covering subdued clothing, etc., but cowtowing to these cretins is wrong. That'd be like expecting a muslim chick to get all dolled up with make-up and ****, a low cut blouse, etc. and go on the TV here. It's rude to expect it.

Well then, good luck in your new, very short, career as journalist in the Middle East. And, I hate to break it to you in public like this, but you do NOT look anywhere near that good. Girls and Howzit have said so.

C&CDean
9/16/2011, 08:25 AM
Well as long as DC and momma say so then yes I do.

Actually, I've never looked at any "newswoman" and thought "boy she's sexy." Even if she probably is. It's probably something about them opening their ****ing mouths and saying ****, I don't know. Maybe it's because they try to find the bimbos with the slight overbite and strange smile or something, but none of them do anything for me. I do have to say that Schmeg Alexander on channel 4 has gotten a little better lately, and Emily Slutton on the same channel has dropped some lbs and is kinda cute in a puppy dog kinda way but other than that, nah. Especially not Ann Coury.

TUSooner
9/16/2011, 08:36 AM
Well as long as DC and momma say so then yes I do.

Actually, I've never looked at any "newswoman" and thought "boy she's sexy." Even if she probably is. It's probably something about them opening their ****ing mouths and saying ****, I don't know. Maybe it's because they try to find the bimbos with the slight overbite and strange smile or something, but none of them do anything for me. I do have to say that Schmeg Alexander on channel 4 has gotten a little better lately, and Emily Slutton on the same channel has dropped some lbs and is kinda cute in a puppy dog kinda way but other than that, nah. Especially not Ann Coury.

I noticed a couple of hot anchorettes on OKC TV last time I was up there, including one with huge.... tracts of land. Can't remember their names, tho'

SoonerJack
9/16/2011, 12:36 PM
I noticed a couple of hot anchorettes on OKC TV last time I was up there, including one with huge.... tracts of land. Can't remember their names, tho'

[cleans coke spew from keyboard]

Thanks for that laugh, TU.

DCSooner
9/16/2011, 12:43 PM
Well as long as DC and momma say so then yes I do. I think you may have misunderstood me.

Lott's Bandana
9/16/2011, 12:52 PM
I think you may have misunderstood me.

DC misunderstood?

Ann Curry would want to report that newsflash.

SicEmBaylor
9/16/2011, 01:21 PM
I just flipped over to channel 4, and somebody named "Ann Curry" was reporting from Iran. She had a green towel on her head. Then, they show her interviewing some Iranian, and she's wearing a white towel. WTF? I've seen her on TV before without a towel a bunch of times. Did she go to the dark side or what?

If she had any balls at all, she'd do the interviews in Iran while wolfing down a BLT in a halter top and hooker boots.

OutlandTrophy
9/16/2011, 01:25 PM
In Norman Schwarkopf's book, It Doesn't Take a Hero, he mentions going to a meeting with the Saudis and he asked if he could wear Arab clothing. He says they were very receptive to that and later mentioned that we expect them to dress in a Western fashion when they are over here but we never dress in Arab clothing when we are over there. He also included a picture of him in his robe and turban thingy.

TUSooner
9/16/2011, 01:58 PM
If she had any balls at all, she'd do the interviews in Iran while wolfing down a BLT in a halter top and hooker boots.

If she had balls she could dress like any other man and this thread would be irrelevant

Curly Bill
9/16/2011, 03:50 PM
If she had balls she could dress like any other man and this thread would be irrelevant

That's pretty funny.

WILBURJIM
9/18/2011, 10:10 AM
Back in 1979, Italian Journalist Oriana Fallaci took her chardor off while interviewing Khomeini.

OF- I still have to ask you a lot of things. About the "chador," for example, which I was obliged to wear to come and interview you, and which you impose on Iranian women. I am not only referring to the dress but to what it represents, I mean the apartheid Iranian women have been forced into after the revolution. They cannot study at the university with men, they cannot work with men, they cannot swim in the sea or in a swimming-pool with men. They have to do everything separately, wearing their "chador." By the way, how can you swim wearing a "chador"?
AK- None of this concerns you, our customs do not concern you. If you don't like the islamic dress you are not obliged to wear it, since it is for young women and respectable ladies.
OF- This is very kind of you, Imam, since you tell me that, I'm going to immediately rid myself of this stupid medieval rag. There !

Pre-Khomeini, bikinis were common on the beaches of Iran. So "when in Rome do as the Romans do" does not apply there. More apt is: when in Tehran, do as the clerics and the religious police say.

TUSooner
9/19/2011, 09:52 AM
Back in 1979, Italian Journalist Oriana Fallaci took her chardor off while interviewing Khomeini.

OF- I still have to ask you a lot of things. About the "chador," for example, which I was obliged to wear to come and interview you, and which you impose on Iranian women. I am not only referring to the dress but to what it represents, I mean the apartheid Iranian women have been forced into after the revolution. They cannot study at the university with men, they cannot work with men, they cannot swim in the sea or in a swimming-pool with men. They have to do everything separately, wearing their "chador." By the way, how can you swim wearing a "chador"?
AK- None of this concerns you, our customs do not concern you. If you don't like the islamic dress you are not obliged to wear it, since it is for young women and respectable ladies.
OF- This is very kind of you, Imam, since you tell me that, I'm going to immediately rid myself of this stupid medieval rag. There !

Pre-Khomeini, bikinis were common on the beaches of Iran. So "when in Rome do as the Romans do" does not apply there. More apt is: when in Tehran, do as the clerics and the religious police say.

I understand that lots of Iranian women give lip service to the dress code: They wear loose scarves on their heard, but they are very stylish scarves, and the women wear make-up as an act of minor rebellion. Many Persian women are very, very attractive; I married one and have seen many more. But maybe it's just my wife's family :)

Tulsa_Fireman
9/19/2011, 10:26 AM
Many Persian women are very, very attractive

Many other Persian women have very, very nice moustaches.

KantoSooner
9/19/2011, 11:44 AM
My guess would be that Curry went there and interviewed Ahmadenejad as part of a deal to get the hikers released. He loves a platform from which to spew his nonsense. And Curry would have been all over it to get an exclusive on their release. If that was what was really going on, then playing along would have been the thing to do.
You do what you have to in order to achieve your goals.

AlbqSooner
9/20/2011, 06:58 AM
You do what you have to in order to achieve your goals.

That sounds good in the abstract, but I ain't slobbering the knob of a modador or owner to get certain banes enacted.