Lott's Bandana
9/14/2011, 05:21 PM
Guess they did.

C&CDean
9/14/2011, 05:33 PM
Bummer.

Lott's Bandana
9/14/2011, 05:35 PM
Yeah. My daughter's tweet something noteworthy occasionally, but so far Twitter seems like a waste of bandwidths.

silverwheels
9/14/2011, 05:43 PM
Twitter isn't completely useless. I thought it was dumb at first, but it's a pretty convenient way to get news quickly from people like OU's beat reporter, good recipes from chefs, or to see other little bits of info without having to surf the web. And while the ESPN ScoreCenter app helps keep me updated on scores around the country, following the right people on Twitter gives me a little context on some of those scores.

Lott's Bandana
9/14/2011, 05:46 PM
Twitter isn't completely useless. I thought it was dumb at first, but it's a pretty convenient way to get news quickly from people like OU's beat reporter, good recipes from chefs, or to see other little bits of info without having to surf the web. And while the ESPN ScoreCenter app helps keep me updated on scores around the country, following the right people on Twitter gives me a little context on some of those scores.

You have a point there. Blake's comments are hilarious and rarely off the mark.

And this one is good too:

DeMarcoMurray (http://twitter.com/#!/DeMarcoMurray) DeMarco Murray

Had a Great day at work. Weird calling football "work" or "my job" Lol never thought that would happen. #blessed (http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23blessed)

mgsooner
9/14/2011, 08:13 PM

Agree 100%. I use it quite frequently now for these exact reasons. I don't follow all the stupid people saying stupid things, just sports reporters and the like.

trey
9/14/2011, 08:34 PM
Agree 100%. I use it quite frequently now for these exact reasons. I don't follow all the stupid people saying stupid things, just sports reporters and the like.

i've become a big fan of twitter in the past few weeks. i follow a few college football writers from around the country and it's cool to get some quick facts or links to articles. i've never actually tweeted anything, but i like the quick info.

nighttrain12
9/14/2011, 10:14 PM
Yeah. My daughter's tweet something noteworthy occasionally, but so far Twitter seems like a waste of bandwidths.

So this is how you spy on her?

Preservation Parcels
9/14/2011, 11:52 PM
We recently had an earthquake on the east coast. Nobody could get a cellphone signal, a few texts went through, and Twitter worked well. Less bandwith made it possible to get quick "everybody is okay" messages.

DCSooner
9/15/2011, 01:14 PM
Twitter gave me a kidney once.

NormanPride
9/15/2011, 01:35 PM
How did it taste?

Lott's Bandana
9/15/2011, 01:40 PM
So this is how you spy on her?

Yep, both of them.

Although I never intend to friend them on FB. There are things I don't want to know...

8timechamps
9/15/2011, 07:07 PM
I didn't "get" Twitter for a long time. Thought it was a waste. When my son started baseball last season, his coach had everyone sign up...he used it for last minute cancellations or field changes. Something that otherwise would have taken much more time/effort. I loved it. I had all my parents sign up for it this football season, so I use it for the same thing. Otherwise, I don't do much else with it.