PDA

View Full Version : A great article about Texas

TexSooner000
9/14/2011, 02:03 PM
Regardless of your view of A&M leaving or Baylor sueing or OU going to the Pac, the Big 12 is no more. I really believe that and it makes me sad. I was kind of okay with Colorado leaving, felt sucker punched with Nebraska and now A&M is DONE - there's no hope! They may not go to the SEC because of fears of a lawsuit but they are not coming back to the Big 12. It sucks!! The amount of press this has garnered and the side stories have taken away from the fact that we wouldn't be in this mess if it wasn't for Texas' arrogant c-ck sucking attitudes!! (Oh, and if we had a commissioner who was an actual leader running the Big 12 instead of someone who seems to be on the Longhorns payroll running it for us).
I'm sorry but I wanted the Big 12 to be perserved, to be the elite conference it was a few years ago. I may be the only one but I can't get excited about OU going to the PAC. As a selfish fan it doesn't benefit me at all. Maybe it is because I am not familiar enough with the Pac? Maybe its because I have been in south Texas so long there is always a sense of pride that comes over me when OU beats a Texas, Baylor, A&M. Since I have been married and started a family I have always made one game in Norman and one at either Baylor or A&M. I am sorry but USC or Oregan isn't in the cards for me to make a weekend trip there and back. I guess I would much rather see OU go to the SEC then the PAC. I think it is better football and fits OU more then the PAC does. But who am I...NO ONE. Sorry for the rant, but reading the article just got me thinking, if only Texas would have learned to share and not stabbed people in the back, they would have been truste and the Big 12 may have survived...

Enjoy.

http://outkickthecoverage.com/texas-am-and-oklahoma-declare-independence-from-texas.php

sooneredaco
9/14/2011, 02:28 PM
TUCK FEXAS

GDC
9/14/2011, 03:59 PM
Then Oklahoma, long used to playing second fiddle to Texas -- even as it waxed the Longhorns on the field -- realized that Texas wasn't interested in anyone but Texas.

This makes no sense, but good article otherwise.

Lott's Bandana
9/14/2011, 04:14 PM
Referring to LHN programming:

...and Boating with Cedric Benson is only good for 500 hours a year.

heh.

BoulderSooner79
9/14/2011, 04:33 PM
This makes no sense, but good article otherwise.

I take it that "second fiddle" meant political/economic clout and that's why it was clarified that it wasn't an on the field issue.