PDA

View Full Version : Obama = Jimma

achiro
9/14/2011, 10:04 AM
7vxrWFxgOhc

Pricetag
9/14/2011, 10:25 AM
Meanwhile, Republican front runners are busy arguing over whether or not the HPV vaccination causes mental retardation. If President Obama = President Carter, then who = Ronald Reagan?

dwarthog
9/14/2011, 10:46 AM
Based on the election results from last night, one in a very heavily democratic district, despite what the idiot DNC chair says, if the local janitor throws his hat in the ring, Obama and gang will be heading back to Chicago to continue their careers in community organizing.

badger
9/14/2011, 10:54 AM
I was not alive during Carter, but from what my mom tells me (and a majority of my political influence and upbringing was from the parents, of course), there was a lot of uncertainty and pessimism when Carter was president, like he was telling Americans that they had to get used to a new, lower standard of living and that times were going to be tough and they just had to deal with it. On the opposite side, Reagan was someone viewed as a strong political force that would lead America back to greatness and take the lead in turning rough times into good times again.

dwarthog
9/14/2011, 11:06 AM
I was not alive during Carter, but from what my mom tells me (and a majority of my political influence and upbringing was from the parents, of course), there was a lot of uncertainty and pessimism when Carter was president, like he was telling Americans that they had to get used to a new, lower standard of living and that times were going to be tough and they just had to deal with it. On the opposite side, Reagan was someone viewed as a strong political force that would lead America back to greatness and take the lead in turning rough times into good times again.

I was alive then, just went into the Army.

Your parents have given a generally fair, albeit high level assessment, IMO.

Jimmy's "malaise" speech didn't help him any.

TitoMorelli
9/14/2011, 01:52 PM
I prefer to liken Obama more to the late great Jackie Robinson.

That is, if Robinson had averaged .129 with 86 strikeouts, hitting into 42 double-plays and making 50 errors a season over the course of his career, and all the while blaming it all on Eddie Stanky, and yet over 40% of baseball fans clung to the notion that he is the greatest ballplayer ever, because he broke the color barrier.

KantoSooner
9/14/2011, 04:16 PM
Carter was without a doubt one of our most academically accomplished presidents. He also had a highly successful military career that he completed with honor and total rectitude.

He was, ironically, also perhaps the worst leader in the history of the country. Carter saw the world through a simplistic and classic 'liberal guilt' prism and thus felt that the US should spend eternity in a hairshirt and ashes apologizing for being more successful than most other countries and peoples.

He failed to grasp that life is a full contact game and that some of the goodies out there are seized, not shared out by benevolent Den Mothers.

Also in keeping with the inchoate totalitarianism inherent in leftist thought, he became bitter when 'the people' did not bend to his will and has spent the years after his historic rejection at the polls in increasing bitterness, roaming the world attempting to embarass and upstage his homeland.

Al Gore was at risk of the same fate, but then re-discovered his taste for bourbon, nice cars and compliant masseuses. But, then again, maybe that's the fundamental difference between Tennessee and Georgia, right there...

badger
9/14/2011, 04:29 PM
Some people farm peanuts. Some people warn the globe that it's warming. To each his own, I guess.

CrimsonCream
9/14/2011, 04:44 PM
I prefer to liken Obama more to the late great Jackie Robinson.

That is, if Robinson had averaged .129 with 86 strikeouts, hitting into 42 double-plays and making 50 errors a season over the course of his career, and all the while blaming it all on Eddie Stanky, and yet over 40% of baseball fans clung to the notion that he is the greatest ballplayer ever, because he broke the color barrier.

Pretty good.

The difference is I think is that Carter was a good man and tried to do the best he could but was just inept. Obama, on the other hand, is a liar, dishonest, morally corrupt, arrogant and egotistical and a sleaze in all things. He has really damaged this Country.

diverdog
9/14/2011, 05:44 PM
Based on the election results from last night, one in a very heavily democratic district, despite what the idiot DNC chair says, if the local janitor throws his hat in the ring, Obama and gang will be heading back to Chicago to continue their careers in community organizing.

I am not sure how to view the election. Either the Republicans are going to win big or all incumbents are going to have a bad night.

pphilfran
9/14/2011, 05:54 PM
Incumbants....