PDA

View Full Version : Apparently I am smarter than I thought I was

FirstandGoal
9/14/2011, 09:06 AM
So I got my beta Pottermore account activated the other day and JKR's personality test just sorted me into my house....

Ravenclaw. :)

In all honesty, I feel more affinity with the snakes, but I kinda like the idea that I'm smart enough to hang with those guys.

olevetonahill
9/14/2011, 09:10 AM
Heh, I just got the 2nd book from the Library

NormanPride
9/14/2011, 09:11 AM
How do you like them so far?

FirstandGoal
9/14/2011, 09:15 AM
Heh, I just got the 2nd book from the Library

So many people don't like the second book, but I've always thought it was the funniest of all 7 of them.

olevetonahill
9/14/2011, 09:26 AM
How do you like them so far?

The 1st one was "Different" but a fun read. Haven't started the 2nd one yet. The amount of reading i do goes way down during Football season .

TUSooner
9/14/2011, 09:36 AM
The 1st one was "Different" but a fun read. Haven't started the 2nd one yet. The amount of reading i do goes way down during Football season .

Ain't that true?! Heh.

olevetonahill
9/14/2011, 09:37 AM
Ain't that true?! Heh.
Heh, My librarian Laughs at me, After Football season is over I usually have my Direct TeeVee turned off. then go back to reading 3 to 5 novels a week .

badger
9/14/2011, 11:12 AM
I got 145 lines on NES Tetris last night and felt smart afterward, hehe. The NES version is a lot harder than the Nintendo DS version. That one I can constantly manipulate to get the max 200 lines :D

C&CDean
9/14/2011, 03:25 PM
I got 145 lines on NES Tetris last night and felt smart afterward, hehe. The NES version is a lot harder than the Nintendo DS version. That one I can constantly manipulate to get the max 200 lines :D

You would be in Geekyndor House.

SicEmBaylor
9/14/2011, 03:39 PM
I'm a Slytherin man. Always was; always will be.

C&CDean
9/14/2011, 03:45 PM
Froston Malfoy. It has a ring to it.

SicEmBaylor
9/14/2011, 03:52 PM
Froston Malfoy. It has a ring to it.
It's music to my ears.

C&CDean
9/14/2011, 04:10 PM
Draco, Froston, Narcissa, and Lucious Malfoy. I can dig it.

Cheerin' 4 OU
9/14/2011, 11:04 PM
I am in Slytherin too. I always figured I was a Ravenclaw kinda chick, but Slytherin works out nicely for me. :)

SicEmBaylor
9/14/2011, 11:07 PM
I am in Slytherin too. I always figured I was a Ravenclaw kinda chick, but Slytherin works out nicely for me. :)

How you doin'?

Chuck Bao
9/15/2011, 01:27 AM
I'm the exact opposite of Slytherin, so I guess that I'm Hufflepuff. "We'll teach the lot."

SicEmBaylor
9/15/2011, 01:57 AM
I'm the exact opposite of Slytherin, so I guess that I'm Hufflepuff. "We'll teach the lot."

I can see that.

Rowling never comes right out and says as much, but I always got the impression that Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw were somewhat subsidiary to Gryffindor and Slytherin. Whereas Hufflepuff would somewhat favor Gryffindor; Ravenclaw would somewhat favor Slytherin.

FirstandGoal
9/15/2011, 08:30 AM
I can see that.

Rowling never comes right out and says as much, but I always got the impression that Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw were somewhat subsidiary to Gryffindor and Slytherin. Whereas Hufflepuff would somewhat favor Gryffindor; Ravenclaw would somewhat favor Slytherin.

I see it this way too. Still trying to get around the fact that Jo herself sorted me into Ravenclaw, but if I'm really honest with myself, I am more of an academic at heart.

For many years, I've had this "identity" as a Slytherin. I mean, Harry is the hero of the story, but you have to admit he gets a bit boring at times by always insisting on doing the right thing. I'm sure the Slytherin common room had all the best parties. And snakes are really cool.