PDA

View Full Version : Mike Gundy the disciplinarian

badger
9/13/2011, 03:10 PM
I thought you all would enjoy this:

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/sportspost.aspx?Herschel_Sims_Twitter_transgressio n_results_in_a_week_of_StairMaster/11-12547)

During the entirety of seven practice sessions, Sims was on a StairMaster while clad in full pads and a helmet.

“Herschel was running his mouth, so I had to do something about it,” Gundy said on Monday.

I have no idea what he said on tweetie, but if anyone does, it was hilarious, wasn't it?

saucysoonergal
9/13/2011, 04:06 PM
I hope he doesn't ever wear an OU shirt.

LVSOONER15
9/13/2011, 04:11 PM
Gundy is a joke, well actually that whole program is a joke.

jumperstop
9/13/2011, 04:14 PM
A stair stepper a punishment? That's what my gf hops on for her easy day at the gym...

northspeter
9/13/2011, 04:16 PM
sims has been complaining about his lack of PT...

MountainOkie
9/13/2011, 04:19 PM
A stair stepper a punishment? That's what my gf hops on for her easy day at the gym...

Man, I don't know. You make a guy stand in a room these days and you lose your head coaching job (ala Leach). If I were a head coach I wouldn't go much past stair-master.

sooneredaco
9/13/2011, 04:22 PM
I wonder if the guy pissed Mrs. Gundy off and that caused him to go off on the poor lad?

En_Fuego
9/13/2011, 04:32 PM
Something about some fried chicken and not getting to play...:tongue:

goingoneight
9/13/2011, 04:52 PM
He said "I knew I made a mistake but it is what it is" after the first game on Tweeter, per OP.com. The ag homers were pissed. Well, what do you expect a hotshot freshman to say when he's pissed? It's not like Dez Bryant is going out and saying attending OSU was a mistake. It's an over-reacting kid. Kudos to Gundy if THIS is what he is being punished for. If not, nothing surprises me what football players say online anyway.

NormanPride
9/13/2011, 04:56 PM
Glad our hotshot freshman running back knows that sometimes you wait for the golden opportunity rather than getting it handed to you.

I hope Brandon Williams has a great career, and keeps a cool head about things.

badger
9/13/2011, 05:48 PM
He apparently didn't enter the U-La-La game and if I had to guess, didn't play against Zona either.

He was probably thinking that as a 5-star Texan, he was going to be a four-year (or three-and-done) starter and rack up Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders, etc. yards at OSU en route to a sure-fire NFL career.

I am sure Gundy's sales pitch to a top recruit like Sims had to be something along those lines.

Then, injury and no practicing means no playing time. Suddenly, you're looking at a redshirt year instead of a breakout froshie season.

Twitter truly is the cause of college football coaching headaches these days, isn't it? :D

jumperstop
9/13/2011, 07:39 PM
He apparently didn't enter the U-La-La game and if I had to guess, didn't play against Zona either.

He was probably thinking that as a 5-star Texan, he was going to be a four-year (or three-and-done) starter and rack up Thurman Thomas, Barry Sanders, etc. yards at OSU en route to a sure-fire NFL career.

I am sure Gundy's sales pitch to a top recruit like Sims had to be something along those lines.

Then, injury and no practicing means no playing time. Suddenly, you're looking at a redshirt year instead of a breakout froshie season.

Twitter truly is the cause of college football coaching headaches these days, isn't it? :D

He would have been crazy to think he could get in front of Randall. A proven back with a lot of playing time under his belt.

AlboSooner
9/13/2011, 08:12 PM
the only thing gumby disciplines is his hair

CowboyMRW
9/13/2011, 09:24 PM
After the ULaLa game, he tweeted, "This is Bull****". Then 20 minutes later he tweeted, something about fans overreacting or something to that extent.

Stairmaster is plenty punishment. From what I've been told it's something close to climbing the Empire State building and back down, every day.

SoonerofAlabama
9/13/2011, 09:37 PM
CowboyMRW, I am just going to say that the 2011 MNC has already happened.

Just sayin'.

;)

CowboyMRW
9/14/2011, 12:01 AM
Well I said 2012 MNC first in my sig, and Badger informed me that was wrong and it was in fact 2011 so I changed it to 2011. I'm so confused right now haha

badger
9/14/2011, 07:31 AM
Just say "2011 National Champions" and that'll suffice. The game is in 2012, but the season is 2011.

Actually... just say "Pokes to receive 2011 rings for something" because if they'll hand out 2010 co-co Big 12 South rings... :P

Sooner_Tuf
9/14/2011, 07:40 AM
I think he tweeted he "new he made the wrong decision".

No candy bars for him.

badger
9/14/2011, 08:27 AM
Candy bars only go to defense at OSU. I have no idea why offensive players get. I know last season that got a week's reprieve from having to look creepy Dana in the eyes.

cleller
9/14/2011, 10:28 AM
Gumby is goofy, but he's hard not to like a little bit on these occassions.

Breadburner
9/14/2011, 10:42 AM
The O got to drink the swill from Dana's Red Bull cans and were happy to get it......!!!!!

LakeRat
9/14/2011, 12:50 PM
I have always been under the impression that Gundy was pretty solid on keeping guys in line. When he took over, he cleaned house and then he has given similar punishments in situations to stoops. 1 game for DUI. Stills got the same thing. Tweeting stupidly, unless like Jarboe, really isn't kicked off the team material.

soonerinabilene
9/14/2011, 01:26 PM
Saw sims at a convienence store here sunday morning around 6oclock. Guy is from a dirt poor family, with a mom in and out of prison, and no dad, lived with his uncle who I work with his sEnior year, and is now rolling in an Escalade.

badger
9/14/2011, 01:34 PM
Saw sims at a convienence store here sunday morning around 6oclock. Guy is from a dirt poor family, with a mom in and out of prison, and no dad, lived with his uncle who I work with his sEnior year, and is now rolling in an Escalade.

Alex Trebek: An Escalade is used to bring these to Stillwater.

Contestant: What are five-star recruits?

LakeRat
9/14/2011, 01:46 PM

So your saying his uncle has a pretty good job? You must be loaded.

soonerinabilene
9/14/2011, 03:04 PM
So your saying his uncle has a pretty good job? You must be loaded. I wish thats what I was saying.

badger
9/14/2011, 03:18 PM

Oh and I'm begging you: Post a pic of Sims in his Escalade online. The Pokes would melt like orange popsicles over that.

GottaHavePride
9/14/2011, 04:40 PM
This thread is begging for a "Mike Gundy the Decepticon" copycat.

King Barry's Back
9/14/2011, 07:12 PM
Gundy is goofy, and I'd never want him at OU (but his brother has worked out OK), but he is winning pretty big in Stillwater, OK, and that's to his credit.

And regarding the goofiness, there is just something lovingly Okie about him, you know?

FirstAndGoalOU
9/15/2011, 01:58 PM
Gundy is goofy,I'd never want him at OU (but his
And regarding the goofiness, there is just something lovingly Okie about him, you know?

http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww335/HasbeenKOed/chappelle.gif

sooneredaco
9/15/2011, 02:36 PM

I don't think I could disagree more

sooneredaco
9/15/2011, 02:47 PM

Good use of Good 'ole Pickens money

SoonerDood
9/15/2011, 03:44 PM
I have always been under the impression that Gundy was pretty solid on keeping guys in line.

Chris Collins is calling from his cell to say hello.

tennsooner
9/16/2011, 05:37 AM
“Herschel and I are in good standing,” Gundy added on Monday. “Now he just has to build back his reputation with the Oklahoma State people.
"

Perhaps buy him a herd of sheep?