PDA

View Full Version : Issa on Holder: "so inept that he is dangerous to have as the Attorney General."

MountainOkie
9/13/2011, 10:34 AM
And that Obama should remove him immediately.

Issa also said that the "gunrunner" fiasco was worse than Iran-Contra.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/180867-issa-holder-qso-inept-he-may-be-a-dangerq-as-attorney-general

MountainOkie
9/13/2011, 11:11 AM
Issa said that yesterday.

Then today he's hit with allegations of "ethics violations".

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/181071-rep-issa-hit-with-ethics-allegations

Coincidence?

Oh, and if you do happen to think it's coincidence I own a bridge that I'd like to sell you.

This one's heating up quick. The parties involved have stopped playing nice.

sappstuf
9/13/2011, 12:17 PM
Issa said that yesterday.

Then today he's hit with allegations of "ethics violations".

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/181071-rep-issa-hit-with-ethics-allegations

Coincidence?

Oh, and if you do happen to think it's coincidence I own a bridge that I'd like to sell you.

This one's heating up quick. The parties involved have stopped playing nice.

The Issa thing is nonsense.. In that article it says:

Lux cites a 3,080-word investigative report published in The New York Times on Aug. 15 and reporting by Thinkprogress.org, a liberal media outlet.

That NYTimes article was an unsubstantiated hit piece.. How do we know? It was forced to issue two retractions on that story that took out all the alleged corruption and money. If their allegations were based on that story and anything from thinkprogress, it will amount to nothing.

To the original poster, it is pretty clear to me that Obama's Fast and Furious operation was worse than the Contra affair. Americans, including law enforcement, have been killed on American soil directly from the guns they set loose.

MountainOkie
9/13/2011, 02:28 PM
To the original poster, it is pretty clear to me that Obama's Fast and Furious operation was worse than the Contra affair. Americans, including law enforcement, have been killed on American soil directly from the guns they set loose.

Yeah, I don't disagree. And I also think the Issa thing is a load of bull. Sorry if I implied something different.

diverdog
9/13/2011, 02:59 PM
And that Obama should remove him immediately.

Issa also said that the "gunrunner" fiasco was worse than Iran-Contra.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/180867-issa-holder-qso-inept-he-may-be-a-dangerq-as-attorney-general

Holder needs to go but to say this is worse than Iran Contra is a stretch.

sappstuf
9/13/2011, 03:02 PM
Holder needs to go but to say this is worse than Iran Contra is a stretch.

How many American citizens have to die directly from this operation before you change your mind?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/13/2011, 04:35 PM
Iran Contra was about giving aid to anti-Communist fighters in Nicaragua. Fast and Furious is about trying to take down the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution.

diverdog
9/13/2011, 09:10 PM
How many American citizens have to die directly from this operation before you change your mind?

We sent TOW and Hawk missiles to Iran plus a lot of other weapons. The US also funded an illegal war in Central America. A lot of people died.

sappstuf
9/13/2011, 10:12 PM
We sent TOW and Hawk missiles to Iran plus a lot of other weapons. The US also funded an illegal war in Central America. A lot of people died.

I will repeat the question..

diverdog
9/14/2011, 01:45 AM
I will repeat the question..

Change my mind about what? This an operation that began under Bush and continued through Obama/ Holder. At one time it was a good op. Somewhere it got out of hand and people should be accountable. I have said Holder should lose his job and probably a few in ATF. What else do you want?

Secondly, I find it a bit ironic that one of the main arguments pubs always through up about gun control is " guns don't kill, people kill". Now you are saying guns kill? I guess the pubs want their cake and eat it too. (sarcasm allowed?)

SicEmBaylor
9/14/2011, 02:17 AM
The ATF should have been dismantled a long long time ago. Hell, the ATF should never have been established in the first place. I don't disrespect all Federal law enforcement agencies, but I don't have a single shred of it for the jack-booted thugs at the ATF. The one thing that they're supposed to do is keep illegal guns off the street, but in this case they purposely allowed them to not only stay on the street but be put into the hands of dangerous foreign criminal elements. The level of incompetence and bad judgement in this situation is literally mind blowing (no pun intended).

HOWEVER, I wouldn't say that rises to the level of Iran Contra. I do enjoy the thought of killing communists, but the bad judgement involved in the decision to give advanced military hardware to radical Islamic jihadists in Iran while doing a run-around Congress brings "mind blowing bad judgement" to a whole other level. Only a believer in an imperial Presidency would believe that Iran-Contra was either appropriate or justifiable. The idea that the Executive should be given a pass when it clearly breaks the law and will of Congress on a level of that magnitude is truly a very scary thought.

I absolutely love Ronald Reagan. Some kids had posters of Michael Jordan above their beds as kids -- I had a portrait of Ronald Reagan. But Iran-Contra was a very dark stain on his record, and I can only hope that he truly did not know or authorize the activities being conducted in his name.

diverdog
9/14/2011, 06:12 AM
The ATF should have been dismantled a long long time ago. Hell, the ATF should never have been established in the first place. I don't disrespect all Federal law enforcement agencies, but I don't have a single shred of it for the jack-booted thugs at the ATF. The one thing that they're supposed to do is keep illegal guns off the street, but in this case they purposely allowed them to not only stay on the street but be put into the hands of dangerous foreign criminal elements. The level of incompetence and bad judgement in this situation is literally mind blowing (no pun intended).

HOWEVER, I wouldn't say that rises to the level of Iran Contra. I do enjoy the thought of killing communists, but the bad judgement involved in the decision to give advanced military hardware to radical Islamic jihadists in Iran while doing a run-around Congress brings "mind blowing bad judgement" to a whole other level. Only a believer in an imperial Presidency would believe that Iran-Contra was either appropriate or justifiable. The idea that the Executive should be given a pass when it clearly breaks the law and will of Congress on a level of that magnitude is truly a very scary thought.

I absolutely love Ronald Reagan. Some kids had posters of Michael Jordan above their beds as kids -- I had a portrait of Ronald Reagan. But Iran-Contra was a very dark stain on his record, and I can only hope that he truly did not know or authorize the activities being conducted in his name.

Good post.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/14/2011, 06:34 AM
ATF needs to go. They do absolutely nothing and are buffoons.

sappstuf
9/14/2011, 08:23 AM
Change my mind about what? This an operation that began under Bush and continued through Obama/ Holder. At one time it was a good op. Somewhere it got out of hand and people should be accountable. I have said Holder should lose his job and probably a few in ATF. What else do you want?

Secondly, I find it a bit ironic that one of the main arguments pubs always through up about gun control is " guns don't kill, people kill". Now you are saying guns kill? I guess the pubs want their cake and eat it too. (sarcasm allowed?)

Known criminals kill people. The Obama administration thought it was a good idea to supply them with assault rifles and let them walk away... Brilliant!

That "somewhere" you are talking about was in late 2009 into 2010.. Bush wasn't president then(But I should have known you would have brought him into the conversation). Allowing 2500 assault rifles to be sold to known criminals with no plan on how to get those back is fully on the Obama administration. They allowed the sale of these weapons to known criminals that under the law shouldn't have been allowed to buy them..

Obama kept saying, just like with Soylandra that the White House didn't know anything about it. Lies on both counts.

There are still thousands of assault rifles out on the streets. My question is simple.. How many more Americans have to die before you think it becomes worse than Iran/Contra? 5, 10, 100, 5000? How many?

diverdog
9/14/2011, 09:34 AM
Known criminals kill people. The Obama administration thought it was a good idea to supply them with assault rifles and let them walk away... Brilliant!

That "somewhere" you are talking about was in late 2009 into 2010.. Bush wasn't president then(But I should have known you would have brought him into the conversation). Allowing 2500 assault rifles to be sold to known criminals with no plan on how to get those back is fully on the Obama administration. They allowed the sale of these weapons to known criminals that under the law shouldn't have been allowed to buy them..

Obama kept saying, just like with Soylandra that the White House didn't know anything about it. Lies on both counts.

There are still thousands of assault rifles out on the streets. My question is simple.. How many more Americans have to die before you think it becomes worse than Iran/Contra? 5, 10, 100, 5000? How many?

True or false ....did operation gunrunner start under the Bush Administration?

dwarthog
9/14/2011, 10:56 AM
True or false ....did operation gunrunner start under the Bush Administration?

It was Project Gunrunner and that started in 2005 as a test and expanded in 2006.

Operation Fast and Furious began in 2009 using stimulus money.

Kind of disingenuous to link the mandates in the 2009 directives to the original intent of the project, although that does provide a way out with regard to the current admins screw up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Gunrunner

sappstuf
9/14/2011, 12:34 PM
It was Project Gunrunner and that started in 2005 as a test and expanded in 2006.

Operation Fast and Furious began in 2009 using stimulus money.

Kind of disingenuous to link the mandates in the 2009 directives to the original intent of the project, although that does provide a way out with regard to the current admins screw up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Gunrunner

Yep. Project Gunrunner was about installing an electronic tracking system for guns all over Mexico and other south American countries. Fast and Furious(Gunwalker) was different and didn't start until the stimulus act was passed by , but it did fall under the Project Gunrunner umbrella...

The only Repubs that voted for the Stimulus at any level were Collins, Snowe, and Spector... It must have been their fault.