PDA

View Full Version : Timing is everything...........

Alum81
9/13/2011, 06:24 AM
you think?

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Ex-Florida-State-coach-Bobby-Bowden-to-make-emotional-announcement-on-health

Sooner in Tampa
9/13/2011, 06:52 AM
Sorry...I just don't see someone of Bobby Bowden's stature pulling a stunt like this just to win a football game.

CBUS_SOONER
9/13/2011, 06:53 AM
We r doomed

SoonerBorn85
9/13/2011, 07:10 AM
That's what she said!

limey_sooner
9/13/2011, 07:14 AM
Sorry...I just don't see someone of Bobby Bowden's stature pulling a stunt like this just to win a football game.

Not only that, I think the whole motivation through tragedy thing is overblown.

As The King once said:

“It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.”

Sooner in Tampa
9/13/2011, 07:28 AM
Not only that, I think the whole motivation through tragedy thing is overblown.

As The King once said:

“It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.”

FIFY

Sooner in Tampa
9/13/2011, 07:33 AM
This is what all the hype is about

Ahead of an appearance on ABC’s Good Morning America, Bowden revealed for the first time in an interview with USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/story/2011-09-12/bobby-bowden-prostate-cancer-treatment/50381396/1?csp=34sports&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+UsatodaycomCollegeFootball-TopStories+(Sports+-+College+Football+-+Top+Stories)) that he was diagnosed with prostate cancer (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-bobby-bowden-gma-prostate-announcement-20110913,0,6252443.story) in early 2007. Bowden was treated by a captain on his first Florida State team, Dr. Joe Camps, with low-dose radiation seeds implanted in his prostrate.

That procedure was performed in the spring of 2007; Bowden has been cancer-free since. With the exception of family members, Bowden told no one of his health battle, the now-retired coach said in the interview. That has left Bowden kicking himself in the dadgum rear for waiting so long to go public with his health scare.

Alum81
9/13/2011, 08:08 AM
The original post alluded to something that might have been terminal. I'm truly thankful he is cancer free. That is one battle I will root for anyone, friend or opponent, to win.

PhiDeltBeers
9/13/2011, 08:08 AM
This is what all the hype is about

Dadgum???

Sooner in Tampa
9/13/2011, 08:16 AM
The original post alluded to something that might have been terminal. I'm truly thankful he is cancer free. That is one battle I will root for anyone, friend or opponent, to win.

^^^^^^ THIS

C&CDean
9/13/2011, 08:18 AM
Nothing to see here folks...

SoonerinSouthlake
9/13/2011, 08:20 AM
Maybe we can get the Big 12 Conference to step up an make a statement on Good Morning America regarding its failing health.