PDA

View Full Version : pub debate

SanJoaquinSooner
9/12/2011, 10:53 PM
Michele Bachman accuses Perry of taking bribes because he took a contribution from MERCK-- on the vaccination of girls against HPV. MERCK was the supplier of the vaccine. Perry says he was offended because the amount was so small...apparently if the contribution was bigger, we might be inclined to think twice about his support of the vaccine. Bachman called the vaccine a "government injection." hard to tell who's crazier here.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/12/2011, 10:57 PM
Perry got roasted tonite worse than Romo last night. Things are on fire in Texas...Perry sounds apologetic for his lack of conservative red meat positions. Bachman skewered him.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/12/2011, 10:58 PM
Ron Paul: my taxes have doubled since Rick Perry took office in TX.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/12/2011, 10:58 PM
Fireworks on SS: Perry said that Mitt's book said SS was criminal. Actually Mitt said it was "criminal" for congress to raid the SS funds to pay for other costs. Many Tea Party hardcores believe SS should be dissolved because it's unconstitutional. No candidate can win taking this crazy view.

Veritas
9/12/2011, 11:14 PM
So that this doesn't sound like one hand clapping, if you had to vote R, which would you chose?

SanJoaquinSooner
9/12/2011, 11:55 PM
So that this doesn't sound like one hand clapping, if you had to vote R, which would you chose?

Huntsman would be first choice. Paul is right on target for about 85% of issues. on the other 15% he's looney.

If we were all in a movie, I'd vote for Michelle.

Perry makes Mitt looks tolerable.

But in all seriousness, I think the pubs would have the best chance with Mitt in a match up with Obama.

Last time I voted for Clinton in the primary and McCain in the election.

Lott's Bandana
9/13/2011, 12:18 AM
Fireworks on SS: Perry said that Mitt's book said SS was criminal. Actually Mitt said it was "criminal" for congress to raid the SS funds to pay for other costs. Many Tea Party hardcores believe SS should be dissolved because it's unconstitutional. No candidate can win taking this crazy view.

Schutzstaffel?

SanJoaquinSooner
9/22/2011, 11:28 PM
Dateline September 22, 2011.

Another wild pub debate.

The most articulate: Huntsman/Romney/Gingrich. The least articulate: Perry. The craziest: Santorum/Bachmann. The alien from another galaxy: Ron Paul. The man most likely to be a Pizza Mogul: Cain.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/22/2011, 11:30 PM
Bachmann is like a dog with a bone about Perry and the mandated HPV vaccinations...the infamous government injections! She's a nut.

Perry's sanctimonious defense: I erred on the side of life. Lots of boo's from the audience.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/22/2011, 11:35 PM
Perry's VP preference: Mate Newt with Herman Cain to produce the perfect VP....no doubt he was not coached on this answer.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/22/2011, 11:40 PM
Santorum: we're not leaving Iraq.

Huntsman: time to bring the boys home, Rick. Santorum says we're gonna stand up for our values! We need to fight to win! This guy is not gonna win anything.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/22/2011, 11:46 PM
Cain won't be our next President, but he is in training to be a CEO of Hewlett Packard some day.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/23/2011, 08:28 AM
I'm terribly disappointed in Michele Bachmann. She's supposed to be smart - at least two standard deviations above a Rick Perry. I thought she'd be a major player in this. With all the nonsense she makes up, she's turned herself into a carnival act.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/25/2011, 09:34 AM
Dateline: September 24, 2011.

Cain upsets Perry in Florida straw poll! http://news.yahoo.com/cain-upsets-perry-florida-republican-straw-poll-021341545.html

Apparently Florida GOP activists are pissed at Perry for being soft on illegal immigration.

If elected, no doubt Cain will issue an executive order mandating all pizza delivery men to check for green cards before handing over those pizzas

diverdog
9/25/2011, 10:32 AM
I think Bachmann and Santorum are toast. Ron Paul and Cain won't get the nomination.

The race is really down to Perry, Romney and Huntsman. It is Romneys to lose. Christie should run because he would destroy all of them.

soonercoop1
9/25/2011, 11:10 AM
I think Bachmann and Santorum are toast. Ron Paul and Cain won't get the nomination.

The race is really down to Perry, Romney and Huntsman. It is Romneys to lose. Christie should run because he would destroy all of them.

Won't vote for Romney and definitely not Huntsman...seems only the establishment and the NE want Christie and/or Huntsman...Cain is the only pub I would vote for at this point as Perry is too easy to expose and probably another Bush anyway...Paul has some good ideas but some are also crazy...Bachman is pretty much done...

SanJoaquinSooner
9/25/2011, 11:48 AM

Agreed, Romney's in the driver's seat with a 1/2 lap lead.

diverdog
9/25/2011, 11:58 AM
Won't vote for Romney and definitely not Huntsman...seems only the establishment and the NE want Christie and/or Huntsman...Cain is the only pub I would vote for at this point as Perry is too easy to expose and probably another Bush anyway...Paul has some good ideas but some are also crazy...Bachman is pretty much done...

Cain is unelectable. Politics is all about boots on the ground and he doesn't have them. Romney has built a good infrastructure. Straw polls are worse than meaningless.

SanJoaquinSooner
9/25/2011, 12:06 PM
Pub activists don't like that Perry supports the law allowing for in-state tuition and defends it to this day. But what they really hate is how the Texas governor went about justifying it. Perry says, "It doesn't make any difference what the sound of your last name is."

Talk like that drives conservative talking heads ballistic.

Ann Coulter, appearing on the Michael Medved radio show, screeched: "So that's why Republicans oppose in-state tuition for illegal aliens - because they don't like the sound of someone's last name? Screw you, Rick Perry!"

A huge mistake by Perry. If he wanted to think about Reagan's "big tent" so as to include Latinos, he should focus on something like vouchers for private schools. Latinos and conservative activists alike get a hard-on for that. Many Latinos would love to send their kids to a Catholic school over a public school.

Also Latinos would jump on board for deregulation of business, so it's easier to start your own business without gov't interference. e.g., why in God's name does anyone need a gov't license to be a hairdresser?

diverdog
9/25/2011, 12:13 PM
Pub activists don't like that Perry supports the law allowing for in-state tuition and defends it to this day. But what they really hate is how the Texas governor went about justifying it. Perry says, "It doesn't make any difference what the sound of your last name is."

Talk like that drives conservative talking heads ballistic.

Ann Coulter, appearing on the Michael Medved radio show, screeched: "So that's why Republicans oppose in-state tuition for illegal aliens - because they don't like the sound of someone's last name? Screw you, Rick Perry!"

A huge mistake by Perry. If he wanted to think about Reagan's "big tent" so as to include Latinos, he should focus on something like vouchers for private schools. Latinos and conservative activists alike get a hard-on for that. Many Latinos would love to send their kids to a Catholic school over a public school.

Also Latinos would jump on board for deregulation of business, so it's easier to start your own business without gov't interference. e.g., why in God's name does anyone need a gov't license to be a hairdresser?

I have had pretty much my fill on Texans.....Johnson, Bush and Bush. All three got us *** deep in wars and recessions. Plus they spend money like crazy. Perry would be no better. I think Romney can win because he is acceptable to folks like me.

okie52
9/25/2011, 02:51 PM
yeah, we don't need another TX prez that's weak on illegal immigration.

SicEmBaylor
9/25/2011, 03:07 PM
Perry got roasted tonite worse than Romo last night. Things are on fire in Texas...Perry sounds apologetic for his lack of conservative red meat positions. Bachman skewered him.

This. I've been saying this for almost 10 years. Very few people saw it at first, but over the years everyone is slowly coming to realize that this guy is nothing more than a career opportunist rather than a principled conservative.

SoonerMom2
9/25/2011, 03:15 PM
Heard from a reporter at AZ I have been going back and forth with since 2000 and wrote some things for them in 2008, that Karl Rove who is Romney's consultant helped write the questions for Fox News. Too many debates and too many social issues. This is an election between the Bush 41/Rove group of establishment Republicans who tried to defeat Tom Coburn, conservatives and the far right of Bachmann. Straw polls are money makers for the organization and do not gauge support that well -- shocked Romney didn't win as he usually buys the most ballots for his people. Won't vote for Romney or Huntsman or Palin. If Romney gets the nomination, expect Donald Trump to run 3rd party.

MR2-Sooner86
9/25/2011, 03:29 PM
On issues like this I trust Chewbacca.

http://homelandsecuritytheater.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/TSA_CHEWBACCA_Ron_Paul.jpg

sappstuf
9/26/2011, 08:38 AM

Huntsman is polling exactly as well as Gingrich and Bachmann and Santorum is better... He is not in the top three.. Not even close.

Herman Cain... When I'm President, I'll deliver!

It could be one of the best slogans ever..