PDA

View Full Version : 5 Inexplicably Horrifying Episodes of Classic Comedies

sappstuf
9/12/2011, 12:44 PM
Great read.. I love Cracked's take on this episodes.. Do you remember watching any of them?

Titles include:

#5. Punky Brewster: Punky Loses Everyone She Loves

#4. All in the Family: Edith Bunker Is Sexually Assaulted on Her Birthday

#3. Diff'rent Strokes: Arnold and Dudley Get Molested

#2. Too Close for Comfort: Monroe Gets Kidnapped and Sexually Tortured

#1. Diff'rent Strokes: Sam Gets Kidnapped and Held Hostage

http://www.cracked.com/article_19401_5-inexplicably-horrifying-episodes-classic-comedies.html

pphilfran
9/12/2011, 01:01 PM
#5 With a name like Punky what would you expect?

#4 Her attacker must have been blind,,,

#3 Diff'rent Strokes for diff'rent folks....they probably liked it...

#2 Did the attacker actually get Too Close for Comfort...

#1 See #3...

jumperstop
9/12/2011, 01:04 PM
I can honestly say that I have not seen an episode of any of those. In fact, I don't think a single one aired first run after I was born.

yermom
9/12/2011, 01:05 PM
#3 is so much worse because it's Mr. Carlson/Maytag Repairman Gordon Jump trying to diddle them.

KantoSooner
9/12/2011, 01:52 PM
There are also, of course, the myriad gay-pedophilic references in both 'Leave It To Beaver' (itself a rather too-quick-for-1950s-censors hint of the double entendre horror to come) and 'My Three Sons' (What DID 'Uncle Charley' get up to that left the boys, especially 'Chip' (off who's block, might one ask?), so rebellious and yet ultimately strangely submissive?)
It's no wonder my generation turned out as we did. War in Iraq was probably no more than George W's acting out of inchoate protest against the unjust rule of 'Ward' over the obvioius Madonna figure of 'June' and the boys.

GDC
9/12/2011, 02:16 PM
All in the Family is one of the best tv series ever. Different Strokes not so much, but I watched it as a kid.

TUSooner
9/12/2011, 02:29 PM
The only problem with Cracked, like the Onion, is that once I start reading it it's hard to stop.

OhU1
9/12/2011, 04:05 PM
Caroll O'Connor (Archie) was 47 when All in The Family started. I always thought he was like 62 or something.

soonerboomer93
9/12/2011, 04:21 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure about #5 and #4

But I know I've seen 1,2 and 3

C&CDean
9/12/2011, 04:24 PM
Classic? Only #4 could be remotely considered a classic. The rest are crap.

Oldnslo
9/12/2011, 04:32 PM
All In The Family also had one where an IDF agent was blown up. Great show, but with a couple of klinkers.

Howzit
9/12/2011, 04:41 PM
All in the Family got pretty dark it's last season.

olevetonahill
9/12/2011, 04:52 PM
Classic? Only #4 could be remotely considered a classic. The rest are crap.

Never been a TeeVee fan, But that show is the only one i ever watched any episodes of

8timechamps
9/12/2011, 05:04 PM
#3 is so much worse because it's Mr. Carlson/Maytag Repairman Gordon Jump trying to diddle them.

Yeah, and I never looked at the Maytag man the same again.

Lott's Bandana
9/12/2011, 05:11 PM
Those two AITF episodes, after all the amazing greatness that preceded it, was one of the most difficult and soul-wrenching pieces of American television I have ever watched, to this day. Edith and Archie were REAL, to what was at the time, a 17 year-old.

C&CDean
9/12/2011, 05:13 PM
Stow it meathead. Oh Awchie!! Quiet you.

MR2-Sooner86
9/12/2011, 07:07 PM
He even tells the kids about all the cool games that they can play with their clothes off and shows them naked pictures of himself, which the studio audience apparently finds hilarious.

He was then taken to an apartment and raped throughout the night. He tells it all to his quasi-family, clearly shaken by the experience, and the studio audience laughs along.

WTF!?!?

Penguin
9/12/2011, 07:12 PM
I remember an episode of The Facts of Life where a photographer wanted to take naked pictures of a 12 year old Tootie. Here it is: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0575395/

Jonathan Dutton: Mrs. Garrett, this is the plum assignment. If I can sell them Tootie's look, it means a national campaign for a sensational new perfume.
Edna Garrett: Perfume? What does perfume have to do with a naked child in a wig?
Jonathan Dutton: They're not seeing anything, they'll only think they're seeing something.
Edna Garrett: That makes it worse.

8timechamps
9/12/2011, 08:54 PM
I remember an episode of The Facts of Life where a photographer wanted to take naked pictures of a 12 year old Tootie. Here it is: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0575395/

Jonathan Dutton: Mrs. Garrett, this is the plum assignment. If I can sell them Tootie's look, it means a national campaign for a sensational new perfume.
Edna Garrett: Perfume? What does perfume have to do with a naked child in a wig?
Jonathan Dutton: They're not seeing anything, they'll only think they're seeing something.
Edna Garrett: That makes it worse.

If it were Blair, THEN you have a good episode!!!!

KantoSooner
9/13/2011, 08:33 AM
WTF!?!?

It was a newer, rawer day in television. A day when studio heads would tank up on Peruvian marching powder and openly explore the possibilities of on air live human sacrifice and whether such was really suitable for the dinner hour. And one of them would generally run with the concept.
Remember anatomically correct Barbie and Ken? The 1970's were harrowing times and only generous lashings of very serious drugs got our fine nation through.