PDA

View Full Version : 9/17: Sooners take on Seminoles

badger
9/12/2011, 10:50 AM
The opening line? Sooners favored by a measly field goal. BUT, we ARE favored!

As noted in every other vBookie thread I just opened, the point spreads are now listed as follows: "FAVORED TEAM by X." The point spread is the X, so in this case, "Oklahoma by 3" means that OU needs to win by at least 3 for you to win the vBet.

If you have a suggestion for an oddball one aside from the point spread, please let me know.

You will have till 7 p.m. Saturday's kickoff to vBet. However, I reserve the right to change the payouts if any info is divulged during the week. Do NOT expect another mega payout Hammer bet this week for all of you after-the-fact vBettors. I will change the odds to 1 in 10k. There will be no more vBookie abuse!

The double-winner rule is in effect as there are more than two options, meaning that if OU wins by exactly 3 points, I will pay both sides. However, none of you want the shame and humility of having picked at Oklahoma, do you?

BOOMER!

badger
9/12/2011, 11:35 AM
A few notes on the additional ones:

1- Nyah nyah, I changed the "lewis wears #12" before any of you clever vBettors could claim that it would also apply to RONNELL Lewis :)

2- "Sooner not named Landry" can refer to any player at any position, from kicker to wide receiver. Just complete a forward pass and if your name is not Landry, I vPay.

3- If Jimmy is indeed benched and does not kick anything, I will vPay... but likely I will hear about it when you do and up the odds to 1 in 10k. If he doesn't kick any field goals and just kicks perfect extra points, that will also vPay.

4- The d@mn Dr. Pepper ad is "Let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time, let's have a real good time..."

badger
9/12/2011, 01:23 PM
In an effort to keep everyone on a level playing field, Travis tweeted that he's not playing Saturday.

Link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/OU/article.aspx?subjectid=92&articleid=20110912_92_0_MaybeT793185)

BUT... since the odds were high to begin with, I'm going to keep them up and let you speculate whether circumstances will change and Travis WILL see the field and wear #28 still. Stay tuned!

badger
9/13/2011, 08:30 AM
No other takers on Walk On Whaley? OK, OK, I'll drop it to 4 TDs exactly. Remember they can be receiving or rushing.

badger
9/13/2011, 10:30 AM
Come ON, guys, it's 8 to 1 payout! You totally know that Whaley could have gotten 8 touchdowns against Tulsa if we just left him in the game. What's a measily 4.

It's my final offer. You aren't going to come back tomorrow and see it say "3 touchdowns" or "2 touchdowns" by Thursday.

I can't believe you all are massively vBetting on 13-2 instead of Whaley getting 4 TDs. :(

boomersooner28
9/13/2011, 02:58 PM
Got 5 hunsky on my Sooners. Thats an easy 500 IMO.

badger
9/13/2011, 03:18 PM
So you can spare 500 for the team, but not even one for the walk on phenom? :mad:

SoonerofAlabama
9/13/2011, 03:47 PM
Put 200 on my man Dom-N-8 to score 4 TDs.

badger
9/13/2011, 04:03 PM
Yay! NOW we're talking! Who else will step up and vBet on our Sooners to dominate the Noles?

:mad: I don't see NEARLY enough takers on the half-a-hundred option. What, think being in a different time zone means that LJ to RB suddenly is worth fewer than six points?

:mad: And turnovers! You really think OU will have one? Hell, they make those receiver gloves so sticky these days they might as well have tree frog feet, or use that banned sticky spray that the 80s receivers in the NFL used!

badger
9/13/2011, 05:21 PM
A new oddball option, courtesy of SoonerofAlabama:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/okla/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/6843583.jpeg

Will this awesome mug shot get 100 yards against FSU? :D

SoonerofAlabama
9/13/2011, 05:31 PM
^SoonerofAlabama^

:)

badger
9/13/2011, 05:38 PM
of/in same difference :D

MountainOkie
9/13/2011, 08:56 PM

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/okla/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/6843583.jpeg

Reminds me of an old Mike Gaddis pic from the media guide in 1989.

SoonerofAlabama
9/13/2011, 08:58 PM

Thanks for the change. :D

badger
9/15/2011, 05:51 PM
Traitor alert:
http://i55.tinypic.com/wqzfw1.png

:mad: SHAME!!!!!

badger
9/16/2011, 02:19 PM
I will not try to vSteal your vCash.

It was just announced that Frank Alexander will wear the coveted #12 jersey, so I have altered odds of Travis wearing it to 1 in 10k.

If you early vBettors want to cling to the oft chance that this is a red herring and that Travis will run out, pain-free and injury-free wearing Box's jersey, I promise to vPay (or ask my vProxy to vPay) the original 28 to 1 odds if that happens.

badger
9/17/2011, 07:56 AM
By the way, the over/under is 55. I have added those options at the bottom. You have till 7 to get vBets in!

SoonerOX
9/17/2011, 11:39 AM
I'll bite on Whaley

ouflak
9/17/2011, 10:36 PM
Guys I'm going to need some help on settling this. Here in Europe, though I did get to see the game on ESPNAmerica, they don't allow the U.S. commercials through. As a result, I really don't know if the Dr. Pepper ad was shown the requisate number of times (5) and can't settle this bet. Any volunteers willing to go through their recording and count that up for me? Two sources of confirmation would be prefferable, but it's not too big of a deal. Thanks!

SoonerofAlabama
9/17/2011, 10:48 PM
I didn't record it, just going by memory here, but I only counted that commercial twice.

Sorry, this probably wasn't much help.

NormanPride
9/17/2011, 10:51 PM
Flak man, the Dr. Pepper commercial was NOT on five times, you can axe that option. Next time, I'm doing that silly Geico heisman pose commercial :P

(this is badger, not NP)

NormanPride
9/17/2011, 10:52 PM
And wow did Travis make a lot of people vCash by showing up tonight. :D We're proud of you, Travis!

ouflak
9/18/2011, 05:41 AM
Thanks SoonerofAlabama and NormanPride-eerily-possessed-by-badger!

Rogue
9/18/2011, 09:04 AM
Thanks Baj!