PDA

View Full Version : 9/16: Friday night games: Smurf Turfer/Toledo, ISU/UConn

badger
9/12/2011, 08:15 AM
Losing by only 5 to Ohio State means Toledo has a prayer, right?

The opening line screams "No," as Boise is still favored by 19.5.

Iowa State visits UConn, which is favored by 5.

If you did not see the Thursday thread, I am showing point spreads differently this week. Basically, if a team is favored, it will have "by X" behind it, with the point spread filling in the X.

So, "Boise State by 19.5" means the Smurfies are favored to win by 19.5 points. "@ UConn by 5" means home team Huskies are favored to win by 5.

The double-win rule still applies, meaning that if UConn wins exactly by 5, both sides win.

You will have till gametime, 7 p.m. Friday, to vBet.

badger
9/16/2011, 10:31 AM
I think there's a much better chance that the d@mn Fiesta Bowl is not mentioned then all of the clanging cowbells at MSU yesterday, but not much. Be forewarned that if announcers talk about it on ESPN leading up to the game, that counts too. They need to make it to the second quarter before they show that sh!ttiness, and that includes pregame too.

badger
9/16/2011, 11:25 AM
Need even more vCash? I have added the current over/unders on both Friday night games.

If you are unfamiliar with how OVER/UNDER bets work, let's take Boise/Toledo for example.

Say that Boise scores 50 points and Toledo scores a paltry 14. Add the two numbers together and you get 64. The over/under on this game is 61, so the OVER would win this game, because 64 is OVER 61 :D

Or, let's say that Toledo keeps it as close as their tOSU game and Boise only wins 27-22. That's a total of 49 points, so the UNDER would win the game, because 49 is UNDER 61 :D

Have fun! Good luck! You have till 7 p.m. to vBet.

ouflak
9/17/2011, 04:05 AM
Unfortunately couldn't watch the game so can't settle this yet. But congrats to everybody who picked ISU!

badger
9/17/2011, 07:15 AM
I haven't left town yet, so I went ahead and settled em.

While they did mentioned the d@mn Fiesta Bowl before the game they didn't specifically mention the Statue, so I paid you all off on that (should have made it about Colt McCoy, they couldn't shaddap about him!).

The finals were 40-15 and 24-20, proof that Vegas does in fact know a few things about final scores as far as the over/unders go, as it would be just barely under on one (and under on the other as well).

Good luck Saturday. I'll be back Sunday to vSettle whatever flak can't get to :)