PDA

View Full Version : When will Dallas realize

soonerfromgeorgia
9/11/2011, 10:38 PM
Tony Romo isn't the f'ing answer????????????

the-rover
9/11/2011, 10:42 PM
When will Cowboy fans realize the Dallas Cowboys suck?

Breadburner
9/11/2011, 10:46 PM
Hopefully never ....**** Texas and the Cowboys.....

WestAustinSooner
9/11/2011, 10:49 PM
There was a divine wind blowing the Jets way. ALL the penalties went to Dallas tonight - and a few incorrectly - especially the last offensive pass interference. It was New York's night. One NY team had to win at least on the anniversary of 9/11. But I agree, Romo isn't going to lead Dallas back to the promised land.

Widescreen
9/11/2011, 10:54 PM
Romo's 2 turnovers killed Dallas. Unbelievable.

picasso
9/11/2011, 10:55 PM
Romo has talent but he still makes stupid mistakes. If he just goes down and they kick a FG instead of acting like he's Mike Vick then they probably win.

Breadburner
9/11/2011, 10:57 PM
Giz Bryant helped the cause as well......

LVSOONER15
9/11/2011, 10:57 PM
Romo sucks big time. He shuts down in tight situations.

SoonerDood
9/11/2011, 11:11 PM
When will Cowboy fans realize the Dallas Cowboys suck?
THIS

DYNOMITE
9/11/2011, 11:22 PM
There was a divine wind blowing the Jets way. ALL the penalties went to Dallas tonight - and a few incorrectly - especially the last offensive pass interference. It was New York's night. One NY team had to win at least on the anniversary of 9/11. But I agree, Romo isn't going to lead Dallas back to the promised land.

But the Cowboys are "America's Team"

sheepdogs
9/11/2011, 11:24 PM
The touchdown awarded to Dallas based on the tie rule was iffy at best.

Texas Golfer
9/11/2011, 11:29 PM
I'm starting a campaign to elect Tony Romo as Choker-in-Chief.

picasso
9/11/2011, 11:30 PM
The touchdown awarded to Dallas based on the tie rule was iffy at best.
How so? I'm no Dallas fan but that rule is obvious. There was no clear indication of who had the ball when they landed.

sheepdogs
9/11/2011, 11:39 PM
How so? I'm no Dallas fan but that rule is obvious. There was no clear indication of who had the ball when they landed.

The Jet player clearly had both hands on the ball as he hit the ground, and by definition, a player is down by contact. Any wrestling of the ball that occurs after that point is being done when the play is dead so it is irrelevant because the play is over. Watch the replay and you'll see the receiver for Dallas got his best possession of the ball while trying to pry it away, which again, was done when the ball was dead and not live.

picasso
9/11/2011, 11:42 PM
The Jet player clearly had both hands on the ball as he hit the ground, and by definition, a player is down by contact. Any wrestling of the ball that occurs after that point is being done when the play is dead so it is irrelevant because the play is over. Watch the replay and you'll see the receiver for Dallas got his best possession of the ball while trying to pry it away, which again, was done when the ball was dead and not live.
That wasn't conclusive. Both players had both hands on the ball.

tfoolry
9/12/2011, 09:24 AM
Everyone knows he's not the answer. Overall, it was a better performance than I expected with thin secondary & inexperienced offensive line. The blocked punt was huge but #9 clearly lost the game by trying to force action twice resulting in fumble from one yard line & INT late in game. The guy plays decent most of the time but just makes colossal miskakes at the worst times. Maybe they can get LJ as it would be greatness to see LJ, Demarco and Manny all on the field at the same time.

rekamrettuB
9/12/2011, 11:09 AM
Romo has talent but he still makes stupid mistakes. If he just goes down and they kick a FG instead of acting like he's Mike Vick then they probably win.

Maybe so but why in the world would you line up in the shotgun to throw when you are on the 2 yard line? If you are going to throw, do it from the I and play action. I would have more than likely ran the ball 3 times had I been calling plays there as 3 points gets you a 10 point lead and it's a much different ball game. You just raked off 2 yards the play before and scored from that same situation earlier in 1 play. That one was on Garrett.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/12/2011, 12:32 PM
I dont believe he's the answer. But he looks like Joe Montana in the eyes of those who have suffered through:
Quincy Carter, Anthony Wright, Clint Stoerner, Chad Hutchison, Ryan Leaf, Drew Henson and Drew Bledsoe.

The Cowboy have been in the dreaded Mediocre land for so long that they may never have another true franchise QB....they win enough every year to stay, at worst out of the top 5 draft picks which is where most true franchisers come from ( I know I know, Tom Brady..blah blah)

badger
9/12/2011, 12:41 PM
Best entertainment value in watching the Cowboys play: Watching Demarco Murray.

Only other entertainment value in watching the Cowboys play: Watch the nervous trust fund babies around Jerry Jones worried that if they utter a peep during another bad Cowboys loss that they will be disinherited. Seriously, I bet you could hear a pin drop in that room during those dark, evil moments when Jerry looks down on his team losing, massively disappointed, angry and ready to fire everyone all at once.

It is probably a really bad time to be a JJ associate right around now when the Cowboys are losing. At least Jerryworld is making tons of revenue from what reports say.

OULenexaman
9/12/2011, 12:52 PM
the dude panics...the 1st down panic pass for the int....so Cutler esque.

En_Fuego
9/12/2011, 01:01 PM
I can't figure out why Romo smiles when he stinks something up. The interception pass looked like 6th grade football.

TUSooner
9/12/2011, 01:01 PM
You could almost forgive him for the fumble; he was trying to make a play. (I say "almost" because he should have slid and taken the FG.) But that last INT was toxic brain flatulence. I suppose somebody might argue that the receiver screwed it up as well, but it was vintage Romo. Maybe they need to trade for a "closer" like Mariano Rivera.

On the bright side: I can't stand the Cowchips or JJ, so let 'em fall!

tfoolry
9/12/2011, 01:11 PM
Not sure why he was throwing to Dez in 2nd half as #88 was reduced to average after his quad tightened up. The last INT looked terrible as Dez made no attempt to break to the ball.

oudavid1
9/12/2011, 01:42 PM
Dallas Cowboys = Notre Dame Fighting Irish

yermom
9/12/2011, 03:46 PM
Watch the nervous trust fund babies around Jerry Jones worried that if they utter a peep during another bad Cowboys loss that they will be disinherited. Seriously, I bet you could hear a pin drop in that room during those dark, evil moments when Jerry looks down on his team losing, massively disappointed, angry and ready to fire everyone all at once.

i'm seeing one of those Downfall clips as i read this

C&CDean
9/12/2011, 04:05 PM
Kinda warms the cockles of the ol' heart, don't it?

ouleaf
9/12/2011, 04:32 PM
Cowboys were the better team last night, no doubt in my mind. That is really saying something considering a lot are predicting the Jets to win their division and compete for the AFC spot in the superbowl this year. Also saying something considering how awful the Cowboys were last year. Poor decisions by Romo and a botched special teams play in the last 9 minutes cost the cowboys the game.

The Rob Ryan defense played well against the run and the MVP of the night easily had to be Sean Lee. Dude was all over the field. Hard to be really successful when you're secondary is depleted by injuries all night.

I do think there are a lot of things to be optimistic about this year. I'm not saying the Cowboys are a lock this year for the playoffs, but this is definitely a game that could come back to haunt them come January if they are in the hunt for a wild-card spot, because last night was a game they really should have won. Thought the o-line looked good and Tyron Smith will be a beast in this league for a long, long time.

As far as the Romo debate goes, he is not an elite QB. He can put up top-flight numbers and is great for your fantasy team, but I'm just not sure he is going to take than next step up like Brees or Rodgers did. The problem is, there are not a lot of better options at the moment for the Cowboys, so we are kind of stuck with him in the meantime until a viable trade option presents itself, or they can draft one. The Cowboys have busted on so many of their draft picks lately though, that they are having to re-draft at positions they thought would have been covered by now from previous drafts.

BigTip
9/12/2011, 04:40 PM
Dallas Cowboys = Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Can we please stop calling them the "Dallas" Cowboys and call them what they are.... "Jerry Jones'" Cowboys?
They haven't been the Dallas Cowboys since Jones fired Landry.
Sorry. I'm still bitter after these 20+ years.

bigfatjerk
9/12/2011, 04:59 PM
Tony Romo is basically Roger Staubach without the talent around him. Nobody remembers this now because it's 30 something years later but Staubach made a ton of mistakes that lost games and threw about as many INTs as TDs. But he had more overall talent around him than Romo has. Dallas has had a lot worse than Romo, and if they get rid of him they better get someone real good. The QBs they had between Aikman and Romo were all terrible QBs. Everyone remembers Staubach as an elite QB, but it's not really because of those games he lost it's because he won a couple SBs, and led the Cowboys to a couple SBs. But the Cowboys had probably the best players in the league outside of the Steelers.

Always_Sooner
9/12/2011, 05:15 PM
Pure insanity to expect different results. He will never be a great quarterback; because he tries to do too much, and does not manage the game. The smart quarterbacks have the instinct to cover the ball around the goal line. Anytime, he feels the pressure Tony throws costly interceptions instead of throwing the ball away.

bluedogok
9/12/2011, 08:41 PM
Can we please stop calling them the "Dallas" Cowboys and call them what they are.... "Jerry Jones'" Cowboys?
Landry was past his prime and needed to go...and technically they haven't been the "Dallas" Cowboys since they left the Cotton Bowl and moved to Irving in 1971. I am not sure when they moved their team facilities from the Greenville Lane location but that was probably their last direct connection to the city of Dallas. Of course the City of Dallas blew it when they tried to stall Jones in building a new Cotton Bowl Stadium.

Tony Romo is basically Roger Staubach without the talent around him.
I see Romo more of a Danny White rather than a Staubach. A good QB, better than most (and definitely better than than anyone since Aikman) but just doesn't have the "it factor" that a premiere QB in the NFL needs.

nighttrain12
9/12/2011, 08:45 PM

Were you bitter when Dallas won those 3 Super Bowls with Jones as owner? Landry deserved to be fired, he was way past his prime.

colleyvillesooner
9/19/2011, 05:14 PM
He may make dumb mistakes, but i think we can put to bed the "bad leader" and "doesn't have the right attitude to be a QB in this league" monikers after yesterday. Came back in with a fractured rib and, per sources today) a punctured lung. That is impressive.

soonerfromgeorgia
9/19/2011, 06:06 PM
so the answer is to kick his arse in the ribs prior to every playoff game while he is napping?????

SoonerDood
9/19/2011, 06:09 PM
When did this become a Dallas Cowboys forum? And honestly, who gives a rat's behind about the National Football League (copyright ESPN)?

sooner59
9/19/2011, 06:10 PM
He may make dumb mistakes, but i think we can put to bed the "bad leader" and "doesn't have the right attitude to be a QB in this league" monikers after yesterday. Came back in with a fractured rib and, per sources today) a punctured lung. That is impressive.

That's it? What a pu$$y.

ashley
9/19/2011, 08:20 PM
He has the best 4th quarter rating in the NFL over the last five yrs.