soonerfromgeorgia
9/11/2011, 08:38 PM
is in the box with the Joneses tonight.

NorthernIowaSooner
9/11/2011, 08:47 PM
Neat

GDC
9/11/2011, 09:00 PM
I can't stand that jock sniffing toolbag doosh-hole, his restaurants or his music. It's a shame he's become associated with OU.

starclassic tama
9/11/2011, 09:20 PM
so GDC, what are your thoughts on toby keith?

nighttrain12
9/11/2011, 09:30 PM
I can't stand that jock sniffing toolbag doosh-hole, his restaurants or his music. It's a shame he's become associated with OU.

Be careful what you say about Toby, cuz he'll put a boot in your A$$, it's the American way!

GameWarden
9/11/2011, 09:54 PM
so GDC, what are your thoughts on toby keith?

Don't hold back.

hawaii 5-0
9/11/2011, 10:09 PM
I think he's a pretty good ambassador for things OU related. I'll take Toby over McConnaghey any day.

5-0

FaninAma
9/11/2011, 10:15 PM

What a silly post.

DYNOMITE
9/11/2011, 11:28 PM
I think he's a pretty good ambassador for things OU related. I'll take Toby over McConnaghey any day.

5-0

Well I agree with GDC, but a sack of potatoes is a better ambassador then McConnaghey.

WA. Sooner
9/12/2011, 05:30 AM
Don't ya just hate it when people sugar coat their thoughts

Soonerus
9/12/2011, 07:35 AM
Toby is great for Oklahoma and OU...stays true to his roots....good man !!!

SoonerPride
9/12/2011, 07:53 AM
I preferred seeing James Garner on the sidelines. Toby Keith = meh.

Breadburner
9/12/2011, 08:03 AM
Where he belongs with that nip and tucked doosh Jerry Jones......

picasso
9/12/2011, 08:11 AM
I don't buy his music but it's not that bad for his genre. I remember seeing him on the sidelines at k-state in 2004. Their cheerleaders were getting pics taken with him.

Seamus
9/12/2011, 09:27 AM
What a silly post.

Not really.

Seems pretty valid to me.

vtsooner21
9/12/2011, 09:32 AM
Toby does many good things for the Sooners and even more importantly, our Service People. I'll take his spirit any day...Better than most other "entertainers" out there.

Boomer

stoopified
9/12/2011, 10:06 AM
Toby does many good things for the Sooners and even more importantly, our Service People. I'll take his spirit any day...Better than most other "entertainers" out there.

BoomerI second that.To Toby his country ,state,and Sooners are important and he DOES put his time,money, and effort into all of the aforementioned.

C&CDean
9/12/2011, 04:11 PM
People that hate on Toby Keith are people who are embarrassed by their Oklahoma heritage. Or just country music haters. Or both.

Like Picasso said, I ain't buying any of his records, but in his genre, he's very good, and he's a patriotic American and a proud Okie. I did see him in concert once at the Ford Center. They were damn good. No, I didn't buy a ticket, I was invited into a suite. Right next door was Bob and Mike Stoops and their wives, and several other OU coaches. If he's good enough for Bob, he's good enough for me.

tfoolry
9/12/2011, 04:16 PM
It's appropriate that an OU ambassador like TK would also be a fan of "America's Team." Whether you like him or not, the man definitely has class.

The Maestro
9/12/2011, 04:19 PM
God forbid Toby grow up in Oklahoma loving the Sooners. Then forgive him for becoming quite famous and talented in country music, whether you like country music or not. And if you ever saw his tribute video to Waymon Tisdale you might rethink what you say. Many in the Sooner family love the guy, cause he loves OU sports. Hell, I don't watch pro rasslin' but think it is cool when you see Jim Ross down there on the field in his ten gallon cowboy hat. Kings of Leon express their fandom as well. Let them like OU even if they aren't all your cups of tea.

badger
9/12/2011, 05:37 PM
One of his bars was in our hotel in Vegas. There was OU stuff on the wall and some of the servers wore OU jerseys on Saturday.

That was cool.

bikerdood
9/12/2011, 07:28 PM
What a silly post.

Toby is an Oklahoma boy who made good. He is a great ambassador for the university of Oklahoma..... Jealousy is an ugly shade of green...

BD

soonervegas
9/12/2011, 07:31 PM
Jim Ross > Toby Keith

Sooner in Tampa
9/12/2011, 07:48 PM
The hate for Toby Keith never ceases to amaze me...

SoonerPride
9/12/2011, 07:50 PM
The love for Toby Keith never ceases to amaze me...

FIFY

FaninAma
9/12/2011, 09:54 PM
FIFY

I don't love the guy but neither do I find it partucularly cool to rip a guy who obviously is a huge Sooner fan because you don't like his music or some other personal trait that has nothing to do with his support of the team.

CatfishSooner
9/12/2011, 10:25 PM
Toby is the man

SoonerinSouthlake
9/12/2011, 10:53 PM
The hate for Toby Keith never ceases to amaze me...
Have you ever been in a room with the guy? Not that I get to hang with the famous peops, but for some reason I've been in the same shindigs as him 3-4 times. He acts like he is pissed at everyone in the place. Now, I know that some people tend to give off unwelcoming body language and end up being nice folk...but I see "jackass" all over him

And what kid growing up in Oklahoma (other than stoolwater fans) doesnt want to attach themselves to one of the most successful programs in sports right now. Do you think Toby would be on the sidelines if John Blake were still the coach here?

On the other hand I do like his music.

SOFSooner
9/13/2011, 05:59 AM
I remember Toby Keith singing the National Anthem at the 2000 BCS National Championship game. I laughed that he was invited to sing without the organizers knowing he was a huge OU fan. There are only a few big time stars (music or othewise) that devote their time to travel overseas and entertain the troops who are deployed. As a soldier with a number of overseas deployments you don't know how much it is appreciated by the troops for this to happen. I liked it when James Garner would be on the sidelines during games, and I like it that another super supporter shows his support of the Sooners. Boomer Sooner!!!!

Sooner in Tampa
9/13/2011, 06:15 AM
Have you ever been in a room with the guy? Not that I get to hang with the famous peops, but for some reason I've been in the same shindigs as him 3-4 times. He acts like he is pissed at everyone in the place. Now, I know that some people tend to give off unwelcoming body language and end up being nice folk...but I see "jackass" all over him

And what kid growing up in Oklahoma (other than stoolwater fans) doesnt want to attach themselves to one of the most successful programs in sports right now. Do you think Toby would be on the sidelines if John Blake were still the coach here?

As a matter of fact, I have been in the "room" with Toby...it was a Hanger here at MacDill AFB. I walked up to him and said "Boomer Sooner"...we started talking. One of the NICEST dudes you can run into!! I thanked him for coming to show support for the troops and he was very humble and said no thanks were needed...it was him who should be thanking us.

Just my experience.

TheHumanAlphabet
9/13/2011, 07:20 AM

5-0

^^^This! his real name is McGonjahey.... ;)

Aries
9/13/2011, 07:21 AM
It's hard for me to hate another Sooner fan.

pphilfran
9/13/2011, 07:40 AM
He is such a sack of chit...

http://www.cmt.com/news/news-in-brief/1663406/toby-keith-concludes-uso-tour.jhtml

Toby Keith has concluded his ninth USO tour and returned to the U.S. He and his band traveled approximately 20,000 miles during the 12-day tour for U.S. service members stationed abroad. Keith signed nearly 6,000 photos provided by the USO in addition to his autographs on personal photos, guitars and other items. The tour stopped at 11 different installations in Kuwait, Bahrain and Iraq, as well as two ships at sea, the USS Enterprise aircraft carrier and the guided missile cruiser USS Leyte Gulf. He saw 18,000 service members. He was also among the troops when Osama bin Laden was killed. "It's a great day to be an American," he said on Monday (May 2). "I've been telling you for a decade that the U.S. military would hunt down and kill world enemy No. 1. While traveling abroad I am blown away by the positive coverage by the world media. There is a consensus in the world media I have never seen before. Thanks to our commander in chief for having cojones to finish this job, but the mission is far from over."

http://www.tobykeithfoundation.org/

Mission
The Toby Keith Foundation exists to encourage the health and happiness of pediatric cancer patients and to support the OK Kids Korral, a home for children undergoing treatment for cancer.

Since 2006, when The Toby Keith Foundation was founded, Toby’s goal was to create a retreat for families of children battling cancer. Getting the right care sometimes means cancer patients must travel away from home, often to a cancer treatment facility in another city, which places even more of an emotional and financial burden during what is already a challenging time. OK Kids Korral hopes to make life a little easier for children with cancer by providing a safe, convenient, and hopeful place for families to connect with each other and focus on the well-being of their child. OK Kids Korral will provide daytime and overnight lodging for pediatric patients and their families. The state of the art facilities at the OK Kids Korral will include a community indoor and outdoor dining area, a game room with games for all ages, a movie theater, a business center, a center for learning about cancer and the available treatments; an outdoor play area and garden as well as many other facilities designed to create a relaxing haven for the children and their families.

C&CDean
9/13/2011, 07:41 AM

This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this board, and that's saying a lot.

So you're saying Toby became a Sooner fan only when Stoops got here? He wasn't a fan until then?

I remember watching him get his leg broken in a celebrity/alumni football game back when either Gibbs, durnky or Blake was the coach. Oh I know, he wears a big cowboy hat and drives a Ford pickup and wears shirts with no sleeves. He's just gotta be a redneck jackass, right? Meh.

badger
9/13/2011, 07:44 AM
I've only been a Sooner fan since Stoops got here :O

(of course, I got accepted to OU in 2000 and started at OU in fall 2001)

pphilfran
9/13/2011, 07:46 AM
Yep...now he is a bandwagon fan sack of chit

May 13th, 1994

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1994-05-13/entertainment/9405110897_1_travis-tritt-roy-parnell-randy-travis

Singers cancel shows for virtually every imaginable reason, from motorcycle accidents to exhaustion, but here's one you probably haven't heard before.

Toby Keith, who had a hit with ''Should've Been a Cowboy,'' recently canceled a week of shows because he broke his ankle while playing in a University of Oklahoma alumni/varsity football scrimmage.

On the game's last play, Keith was occupying the defensive end position - which he manned for a couple of years with the Oklahoma City Drillers, a semipro farm team of the short-lived USFL - when two players were blocked into his right ankle. He was taken to a hospital to undergo surgery that inserted a pin into the affected bone.

You haven't heard this very much, either: He says that if he had to break his ankle again playing in a University of Oklahoma scrimmage, he would.

''It's been a fantasy for me to suit up with the Big Red and play with the great alumni,'' says the native Oklahoman and longtime Sooner fan, adding that the injury gave him a ''much-needed rest'' from his heavy roadshow work.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/13/2011, 08:28 AM
This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen on this board, and that's saying a lot.

So you're saying Toby became a Sooner fan only when Stoops got here? He wasn't a fan until then?

I remember watching him get his leg broken in a celebrity/alumni football game back when either Gibbs, durnky or Blake was the coach. Oh I know, he wears a big cowboy hat and drives a Ford pickup and wears shirts with no sleeves. He's just gotta be a redneck jackass, right? Meh.

didnt know he was involved that early on...I stand corrected

I dont really care what he wears or drives. In fact that goes with the music, which I stated I like.

But since you focused on one particular part of the "dumbest post ever", genius, you clearly missed that the majority of my point is focused on the fact that in the social gatherings Ive seen him in...he acts like an aloof, unfriendly jackass.

Thats my experience sir.

Lawton4Life
9/13/2011, 08:38 AM
Toby actually just filled in last second at the Orange Bowl. It was supposed to be Patti LaBelle, but she cancellled/no showed and Toby just happened to be there.

He's earned it in my book with all the trips to see the troops. It's one thing to sing all those USA songs, but another to walk the walk. I'm not a huge fan of that courtesy of the red white and blue song, but damn does it get a pop at those USO shows. If the troops like it and him and it makes them feel better for a few minutes while serving our country in some third world **** hole, then its all good by me.

sooner518
9/13/2011, 08:41 AM
i think his music is embarrassingly bad, but i have nothing personal against him. no idea he did all that charitable stuff for troops and suchforth.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/13/2011, 09:22 AM
Toby actually just filled in last second at the Orange Bowl. It was supposed to be Patti LaBelle, but she cancellled/no showed and Toby just happened to be there.

He's earned it in my book with all the trips to see the troops. It's one thing to sing all those USA songs, but another to walk the walk. I'm not a huge fan of that courtesy of the red white and blue song, but damn does it get a pop at those USO shows. If the troops like it and him and it makes them feel better for a few minutes while serving our country in some third world **** hole, then its all good by me.

I give him props for this too despite my aforementioned opinions.

Joe Kidd
9/13/2011, 09:57 AM
I don't buy his music but it's not that bad for his genre.

Townes Van Zandt wept.

C&CDean
9/13/2011, 12:29 PM
Townes Van Zandt wept.

Don't bring that filthy, born with a silver spoon in his mouth, drug-addled Texan into a Toby thread.

picasso
9/13/2011, 01:40 PM
Townes Van Zandt wept.
Next, I'll knock yerr damn head off.

Joe Kidd
9/13/2011, 03:12 PM
Don't bring that filthy, born with a silver spoon in his mouth, drug-addled Texan into a Toby thread.

Heh. OK. Jamey Johnson wept. For a contemporary comparison.

badger
9/13/2011, 03:21 PM
Here you go!

gW-iiIvWeOQ

More info here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=371&articleid=20110913_371_0_Notall337576)

starclassic tama
9/13/2011, 03:23 PM
wow, it's one thing for hinder to embarass the state, but now they have to attach themselves to OU football. great.