PDA

View Full Version : Lee Roy Selmon Grew Up in Texas

sooner59
9/11/2011, 03:05 PM
That is what the announcer just said at the Ram-Eagles game. Said they are mourning the loss of Selmon all over the state of Texas, because that is where he grew up. I didn't realize that Eufaula was in Texas. News to me. **** you Fox. Straight up just **** you.

Piware
9/11/2011, 03:08 PM
When did they move Eufala, OK to Texas?

kevpks
9/11/2011, 03:09 PM
That was Thom Brennaman. You'll have to forgive him. He was still daydreaming about Tebow.

sooneredaco
9/11/2011, 03:12 PM
I heard that and went ape sh!t yelling at that idiot announcer. He might have heard me

FaninAma
9/11/2011, 03:13 PM
Yeah, that was a pretty big mistake and it makes that particular talking head look like an idiot. One of the all time great NFL defensive players and this moron has no clue about his personal history.

Lott's Bandana
9/11/2011, 03:19 PM
Soured a nice tribute.

Why do idiots ALWAYS default to that state? Why do they never blow it by saying Kansas or Arkansas or something? Where does this moronic deference to them come from?

FOX needs to set this straight.

bluedogok
9/11/2011, 04:06 PM
Yeah, that was a pretty big mistake and it makes that particular talking head look like an idiot.
I thought that was already a given after his Tebow lovefest.....

Sometimes I wonder if the person in the truck gives them false information just to screw with them. I doubt that he even knew who Lee Roy Selmon was....

SoonerMom2
9/11/2011, 04:10 PM
I wrote Fox Sports and gave them a piece of my mind. He is one of the worst announcers on the air IMHO. He obviously didn't bother to read anything before opening his mouth. How can any announcer be that dumb?

BajaOklahoma
9/11/2011, 04:16 PM
Go to Foxsports.com and scroll down to the contact link. Email them - I did earlier.

King Crimson
9/11/2011, 04:26 PM
ironheads.

zeke
9/11/2011, 04:41 PM
I think I will start turning the volume off when I watch sports. For the most part these guys spew nothing worth listening to.

NorthernIowaSooner
9/11/2011, 09:02 PM
Go to Foxsports.com and scroll down to the contact link. Email them - I did earlier.

I emailed Doug Gottlieb once because he said on air that students go to Northern Iowa because they couldn't get into Iowa. I told him that wasn't true, the admissions are very similar if not the exact same. He told me I had little brother syndrome, which made me laugh since he went to OSU. I told him he was being childish and sent him links to the admissions to both schools. He still stood by his guns, not letting facts weigh him down.

I gave up because he would respond in a combative nature every time and wouldn't admit he was wrong. I so wanted to take the low road and mention getting kicked out of Notre Dame but I didn't.

Brenneman may be classier then that, Gottlieb is a straight up ****** but that was my experience trying to get an announcer to admit his wrong.

theresonly1OU
9/11/2011, 09:24 PM
I emailed Doug Gottlieb once because he said on air that students go to Northern Iowa because they couldn't get into Iowa. I told him that wasn't true, the admissions are very similar if not the exact same. He told me I had little brother syndrome, which made me laugh since he went to OSU. I told him he was being childish and sent him links to the admissions to both schools. He still stood by his guns, not letting facts weigh him down.

I gave up because he would respond in a combative nature every time and wouldn't admit he was wrong. I so wanted to take the low road and mention getting kicked out of Notre Dame but I didn't.

Brenneman may be classier then that, Gottlieb is a straight up ****** but that was my experience trying to get an announcer to admit his wrong.

Did he ask for your credit card number?

If not, you should have asked him what he spent with the cards he stole from his roomate at Notre Dame. Knowing him though, he would probably just cry gigantic tears onto his even more gigantic nose.

**** Gotlieb.

marfacowboy
9/11/2011, 09:38 PM
Talk about epic fail.

MyT Oklahoma
9/11/2011, 09:50 PM
I think I will start turning the volume off when I watch sports. For the most part these guys spew nothing worth listening to.

^^ We have a winner. The best way to watch an OU game is on the TV with the volume off and turn on the Sooner Football Network on the radio.

King Crimson
9/11/2011, 09:55 PM
Eufala isn't even close to Texas.

Oklahoma.

King Crimson
9/11/2011, 09:57 PM
in that OU Legends video Dewey tells a story about him and Lee Roy coming to OU to play running back. they saw Joe Washington in practice and Dewey says....""we knew we weren't playing running back".

hawaii 5-0
9/11/2011, 10:07 PM
In high school I scrimmaged against a basketball team from Eufaula. Leeroy was there.

5-0

Sooner_Tuf
9/12/2011, 12:39 AM
Yeah, that was a pretty big mistake and it makes that particular talking head look like an idiot. One of the all time great NFL defensive players and this moron has no clue about his personal history.

Lots of people like that these days. Just shoot their mouths off with no accountability. You could waste your time pointing it out to the needle dick and I doubt you would even get a response.

SoonerPride
9/12/2011, 06:46 AM
I heard that and had to rewind the DVR to make sure I heard it right.

What a dumbarse.

stoopified
9/12/2011, 09:53 AM
What baffles me is that no staff member ccaught his mistake and alerted him,allowing for an on-air correction to be made.

sooneron
9/12/2011, 10:33 AM
I pretty much expect crappy "research" when viewing something on Fox or espn.