PDA

View Full Version : OU is #1 for the 100th time. 1st team to ever do it.

OUHOMER
9/11/2011, 12:50 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-collegefbpoll

MHSooner
9/11/2011, 12:58 PM
As long as we are #1 on January 10th, 2012. That will be the one that matters.

:fat:

Memtig14
9/11/2011, 01:00 PM
Another selling point.

Only problem is ........ I can't remember them all.

OU.....Tradition U.

Flagstaffsooner
9/11/2011, 01:01 PM
75 years of superiority!

Keller Sooner
9/11/2011, 01:05 PM
There's only one Oklahoma!!!!!!!!!

sooneredaco
9/11/2011, 01:06 PM
Boomer Sooner! Another record!

BigTip
9/11/2011, 02:05 PM
Not surprising at all from the number one DOCUMENTED football program..... evah!!!

cleller
9/11/2011, 02:06 PM
Were it not for all the 9-11 anniversary stuff going on, this should be this biggest news story in America. Let Bama and Texas match this.

MyT Oklahoma
9/11/2011, 02:11 PM
Congratulations Sooners past and present. Way to go.

Jack T.
9/11/2011, 04:26 PM
The great thing about being Oklahoma. . .is that we're great.

King Crimson
9/11/2011, 04:29 PM
here's to next week being 101.

[beer glass tilt...]

yukonsooner
9/11/2011, 06:58 PM
Ok Sooners, remember how bad it felt to be #1 last year and lose to mizzou? #1 for one week and lost. Let's not have that same feeling this time next week. Just think how it would feel to have reached this place in history for one week and not make it to 101. We all know you can do it, we all know that you are more than capable of being in this #1 spot on Jan 10, 2012. We will be there in the stands or in front of our TV's for you next week and for the rest of the season. Let's keep the streak going! BOOMER SOONER

SOFSooner
9/12/2011, 12:53 AM
It's great that OU has held the #1 spot in the AP rankings more than any other team. Now lets just hold it for the rest of the year and take home another crystal football as National Champs for this year. Was talking to an Alabama fan here in Djibouti, he was beating his chest telling me that they had 13 national championships and that OU only had 7. I told him that if OU went by the same criteria as Alabama does we have 17 national championships. He ran out the door to google this fact and I have not seen him since. Let's get #8 (or 18 if you go by NCAA) in 2012! BOOMER SOONER!

cleller
9/12/2011, 06:38 AM
Now this is stupid: Here is the current version of the story from Yahoo. It has pictures of Nick Saban and some Alabama players with the story. Normally Yahoo Sports gets things right.

http://news.yahoo.com/oklahoma-no-1-ap-poll-100th-time-164804414.html

marfacowboy
9/12/2011, 07:07 AM
Facts are facts and the facts are that OU has more facts and superlatives to back up its claim as the best program in all of college football.

SoonerTerry
9/12/2011, 07:34 AM
Boomer Sooner!

cleller
9/12/2011, 08:14 AM
Facts are facts and the facts are that OU has more facts and superlatives to back up its claim as the best program in all of college football.

That's a fact.

tfoolry
9/12/2011, 09:07 AM
Comment from Null fan at end of that story.

Posted by: Returning to Glory 16 minutes ago

The more I think about this game, the more I see it being a blowout for FSU. There are just too many variables in FSU's favor. I don't think Oklahoma realizes what it's getting itself into, in Tallahassee. Doak Campbell can get downright deafening. Landry Jones has no idea how hard it will be to be successful in that stadium. The entire offense is going to be confused, and FSU's defense will be pounding the living daylights out of that offense. OU doesn't understand what kind of muscles it's about to be dealing with. FSU is lightning-fast and huge. With how charged up FSU is to get revenge, if they get one clear lane on Landry, he'll be carried off in a stretcher. This isn't a friendly rivalry, buddy game like Texas-OU. FSU is ruthless. This isn't Nadal versus Federer. Again, all I can say is that OU is going to be shocked when they see what kind of heat FSU brings.

CrimsonCommando
9/12/2011, 09:13 AM

The more I think about this game, the more I see it being a blowout for FSU. There are just too many variables in FSU's favor. I don't think Oklahoma realizes what it's getting itself into, in Tallahassee. Doak Campbell can get downright deafening. Landry Jones has no idea how hard it will be to be successful in that stadium. The entire offense is going to be confused, and FSU's defense will be pounding the living daylights out of that offense. OU doesn't understand what kind of muscles it's about to be dealing with. FSU is lightning-fast and huge. With how charged up FSU is to get revenge, if they get one clear lane on Landry, he'll be carried off in a stretcher. This isn't a friendly rivalry, buddy game like Texas-OU. FSU is ruthless. This isn't Nadal versus Federer. Again, all I can say is that OU is going to be shocked when they see what kind of heat FSU brings.

Yeah..that guy making a tennis reference just allows me to disregard his entire rant as ball-sweat. Does he even know we furkin' lift weights and stuff?

OUDoc
9/12/2011, 09:15 AM

Maybe we shouldn't even show up.

Nahhh.....

(Did he really put a tennis reference into a football quote? NTTAWWT)

jumperstop
9/12/2011, 09:17 AM

Some guy was stabbed about a month ago because of this "friendly rivalry"......dumb nole fans. Not saying it won't be tough but I doubt he's running his mouth like that after next saturday. And plus, since when is OU-fsu a rivalry? We kicked the **** out of them the last how many times we played them? Do they consider that a rivalry now?

OUDoc
9/12/2011, 09:18 AM
Some guy was stabbed about a month ago because of this "friendly rivalry"......dumb nole fans. Not saying it won't be tough but I doubt he's running his mouth like that after next saturday. And plus, since when is OU-fsu a rivalry? We kicked the **** out of them the last how many times we played them? Do they consider that a rivalry now?

We should rip his sack off. ;)

3rdgensooner
9/12/2011, 09:40 AM

The more I think about this game, the more I see it being a blowout for FSU. There are just too many variables in FSU's favor. I don't think Oklahoma realizes what it's getting itself into, in Tallahassee. Doak Campbell can get downright deafening. Landry Jones has no idea how hard it will be to be successful in that stadium. The entire offense is going to be confused, and FSU's defense will be pounding the living daylights out of that offense. OU doesn't understand what kind of muscles it's about to be dealing with. FSU is lightning-fast and huge. With how charged up FSU is to get revenge, if they get one clear lane on Landry, he'll be carried off in a stretcher. This isn't a friendly rivalry, buddy game like Texas-OU. FSU is ruthless. This isn't Nadal versus Federer. Again, all I can say is that OU is going to be shocked when they see what kind of heat FSU brings.Well, he's just adorable.

jumperstop
9/12/2011, 10:06 AM
Gah, anyone who wants OU to join the SEC go look at those comments and tell me you still want to join that arogant, retarded conference. Seriously, if there was a word count function I bet that SEC would be the most prevalent word on the comment section. I've never thought of the Big 12 as they think of the SEC. I like to see our conference do well but to brag about it as they are is almost sickening.

Soonerfan88
9/12/2011, 10:06 AM
Hmmm....maybe he is a former Cane fan that jumped bandwagons.