PDA

View Full Version : The mute botton is my friend, but

Dan Thompson
9/11/2011, 10:04 AM
I almost never listen to those 'experts', but

I would like to get the audio from one of the OKC stations. Any ideas? TIA

soonerstan56
9/11/2011, 09:19 PM
KRXO is the local carrier of the games.You may be able to listen to their feed.
There are two sports talk stations WWLS(OKC) and KREF(Norman).
Also check soonersports.com for more information.

Stan

ouwasp
9/11/2011, 10:06 PM
Well, here's what I wish: With all the techno crap that's available today, I just wish there was a way to mute only the booth blowhards. Just hear the crowd, band, the official... and that's it. I don't need to hear those fellows to tell me what's happening, much less listen to them hype the media darling of the week, act like close personal friends with the coach, laugh at each other's lame jokes, etc.

Just gimme the game.

bluedogok
9/11/2011, 10:25 PM
That was tried once with an NFL game, a Dolphins game in the early 80's with no announcers and nothing but the sounds of the stadium. I think it was the only time that was tried in a broadcast and was deemed unsuccessful.

reddfoxx
9/11/2011, 10:40 PM
Nothing's worse than the ex-softball "ladies" calling play-by-play on every ESPN channel on the early Saturday games. None of them have a clue.

They would make good baritones in the choir though.

ouwasp
9/11/2011, 11:01 PM
That was tried once with an NFL game, a Dolphins game in the early 80's with no announcers and nothing but the sounds of the stadium. I think it was the only time that was tried in a broadcast and was deemed unsuccessful.

Oh yeah, I know about that. Don't care much for the NFL anymore for that matter... though it remains great Sunday afternoon nap fodder. But I would "deem" a device that would allow me to bypass the boothtalk successful. Until someone comes up with such, the mute button is my friend.

Breadburner
9/11/2011, 11:06 PM
Watching Dallas lose is always entertaining......!!!