PDA

View Full Version : mississippi state got nut and bolted!

oumartin
9/10/2011, 03:13 PM
Scored when the tailback dove into the inside down the sideline. No review or nothing. Marked him out at the 2

Then got stuffed at the goal line as time expired.

oklaclarinet
9/10/2011, 03:14 PM
And the refs tried to screw them on the clock by not giving them a time out fast enough.

Soonerfan88
9/10/2011, 03:16 PM
The Big 12 has it's own crappy refs and the ones in the SEC are even worse. Just one more reason I would rather go west. At least their new commissioner fired those crappy refs and brought in a whole new crew.

allanace16
9/10/2011, 03:17 PM
You didn't even mention that 4th down Auburn went for and was short on that the refs gave 'em. MSU got screwed. I feel bad for those guys.

Penguin
9/10/2011, 03:35 PM
The MSU player landed a foot out of bounds and completely missed the pylon. No way was it a touchdown. It was a good spot.

oumartin
9/10/2011, 04:28 PM
the goal line extends out, he landed outta bounds yes but 2 yards inside the endzone.

cccasooner2
9/10/2011, 04:38 PM
the goal line extends out, he landed outta bounds yes but 2 yards inside the endzone.

So if you can jump from the 50 yd line into the bleachers across a line extending from the goal line it's a TD?

sooneredaco
9/10/2011, 05:34 PM
So if you can jump from the 50 yd line into the bleachers across a line extending from the goal line it's a TD?

If you can do that, you can do whatever the hell you want

MountainOkie
9/10/2011, 05:39 PM
You didn't even mention that 4th down Auburn went for and was short on that the refs gave 'em. MSU got screwed. I feel bad for those guys.

^^^^This.

From what I saw he was short, but the ref didn't even take a good look.

cccasooner2
9/10/2011, 06:18 PM
If you can do that, you can do whatever the hell you want

A more realistic example: Last season against *, Murray scored a TD after a tight rope down the sidelines and a body flip into the endzone with the ball in his right hand extended so that the ball crossed the goal line inbounds or over the marker. Would it have been a touchdown if he did the same body flip out of bounds (assuming his feet at take off were inbounds) with his left hand extended so that the ball passed over an imaginary goal line extension?

FtwTxSooner
9/10/2011, 10:56 PM
if forced out by contact with a defender at the 50, sending you out of the stadium, but past the goal line extended before hitting the ground, its a TD. Without contact, you gotta get the ball inside the pylon.

Ground_Attack
9/10/2011, 11:07 PM
I thought you always had to get the ball inside of the pylon...could be wrong though.

badger
9/10/2011, 11:10 PM
They have to play LSU on Thursday night, uggggh, I don't think they have enough time to recover from this letdown/meltdown. I was going to post a vBookie event, but I doubt the line now will be what it was before the Muddogs blew this.

Penguin
9/11/2011, 12:59 PM
You have to get it inside the pylon. If you didn't, offensive coordinators everywhere would be designing plays for runners to go to the edge and at the 2 yard line, jump out of bounds.

JamieStitz
9/11/2011, 03:12 PM
When I saw this thread I thought I would sign up to be able to comment on it.

The spot was bad, but even if correct he was short.

Two photos from different people:

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd394/hugh4music/photo.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/bmarcello/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitpic.com%2F6iyqe4

This last link is the bigger image and you can see more. Just a few notes worth taking on this

1- I do not understand why the ref is literally tilting the ball forward. Why?

2- There is day light between the ball (rolled forward) and the measurement pole.

3- note is one that I have never seen before. EVER. After that view, the refs actually huddle around the measurement, making it no longer visible to anybody BUT the refs. Has any one ever seen that happen before?

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd394/hugh4music/photo-1.jpg How many does it take?

MSU was MSU... The "calls" will always go to the top schools. Bama, AU, LSU, UF. Always. You could talk to Hog fans and they will tell you the same.

silverwheels
9/11/2011, 06:22 PM
Thread title made it sound like Mississippi State had sex and then left quickly.

cccasooner2
9/11/2011, 06:43 PM
Thread title made it sound like Mississippi State had sex and then left quickly.

You would think of that. :)

kbsooner21
9/12/2011, 09:57 AM
He was out. No review cause he was clearly out. They added seconds to the clock after they realized Miss St had been trying to call time out. Why don't they try throwing the ball with no timeouts left?

jumperstop
9/12/2011, 10:25 AM
Clearly not a touchdown....

_HoRoaU0llo

The fourth down is obviously not a first down and those refs should be investigated. You can see light through there....

jumperstop
9/12/2011, 10:30 AM
Here is a page I found on the rules. From what I can tell, this would have used to been a touchdown but the rules have changed either this year or last after the NFL changed it.

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Football-Instruction-2069/2010/10/touchdown-2.htm

OTHERWISE, if the runner is airborne, (i.e." leaps or dives")he must hit the inside of the pylon. That implies that the ball crossed the goal line in bounds before it went out of bounds in possession of a RUNNER. If the runner is airborne, then hitting the pylon is out of bounds and the ball is placed according to (2-40-4c) the inbounds spot. Which is probably a few inches before the pylon. The forward point of the ball striking the pylon means that the ball had to be OB to hit the pylon. Where the ball went out is up to the covering official. It is where it crosses/intersects the sideline. From the 2003 National Federation Case Book (Situation 1.2.4 pp. 5-6)
PLAY: Ball carrier A10 dives into the pylon at the intersection of the goal line and sideline. RULING: Touchdown. Assuming the pylon was placed properly, the ball broke the plane of the goal line prior to touching the pylon.

101sooner
9/12/2011, 10:35 AM
The fourth down is obviously not a first down and those refs should be investigated. You can see light through there....

The photo was taken before they made the marker vertical. In that photo, the marker is tilted away from the ball. Tilt it towards the ball and straight up vertical and it looks like the marker would touch the football.

jumperstop
9/12/2011, 10:48 AM
The photo was taken before they made the marker vertical. In that photo, the marker is tilted away from the ball. Tilt it towards the ball and straight up vertical and it looks like the marker would touch the football.

Yeah after looking again the marker wasn't perfectly straight, so that could be the reason it appeared that way. They are also leaning the ball toward it in the photo though, but I guess that wouldn't make it any closer, just futher away if anything.