PDA

View Full Version : College Game Day pimping the whorns

UTgradOUfan
9/10/2011, 10:01 AM
If you watched the first 30 minutes of Gama Day this morning you witnessed the other nauseating consequence of the their LHN. Not that I ever expect much in the way of objectivity from ESPN this is a new low. Given the amount of air-time devoted to the BYU v. whorn game this evening you would assume this was a game between highly ranked teams that actually mattered in the world of college football. This game between #25 BYU and an unranked whorn team got second billing behind the Michigan v.ND game. Really?
I get it that ESPN needs to justify the $ they shelled out to the whorns and play CYA in the problems the whole mess has caused our conference and college football as a whole. I get it. I am just a fan and the CGD guys are utter tools.
Too bad they can't just entertain us and get us fired up for a day of college football. But no. They had to pimp their investment/whorns. The sad way they justified highlighting the BYU v. whorn game was essentially "we know the whorns suck but, golly-geez, they are texas".
I know, it is my own fault for watching and expecting anything alse.
At least I managed to supressed my gag reflex, didn't vomit and turned it off.

Sooner98
9/10/2011, 10:18 AM
TXPN needs to promote their commodity.

prrriiide
9/10/2011, 11:08 AM
It doesn't matter how much they spread their legs for whorn, the rest of the country has already seen the arrogance and pompousness with which whorn treats their conference mates. The people I see every day here in the heart of SEC country have been asking me left and right how we have managed to tolerate them for over 100 years.

To a person they have told me there would be a revolt if the SEC ever tried to bring them in.

MichiganSooner
9/10/2011, 12:37 PM
They were not in our conference for most of those 100 years.

Ground_Attack
9/10/2011, 12:49 PM
They were not in our conference for most of those 100 years.

but we still had to tolerate them!

bluedogok
9/10/2011, 01:48 PM
It's easy if you want to avoid that crap, don't watch College Gameday. It's been worthless for quite a few years.

UTgradOUfan
9/10/2011, 04:51 PM
I know I shouldn't but I always turn it on anyway. If there was anything else on game day Saturday mornings that prepped us for the day's games I'd watch that. I can tolerate their format which I find really fun for certain games. When they capture the atmosphere of a big-time matchup it's good TV.
ESPN's monopoly and Imperial attitude, however hurts and detracts from college football. Now that they have formalized their butt-buddy love affair with the whorns I guess I'll need a supply of air-sickness bags if I continue to watch.
If only one of the other big cable networks(Fox are you listening?) would step up and give them some competition(fair and balanced would be refreshing!).