PDA

View Full Version : So, College Gameday is now...

C&CDean
9/10/2011, 09:19 AM
the whorn lovefest? WTF?

Partial Qualifier
9/10/2011, 09:22 AM
Eww, really? What are they doing?

I stopped watching Gameday in 2008 to curb my urge to visit their set with the sole purpose of punchasizing Herbstriet.

kevpks
9/10/2011, 09:23 AM
They're just protecting their investment now that they are part owner.

Partial Qualifier
9/10/2011, 09:26 AM
In theory I'm okay with Texas having their own network, but the LHN being managed/owned by ESPN is an ugly can of worms.

TMcGee86
9/10/2011, 09:29 AM
What's hilarious is, texas players have been routinely seen as weak coming out of college and into the NFL. So who do they highlight? Not one of the many new coaches hired to change that mindset, no, they show one of the only coaches they have that has been there the whole time.

And what exactly does that drill teach? If a guy stands completely still, this will teach you how to tackle him into a big cushy mat. Makes total sense to me. :beguiled:

olevetonahill
9/10/2011, 09:30 AM
That and has anyone Noticed how they are talking about the number of Championships teams have ?

3rdgensooner
9/10/2011, 09:33 AM
Gameday horn lovefesting is not a new phenomenon.

C&CDean
9/10/2011, 09:35 AM
I guess I'm usually too busy setting up the tailgates to pay any attention to the show. I turn it on this morning, and all I see is whorn this, whorn that. Meh, I'm gonna switch the channel.

sooner518
9/10/2011, 09:35 AM
That and has anyone Noticed how they are talking about the number of Championships teams have ?
That must have been a short segment

olevetonahill
9/10/2011, 09:41 AM
That must have been a short segment

ESPN is what I meant. Last night they kept saying that ND had 12 and Alabama 11 er some **** like that. Some other team had like 10 .

SoonerMom2
9/10/2011, 10:04 AM
I refuse to watch GameDay -- didn't watch it all last year either. I am hearing it really favors the Longhorns. Would someone please tell me again why we would want to stay in the Big 12 with equal revnue sharing but not the Longhorn Network sharing? Why would OU give up millions to keep the Big 12 in tact? I say we won't and Dodds and Pickens should shove it with their idea. We can go to the PAC with equal revenue sharing which is a ton more than we get now plus a regional network that doesn't come out of pocket. Then Game Day can praise the New Big 12 made up of TX schools without A&M. Since Pickens wants to stay in the Big 12 -- let them!

soonersponge
9/10/2011, 10:08 AM
I don't think they highlight horn more than sooner. Just my take.

Sooner98
9/10/2011, 10:15 AM
Ever since the '08 three-way tie debate where the talking heads at TXPN were like 98% in favor of Texas winning the tiebreaker, I've given up all hope that TXPN could ever show any objectivity when it comes to the Longhorns. The LHN has simply solidified what I already knew.

budbarrybob
9/10/2011, 10:15 AM

This makes perfect sense. They are ranked #1 and #2 right? Oh.. nm

PhiDeltBeers
9/10/2011, 10:18 AM
That chick with the umbrella's hot though. :smug:

SoonerLaw09
9/10/2011, 11:28 AM
Erin Andrews. 'Nuff said.

AlboSooner
9/10/2011, 11:31 AM
Erin Andrews. 'Nuff said.

I don't think there is enough said. Is this a EA sucks post, or the usual drool-fest post?

People argue both sides

meoveryouxinfinity
9/10/2011, 11:47 AM
What? Herbstreit is one of the best in the business. And he's darn sexy.

EDIT:
ESPN has been SOONERcentral of late, so no complaining here.

King Crimson
9/10/2011, 11:51 AM
herbstreit shouts the same thing over and over in his horrible intonation.

anyway, ESPN tried to market the hell out of Texas in the early 00's. problem was, we kept hanging 60 on them and Chris Simms could never have his bottom touched by Brent M. this is no surprise. they'll get full SEC fellatio treatment without a shred of deserving it by ESPN at every chance. at least the SEC can make some claim not based in one NC in 40 years.

picasso
9/10/2011, 01:48 PM
What exactly is the angle they're taking on the current Texas team? The impressive win over Rice?

LosAngelesSooner
9/10/2011, 02:18 PM
Get used to it if we stay in the Nouveau Southwest Conference/Bevo 9 Conference/Big Texas Conference

or whatever ESPN is going to go ahead and call Texas and the little 8 who couldn't.

soonervegas
9/10/2011, 02:25 PM
So one vastly overrated thing (CGD) talking about another vastly overrated thing (UT).......

meanwhile we will post #8 in the Big 12 this year....

I see no issues here.

Lott's Bandana
9/10/2011, 02:41 PM

Flip it.

How much Sooner would you see after 5-7?

Thought so.

UTgradOUfan
9/10/2011, 05:05 PM
The week before the season started guess where the Game Day crew broadcast their pre-season show? Norman?, Tuscalloosa?, or some other campus of a team contending for the NC?
Nope.
They were on the campus of the unranked, 5-7 whorns. The whores were there pimping the whorns.
This morning, in the first 30 minutes of Game Day the whorns got more airtime than anyone else in the nation except the teams in game they were broadcasting from.
Vomitous

SoonerinSouthlake
9/10/2011, 05:43 PM
Flip it.

How much Sooner would you see after 5-7?

Thought so.

I can see both sides of this argument. This is a very good point

The week before the season started guess where the Game Day crew broadcast their pre-season show? Norman?, Tuscalloosa?, or some other campus of a team contending for the NC?
Nope.
They were on the campus of the unranked, 5-7 whorns. The whores were there pimping the whorns.

this too is over the top stupid I think. There is NO QUESTION the location of game day before the season started was determined the very day the contract was signed for the LHN. And more importantly....DONT BE SURPRISED when going forward, the LHN is the reason the whorns to get more coverage on ESPN than Kim Kardashians butt on the Entertainment shows. Which is exactly why over the long haul the LHN gives whorns an unfair advantage in recruiting.

That said....I still love to turn gameday on Saturday morning. I think, while Corso is a doofus, its a great show and makes me think College Football Saturday....which is like Christmas every Saturday of the fall.

Vegas Sooner
9/10/2011, 07:36 PM
.....I like how "College Gameday" starts out in a mechanic's garage.

mainline13
9/11/2011, 02:41 PM
The really delectable thing - not counting the lady in Vegas Sooner's sig - is that even with LHN, and the resulting recruiting edge, they will continue to underachieve. The Whorns are suck. Truly and forever.