PDA

View Full Version : The Masters golf tournament

salth2o
9/9/2011, 09:05 PM
I signed up for The Masters ticket lottery last year and got this message today.

"The Masters Tournament is pleased to announce that our random selection process for 2012 Practice Rounds tickets has been completed and we would like to congratulate you on your selection to purchase tickets."

Even though it's the practice rounds..I will be at Augusta National in April and I am pretty stoked about it!

hawaii 5-0
9/9/2011, 11:00 PM
I've been there twice and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

For practice rounds you can bring in a camera. Click, click away.

5-0

dwarthog
9/10/2011, 06:35 PM
Congrats!

hawaii 5-0
9/12/2011, 12:10 AM
Silly me. I forgot.

My wife also won this year's 'Masters Practice Round Lottery'. Her 2nd time.

After purchase she's selling them to my bro-in-law. $50 each (4) Tuesday's round.

5-0

salth2o
9/12/2011, 12:16 AM
Nice. If your BIL backs out, then let me know. I will buy them.

hawaii 5-0
9/12/2011, 12:35 AM
We wandered much of the course for a coupla hours them parked ourselves behind the 15th green. You could see the approach shots and putts on 15 as well as all the green action at that very sloped 16th hole from that one spot.

Amen Corner is roped off pretty good. Viewing there wasn't as good as hoped.

Behind #9 green was good. Got to see Jack and Arnie walk up there with their arms on each other's shoulders.

I also recall seeing Gary Player tee off on #10 and almost coming out of his shoes he cranked it so hard.

What's amazing is the lack of rough. The fairways are like greens elsewhere.

The Logo Shop is just inside the entrance. Buy a coupla hats and have a marking pen ready in case you have a chance for an autograph. I'm really not into that but I own a Vijay Singh hat from one year he won. (a gift).

Any other questions, lemme know.

5-0

hawaii 5-0
9/12/2011, 12:39 AM
Nice. If your BIL backs out, then let me know. I will buy them.

He's been 10+ times. (Friends in high places). He jumped at the opportunity to go again. He's about a 5 HC. 66 y/o.

5-0

kbsooner21
9/12/2011, 11:05 AM
Awesome!

Phil
9/12/2011, 11:14 AM
It's golf. And practice. You're going to Georgia to watch people practice golf. Wow.

Turd_Ferguson
9/12/2011, 12:48 PM
Did Augusta G&CC ever decide to let dish wahers/sammich makers join?

BigTip
9/12/2011, 08:25 PM
Are tickets to the par three tournament a different thing? I would like to see that. Seems like the players are just having fun.

Have you ever seen Vijay's water hole in one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLzX62nXPTo

salth2o
9/12/2011, 08:38 PM
It's golf. And practice. You're going to Georgia to watch people practice golf. Wow.

When you put it like that...it doesn't sound like much fun. But....It's Augusta National, a course that I have dreamed of going to and would probably never otherwise be able to visit in person. It's The Masters. People travel all across the country to watch MLB spring training, NFL training camp, etc. This is a practice round before one of the top two tournaments in the world.

Don't pee in my cheerios. :D

Did Augusta G&CC ever decide to let dish wahers/sammich makers join?

I think so. I will take some pichures.

Are tickets to the par three tournament a different thing? I would like to see that. Seems like the players are just having fun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLzX62nXPTo

The par 3 is on Wednesday. The day before the first round begins. It definitely looks like a lot of fun.

hawaii 5-0
9/12/2011, 09:21 PM

I gotta believe you don't play golf.

5-0

soonercruiser
9/14/2011, 10:03 PM
I've been there twice and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

For practice rounds you can bring in a camera. Click, click away.

5-0

BINGO! (Par 3 tournament pics also)
Enjoy!