PDA

View Full Version : So, who does Baylor sue...

Tear Down This Wall
9/9/2011, 09:51 AM
...before they join the Sun Belt Conference and begin a winnable rivalries with North Texas in-state and Louisiana-Lafayette cross-border?

Texas, if it joins the Big Ten or Pac-12 or ACC or goes independent?
Oklahoma, if it joins the Pac-12 or SEC?
Oklahoma State, if it rides OU's coattails into the Pac-12?
Texas Tech, if it rides Texas and OU's coattails into the Pac-12?
Missouri, if it joins the Big Ten or Big East?
Kansas, if it joins the Big East?
Kansas State, if it joins the Big East?

I mean, wouldn't they all be breaking up the Big 12 on poor, hapless, pathetic Baylor?

saucysoonergal
9/9/2011, 09:57 AM
They apparently want to sue any other conference that wants to extend bids to Big XII members.

They apparently can not sue * if they go independent.

Widescreen
9/9/2011, 10:01 AM
The SEC and Baylor have turned the Big 12 into the Hotel California. You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

Tear Down This Wall
9/9/2011, 11:38 AM
They apparently want to sue any other conference that wants to extend bids to Big XII members.

They apparently can not sue * if they go independent.

Yeah, but Texas signed the contract, too. Isn't that what they're buttsore at A&M for - signing the contract and then going somewhere else?

I think Texas is pulling Baylor's strings. Pathetic. Pathetic 'til the bitter end. TCU is laughing at Baylor and their co-dependence.

Grow a pair, win, and get invited back into the bigs, like TCU did, Bears.

Did I say, pathetic? Yeah.

Soonerjeepman
9/9/2011, 12:16 PM
ya ought to see all the whining the ku folks are doing up here...I say get a better program and other conf will want ya...

Tear Down This Wall
9/9/2011, 12:34 PM
ya ought to see all the whining the ku folks are doing up here...I say get a better program and other conf will want ya...

Why is Kansas all dickbent? I thought their basketball was getting them into the Big East? Do they just like having their asses kicked in football?

Seems like they'd be happy to join a conference where they could maximize on their strength and also be competitive in football.

But, it could be that they are as stupid, helpless, and shortsighted as Baylor.

ouflak
9/9/2011, 12:52 PM
KU is a shoe-in for the Big East, and might have a small chance at the PAC. Why would they complain? They are in the thick of things.

Frozen Sooner
9/9/2011, 01:43 PM
They can't sue Texas or Texas A&M. Don't think they can sue OSU or OU either. Too lazy to look up whether Oklahoma waives SI for contracts.

delhalew
9/9/2011, 02:21 PM
They can't sue Texas or Texas A&M. Don't think they can sue OSU or OU either. Too lazy to look up whether Oklahoma waives SI for contracts.

Coach Leach has said Texas is one of very few states that still use SI.

prrriiide
9/9/2011, 02:23 PM
Here's the catch:

The piggy AD confirmed that the BigXII reached out to them about dumping the SEC to come to the BigXII. If Baylor had any knowledge of that contact beforehand, they could be a party to a tortious interference suit from the SEC.

The SEC could use that threat to get the waiver out of them and any other school that was holding up the Aggie exit.

spanielboy
9/9/2011, 02:52 PM
Unfortunately the reach out to Arkansas makes Beebe and his office look like hypocrites (too bad the rest of us in the conference can think of more striking words to describe Beebe). Since Arkansas did not jump to join the Flyover Conference, no lawsuit by the SEC to collect damages.

saucysoonergal
9/9/2011, 02:55 PM
* dedicates this song to Baylor:

kE0pwJ5PMDg

SoonerMom2
9/9/2011, 03:06 PM
Baylor has been living off the Big 12 for years and now they see their gravy train about to end all they can think of is a lawsuit. What are they going to see for next is someone intentionally runs up the score, is that going to be grounds. Who would want a sue happy university in their conference. This is not the Big 12 threatening a lawsuit but a small Baptist college who has lived off the rest of us including A&M but as their illustrious scumbag President who leaked bad info about what was hapening in regards to OU, said, they are a program on the rise! Hope they lose the next 11 games.

From all accounts this is all Baylor and their scumbag President and why UT signed the waiver so fast.

What kind of a conference would you have when an individual schools says they are going to sue?

saucysoonergal
9/9/2011, 03:19 PM
What kind of a conference would you have when an individual schools says they are going to sue?

A really crappy one that you need to leave as soon as possible!

oudivesherpa
9/9/2011, 03:36 PM
Delete prior post. I mentioned Ann Richards. I have nothing against Ann Richards and did not mean to create a political staement, except that she got Baylor in over their heads when they got in the Big XII.

Tear Down This Wall
9/9/2011, 04:20 PM
Delete prior post. I mentioned Ann Richards. I have nothing against Ann Richards and did not mean to create a political staement, except that she got Baylor in over their heads when they got in the Big XII.

Bob Bullock more than Ann Richards. But, yes, both of them. Both were worthless politically. They'd have turned Texas into New York South had Richards been given a second mistaken term.

Tear Down This Wall
9/9/2011, 04:22 PM
* dedicates this song to Baylor:

kE0pwJ5PMDg

It's fun to make love to this song...don't not ruin it with Baylor!:hopelessness:

Bccajun
9/9/2011, 04:28 PM
Not football following by their own fans. Need to get money from Big12 to sport themselves.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-big12mess

Sooner Tri
9/9/2011, 04:39 PM
Baylor has been living off the Big 12 for years and now they see their gravy train about to end all they can think of is a lawsuit. What are they going to see for next is someone intentionally runs up the score, is that going to be grounds. Who would want a sue happy university in their conference. This is not the Big 12 threatening a lawsuit but a small Baptist college who has lived off the rest of us including A&M but as their illustrious scumbag President who leaked bad info about what was hapening in regards to OU, said, they are a program on the rise!

I believe the Pokes have the trademark on the phrase, so Baylor could be in legal trouble for using it!

SoonerinSouthlake
9/10/2011, 07:38 AM
Baylor has been living off the Big 12 for years and now they see their gravy train about to end all they can think of is a lawsuit. What are they going to see for next is someone intentionally runs up the score, is that going to be grounds. Who would want a sue happy university in their conference. This is not the Big 12 threatening a lawsuit but a small Baptist college who has lived off the rest of us including A&M but as their illustrious scumbag President who leaked bad info about what was hapening in regards to OU, said, they are a program on the rise! Hope they lose the next 11 games.

From all accounts this is all Baylor and their scumbag President and why UT signed the waiver so fast.

Hold the your horses for a brief moment Soonermom

Im not a Baylor fan, so I don't mean to be an apologist for them. BUT I do find some faults in your statements.

1. From most accounts, Ken Starr is about as descent a human being as they come. People who think he is a scumbag are generally those mad because he did the job he was hired to do and investigated Bill Clinton
2. He is only "threatening to sue" by refusing to sign a waiver. They wont sue anybody. He stepped up and played the only card Baylor has had in this big game to try and do what is best for Baylor. While thats different tactic than our own David Boren has taken, its no different, in motivation, than Borens shocking announcement that we were looking at our options. Its just a move to do things for HIS school. Thats what everyone is doing at this point
3. Baylor has been the whipping boy for years. I suspect they will still be this year. But they do have a solid young coach, talent levels that improve every year, what some have said is the best athlete QB in the nation (please dont make this a thread about RGriffen) and they just beat TCU. While the curve may be really small, they are in fact clawing their way upwards.

They have the best situation they can hope for right now in the B12...and unfortunately for them They are staring the sunbelt conference square in the face. If you were them, wouldnt you want the president of the university to step up and do what he could? Or would you say...naw, lets just do what were told, because we dont want other teams wanting to run scores up on us?

For the record, in a football sense....I hope they win a lot of games this year, but that we beat them by half a hundred +