PDA

View Full Version : How Long Has It Been Since.....

oudavid1
9/8/2011, 10:24 PM
Oklahoma State had a better running back situation than Oklahoma?

Watching Joesph Randle is very convincing this has happened.

The Ghost of Mex
9/8/2011, 10:26 PM
FYI...You are wrong.

kevpks
9/8/2011, 10:28 PM
That's kind of a weird post after OU just had five rushing TDs in their first game and 5.3 yards per carry.

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2011, 10:29 PM
They seem to have some pretty good RBs every year, but I'm not implying any comparison.

silverwheels
9/8/2011, 10:31 PM
Slow your roll, David. It's still early in the season and Arizona is an average team. Besides, I think the consistency of OSU's offensive line deserves some credit for their running game as well.

VA Sooner
9/8/2011, 10:32 PM
Hard to tell when Arizona's defense is a sieve... lots of rebuilding this year, especially the Wildcat d-line.

oudavid1
9/8/2011, 10:55 PM
Slow your roll, David. It's still early in the season and Arizona is an average team. Besides, I think the consistency of OSU's offensive line deserves some credit for their running game as well.

This. I did forget they probably have to best OL in the Big 12. But my biggest reason for the Randle love was the amazing job of blitz pickup he did. Dom Whaley almost got LJ killed last week. Blitz pickup is way underrated.

Hard to tell when Arizona's defense is a sieve... lots of rebuilding this year, especially the Wildcat d-line.

Solid point. I agree. I got a little ahead of myself. But that's what post like this are for.

jumperstop
9/8/2011, 11:00 PM
They do always have a good line, at least as if the past couple of seasons. I argued last season on OP that Finch was better than Randall, I wouldn't be as confidant of that now. They're at least closer than I believed before.

silverwheels
9/8/2011, 11:02 PM
As long as OU is the better team, it's whatever. They can have "better RB corps than OU" rings made.

starclassic tama
9/8/2011, 11:14 PM
As long as OU is the better team, it's whatever. They can have "better RB corps than OU" rings made. hahaha. post of the (football)year so far

soonerboomer93
9/8/2011, 11:24 PM
It's okay David, just pm phil and he'll change your username to OSUDavid1

****in aggie

olevetonahill
9/8/2011, 11:45 PM
Aint Skeered

hawaii 5-0
9/8/2011, 11:51 PM
Just wondrin'....

When OSU had Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders at the same time who did OU have?

5-0

SCOUT
9/8/2011, 11:53 PM

Barry Sanders
/thread

Salt City Sooner
9/8/2011, 11:55 PM
Just wondrin'....

5-0
Players who never lost to OSU.

Dio
9/8/2011, 11:55 PM
Just wondrin'....

5-0

...and how many wins did they have against us, combined?

sooner59
9/9/2011, 12:55 AM
Boom, the dynamite goes.

oudavid1
9/9/2011, 01:03 AM
It's okay David, just pm phil and he'll change your username to OSUDavid1

****in aggie

lolz. Win.

Barry Sanders
/thread

Thats what I was thinking

misplacedsooner
9/9/2011, 01:06 AM
bet we shut randle down. who are they gonna key on? pick your poison pokes!!

gaylordfan1
9/9/2011, 01:14 AM
Whaley getting Jones "killed" is a exaggeration. Jones never touched the turf, even if he did touch the turf, it's the first freaking game! BUT, he didn't. OSU looks good. We look good. Things will work itself out. There is no need to jump to Aggie conclusions this early David. Damn,who's side are u on?

Turd_Ferguson
9/9/2011, 01:27 AM
David = Young, Dumb and full of ignernt...

olevetonahill
9/9/2011, 01:27 AM
Change yer Sig. Most of us DONT like ya :monkey:

hawaii 5-0
9/9/2011, 02:07 AM
Players who never lost to OSU.

I'm quite aware of who won those games. I'm also quite aware football is a team sport.

The question was when was the last time OSU had a better RB situation than OU. I submitted Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders. I don't recall who played RBs for OU during that time when Thomas was a senior and I believe Sanders was a soph. Were they better than the OSU duo? I dunno.
Were OU's RB All-American that year? I'll leave it to a stat hound.

5-0

Okie35
9/9/2011, 02:38 AM
I will admit I think Randle is pretty good but their backs aren't better.

Sooner_Tuf
9/9/2011, 02:43 AM
Spencer Tillman, Patrick Collins, Mike Gaddis, Lydell Carr. Don't leave out the QB's that ran the bone in that era Hollieway and Thompson weren't too shabby. Keith Jackson ran the ball well.

OU's running game won them a National Championship and played for a couple of more. It would be pretty hard to pick an era that OSU moved the ball better against ranked teams than OU, the 80's wouldn't be it.

No doubt Thurman and Barry were great backs. They weren't really a duo though and Sanders didn't really shine until Thomas was gone.

To be completely fair to Thomas (who was a great RB) he had to play against the Boz.

sooner59
9/9/2011, 02:46 AM
The Boz = no RB success.

BigJerm7
9/9/2011, 07:12 AM
so now we compare RB's based on how well they pick up blitzes?

MojoRisen
9/9/2011, 07:30 AM
OSU wasn't very good in the Sanders years - he was great however. I remember them playing Nebraska and it was 63 to Zip. Then Barry went off for 42 straight points. 63-42

I watch Demarco Highlights and the guy was a super stud - I think our backs are more like Chris Brown - see what Finch does once he is out of the dog house - which I am sure he will be by FSU.

picasso
9/9/2011, 07:36 AM

Good lord, he's not better than Kendall Hunter.

GottaHavePride
9/9/2011, 07:50 AM
This. I did forget they probably have to best OL in the Big 12. But my biggest reason for the Randle love was the amazing job of blitz pickup he did. Dom Whaley almost got LJ killed last week. Blitz pickup is way underrated.

Um, you mean Landry who was virtually untouched the entire game? Our team that gave up a disgraceful ZERO sacks?

What game film are you watching? And what are you smoking while watching it?

Widescreen
9/9/2011, 07:56 AM
see what Finch does once he is out of the dog house - which I am sure he will be by FSU.
Wait, what? Why is Finch in the doghouse? He played Saturday.

C&CDean
9/9/2011, 08:34 AM
Sometimes David's pining for attention strays beyond the boundaries of rational thought. This would be one of those times.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/9/2011, 08:35 AM
Randle is a good runningback...He already is a better NFL prospect than Hunter was when he left...

thecrimsoncrusader
9/9/2011, 08:41 AM
Randall is a better receiver out of the backfield than Hunter, but Hunter was a much better runner and more scary threat.

Breadburner
9/9/2011, 08:43 AM
OP should quit posting again....The last 2 have been massive fails.....

yukonsooner
9/9/2011, 08:44 AM
After watching that game, I can't say OSU is Big XII championship team. All I can say is that Arizona is terrible. If they win any conference games I will be surprised.

Mad Dog Madsen
9/9/2011, 08:48 AM
It's only been a couple of years... Remember, Kendall Hunter was better than DeMarco! :tongue:

oudavid1
9/9/2011, 08:48 AM

Whaley getting Jones "killed" is a exaggeration. Jones never touched the turf, even if he did touch the turf, it's the first freaking game! BUT, he didn't. OSU looks good. We look good. Things will work itself out. There is no need to jump to Aggie conclusions this early David. Damn,who's side are u on?

Well good thing I said almost.

And guys, I was trying to make the point that Oklahoma State might actually run the ball better than OU this year. And might have a better pro prospect at running back.

Haters gonna hate though.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/9/2011, 08:53 AM
Randall is a better receiver out of the backfield than Hunter, but Hunter was a much better runner and more scary threat.
I disagree mostly because Hunter wasn't that fast..I never was worried about him breaking off a big play against OU. I can see the better runner at this point because of field vision not much else.

Lawton4Life
9/9/2011, 08:57 AM
They've actually always had a pretty decent backfield. Tatum Bell, Vernand Morency, Hunter etc.

silverwheels
9/9/2011, 08:59 AM
Mike Hamilton was better than AD.

Sooner_Tuf
9/9/2011, 09:00 AM

And guys, I was trying to make the point that Oklahoma State might actually run the ball better than OU this year. And might have a better pro prospect at running back.

Almost as in not even close. Have you looked at OSU's schedule? I hope they run the ball better with a sr o-line against the teams they are playing.

Everyone is going to hate to when you say stupid things, make stuff up, insist on tying everyone's screens up with a ridiculously huge sig.

Congrats you have become Leroy TNG.

stoopified
9/9/2011, 09:13 AM
Just wondrin'....

5-0Gaddis,Perry,Collins,Stafford.Should be noted Gaddis outrushed Sanders in 1988 -Gaddis 18c-213yds,Sanders 40c-201` yds.Oh yeah and OU won 31-28.

rekamrettuB
9/9/2011, 09:52 AM
Gaddis,Perry,Collins,Stafford.Should be noted Gaddis outrushed Sanders in 1988 -Gaddis 18c-213yds,Sanders 40c-201` yds.Oh yeah and OU won 31-28.

That was such a fun game to watch.

What was the guy's name that dropped the ball in the EZ for Ok State? Brent somethingorother?

Lawton4Life
9/9/2011, 09:56 AM
That was such a fun game to watch.

What was the guy's name that dropped the ball in the EZ for Ok State? Brent somethingorother?

Parker

oudavid1
9/9/2011, 11:24 AM
Almost as in not even close. Have you looked at OSU's schedule? I hope they run the ball better with a sr o-line against the teams they are playing.

Everyone is going to hate to when you say stupid things, make stuff up, insist on tying everyone's screens up with a ridiculously huge sig.

Congrats you have become Leroy TNG.

http://www.velojoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/crying_baby.jpg

Salt City Sooner
9/9/2011, 01:23 PM
Gaddis,Perry,Collins,Stafford.Should be noted Gaddis outrushed Sanders in 1988 -Gaddis 18c-213yds,Sanders 40c-201` yds.Oh yeah and OU won 31-28.
Sanders went for 215 on 39 carries that night (& FWIW, that was the only game that year that OSU didn't put 40+ on the board).

picasso
9/9/2011, 01:44 PM

Dude, you're not going to get any sympathy when you post something on an internet BBS. The Pokes had a better run game than we did last season but we had a better RB. I kinda see your point but haters gonna hate? People have opinions, same as you.

hawaii 5-0
9/9/2011, 02:01 PM
Sanders went for 215 on 39 carries that night (& FWIW, that was the only game that year that OSU didn't put 40+ on the board).

You are analyzing Gaddis and Sanders head to head. Are you factoring in the offensive lines? The defenses? The coaches/play callers? Home field? Very arguarable comparison. And that's just looking at one game.

I was thinking of Thomas/Sanders over a season versus Gaddis et al over a season. I recall Thomas was the starter with Barry as the backup and returning kicks. Scary kicking off to Barry Sanders.

Anyway, I would surmise it's been a long time since the Aggies had better RBs than the Sooners.

5-0

Salt City Sooner
9/9/2011, 02:13 PM
You are analyzing Gaddis and Sanders head to head. Are you factoring in the offensive lines? The defenses? The coaches/play callers? Home field? Very arguarable comparison. And that's just looking at one game.

I was thinking of Thomas/Sanders over a season versus Gaddis et al over a season. I recall Thomas was the starter with Barry as the backup and returning kicks. Scary kicking off to Barry Sanders.

Anyway, I would surmise it's been a long time since the Aggies had better RBs than the Sooners.

5-0
You are reading WAY too much into my post. I'm not analyzing ANYTHING. I was simply putting out the correct stats for Sanders (the 18 for 213 for Gaddis is right). If you want to do the OL/DL comparisons & the like, feel free to have at it.

hawaii 5-0
9/9/2011, 02:17 PM
You are reading WAY too much into my post. I'm not analyzing ANYTHING. I was simply putting out the correct stats for Sanders (the 18 for 213 for Gaddis is right). If you want to do the OL/DL comparisons & the like, feel free to have at it.

I didn't mean to direct my argument to you personally. I was just throwing it out there and used Gaddis v. Sanders as examples.

5-0

rekamrettuB
9/9/2011, 02:42 PM
You would be hard pressed to find a better RB backfield ever in college football when comparing Thomas and Sanders.

possumfat
9/9/2011, 03:25 PM
This guy over at Orange Power has alllllllllllllllllllll the answers to this question :distress: http://www.orangepower.com/threads/dominque-whaley.124089/page-4#post-1552810

soonerboy_odanorth
9/9/2011, 03:57 PM
What the hell does "haters gonna hate" mean anyway? If one is hated, perhaps that person is just a gigantic attention-mongering d****e who didn't get enough ta-ta time with mommy as a baby, and so people naturally gravitate towards hating said person. Just saying it's a possibility...

SoonerDood
9/9/2011, 04:09 PM
The Murray v. Hunter argument is just as laughable as Jones v. Weeden.

hawaii 5-0
9/9/2011, 04:14 PM
This guy over at Orange Power has alllllllllllllllllllll the answers to this question :distress: http://www.orangepower.com/threads/dominque-whaley.124089/page-4#post-1552810

I'm sorry I looked. All that pukey orange gave me a headache.

5-0

Sooner_Tuf
9/9/2011, 04:38 PM
Hey David, who is suspended for FSU according to your source? :jerk off:

sallisawsooner
9/9/2011, 06:10 PM
I haven't made a post in a year, but I feel the need to chime in.

David is a ****** f**k.

SoonerBorn85
9/9/2011, 10:09 PM
Hey David, who is suspended for FSU according to your source? :jerk off:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b259/jdasooner2/tweet.jpg

oudavid1
9/10/2011, 12:30 AM
Dude, you're not going to get any sympathy when you post something on an internet BBS. The Pokes had a better run game than we did last season but we had a better RB. I kinda see your point but haters gonna hate? People have opinions, same as you.

I dont need sympathy. I just need people to be accountable for what they say and i will do the same.

What the hell does "haters gonna hate" mean anyway? If one is hated, perhaps that person is just a gigantic attention-mongering d****e who didn't get enough ta-ta time with mommy as a baby, and so people naturally gravitate towards hating said person. Just saying it's a possibility...

You mad bro?

I haven't made a post in a year, but I feel the need to chime in.

David is a ****** f**k.

You just want attention.

oudavid1
9/10/2011, 12:36 AM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b259/jdasooner2/tweet.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2eeyemr.jpg

I got pictures too.

SoonerKnight
9/10/2011, 02:37 AM
It's ok David! Young guys always tend do things pre-maturely.

Partial Qualifier
9/10/2011, 09:56 AM
Dude, you're like a MiniDoosh. Please stop, for your own sake.

And maybe someone said it already, but: If a Sooner fan could put his/her affinity for Mike F'ing Stoops aside, it was easy to see Arizona's defense is a rotting, putrid abortion. Their D-linemen are woefully undersized, linebackers are slow, their secondary is soft as warm butter, and they gave up on their D-coordinator halfway through last season. Any offense with a pulse would look like gangbusters against that defense Arizona rolls out.

sallisawsooner
9/10/2011, 03:27 PM
You just want attention.

I want attention? I'm not the one with the page long signature. Seriously you come off as pathetic.

SoonerKnight
9/10/2011, 04:03 PM
Actually, some of ya'll are coming off as pathetic for attacking David as personally as you are!

Sooner_Tuf
9/10/2011, 04:28 PM
MiniDoosh, hahahaha omfg, FTW! If the shoe fits you must convict :smug:

yankee
9/10/2011, 05:28 PM
Can the mods just ban David? Even if it's only for like a week.

oudavid1
9/10/2011, 05:50 PM
It's ok David! Young guys always tend do things pre-maturely.

Dude, you're like a MiniDoosh. Please stop, for your own sake.

And maybe someone said it already, but: If a Sooner fan could put his/her affinity for Mike F'ing Stoops aside, it was easy to see Arizona's defense is a rotting, putrid abortion. Their D-linemen are woefully undersized, linebackers are slow, their secondary is soft as warm butter, and they gave up on their D-coordinator halfway through last season. Any offense with a pulse would look like gangbusters against that defense Arizona rolls out.

Actually, some of ya'll are coming off as pathetic for attacking David as personally as you are!

This ^^^^

Sooner_Tuf
9/10/2011, 08:19 PM
blah blah blah ban blah blah min-doosh blah blah blah

This ^^^^

+1

SoonerKnight
9/11/2011, 02:58 AM
Nah! They should start with you first! David never attacked you personally!

olevetonahill
9/11/2011, 04:14 AM

Nah! They should start with you first! David never attacked you personally!

There ya Go.

Curly Bill
9/11/2011, 04:46 AM
You'd think David attacked some of your moms. Get a grip people...either that or have another big ol sip of Koolaid.