PDA

View Full Version : aggy vs. the fighting mikes - Thursday night football thread

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 07:07 PM
Rather tame blacks with white lids.

AZ comes into this game completely depleted.

Soonermagik
9/8/2011, 07:10 PM
AZ will get hammered. I hope OSU wins, because when OU lights them up the last game it can't hurt their rankings if they slip. This is the future of PAC 16 match-ups.

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 07:10 PM
Craig James.

Threw up a bit in my mouth.

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 07:12 PM
AZ defense immediately on their heels, from the snap of the ball.

Gonna be a long night.

Soonermagik
9/8/2011, 07:12 PM
Poor Mike Stoops, this isn't going to end well. Seriously, I never bet games, but I came super close to laying money on the pokes. A 13 point line is a joke for how bad AZ is.

swardboy
9/8/2011, 07:13 PM
So they stole our formation.

OUHOMER
9/8/2011, 07:13 PM
AZ in trouble, are they the baylor of the pac what ever

oumartin
9/8/2011, 07:17 PM
What directv channel? Espn is blacked out

owenfield2003
9/8/2011, 07:17 PM
Can wide receivers take out def. Backs legs like Blackmon jus did to that guy?

OUHOMER
9/8/2011, 07:20 PM
you can watch it here
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/sport/american-football.html

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 07:21 PM
By the end of the game ESPN will be calling them the greatest offense on earth!

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 07:27 PM
Blackmon taunting...no flag.

OUHOMER
9/8/2011, 07:28 PM
By the end of the game ESPN will be calling them the greatest offense on earth!
might not take that long

Soonermagik
9/8/2011, 07:28 PM
Mike Stoops is likely done at AZ after this season. He's had a long time to build that program and it has never really worked out.

NOTICE: If you're a really good DC wait for a big HC job opening i.e. Florida, LSU, USC etc..

Boomer.....
9/8/2011, 07:30 PM
This might get ugly. Aggy doing whatever they want.

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 07:31 PM
It really looks like AZ defense is spotting them 10 yards each play. I've not seen anything like this before, how soft they are playing. First contact is coming after about 8 yards.

Are they that worried about getting burned? Its already 0-14.

Sooner13
9/8/2011, 07:33 PM
Man, aggie has gotten cocky. I hope they go undefeated until they play us. Can't wait for that game...

OUHOMER
9/8/2011, 07:33 PM
i say send the house. Put the pressure on

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 07:37 PM
Palmer, "Its hard to be a dominant defense when your offense scores as much as they do."

Orly?

Palmtotheface

yermom
9/8/2011, 07:38 PM
you can watch it here
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/sport/american-football.html

you know how this works? last time i tried one of those sites the quality was not near as good...

OUHOMER
9/8/2011, 07:40 PM
you know how this works? last time i tried one of those sites the quality was not near as good...
its not bad, and its better than nothing

olevetonahill
9/8/2011, 07:43 PM
Mike Stoops is likely done at AZ after this season. He's had a long time to build that program and it has never really worked out.

NOTICE: If you're a really good DC wait for a big HC job opening i.e. Florida, LSU, USC etc..

Ive heard Mike is gone after this year for the last 6 er so
Lets wait and see.

Crimsontothecore
9/8/2011, 07:44 PM
I can't believe they let people bring TV's into the stadium. If you look closely up in one corner it looks like someone brought about a 60" flat screen.

SoonerMom2
9/8/2011, 07:48 PM
I am watching the NFL -- cannot stand ESPN announcers in most games and for the aggies up north no way!

CBUS_SOONER
9/8/2011, 07:50 PM
WOW!!! I know AZ is down but the pokes are making them look like a AA school. I think our schedule is more brutual than the "experts" give it credit for... FSU and osu on the road will be difficult

OUHOMER
9/8/2011, 07:56 PM
can AZ shoot themselves in the foot on every play, eh sometimes 3 times on a play. geezzz

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 07:57 PM
I can't believe they let people bring TV's into the stadium. If you look closely up in one corner it looks like someone brought about a 60" flat screen.

Posting goodness

yermom
9/8/2011, 08:06 PM
its not bad, and its better than nothing

yeah, last time i tried it, it wasn't worth watching. that one is pretty good.

badger
9/8/2011, 08:08 PM
More than 7k vBet on OSU tonight... might have to close vBookie due to vBankruptcy :(

picasso
9/8/2011, 08:16 PM
WOW!!! I know AZ is down but the pokes are making them look like a AA school. I think our schedule is more brutual than the "experts" give it credit for... FSU and osu on the road will be difficult
They struggled against Northern Arizona.

CBUS_SOONER
9/8/2011, 08:19 PM
They struggled against Northern Arizona.

its a rivalry game;)

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/8/2011, 08:19 PM
I am watching the NFL -- cannot stand ESPN announcers in most games and for the aggies up north no way!This is the correct answer, but the emphasis is reversed. Conclusion is correct.

OhU1
9/8/2011, 08:40 PM
Mike Stoops <<<<<< (insert exponent) Bob Stoops

Mike Stoops stays to the end of the season in 2003 = OU undefeated 8th National Championship.

lexsooner
9/8/2011, 08:49 PM
Mike Stoops <<<<<< (insert exponent) Bob Stoops

Mike Stoops stays to the end of the season in 2003 = OU undefeated 8th National Championship.

Well, maybe. We lost because our offense could only muster 14 points. Wasn't that the season KSU blew us out in the Big XII title game and everyone cried foul when the final BCS numbers put us in the title game?

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 09:13 PM
Fighting Mikes sputter, cough into end zone.

21-7

Aggy seemed to be coasting a bit. See what they do now.

Peach Fuzz
9/8/2011, 09:17 PM
This is the quietest stadium I've ever heard... OSU, your fans are garbage.

Peach Fuzz
9/8/2011, 09:19 PM
They run some of the best fake punts that I can remember... Boone stfu ;)

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 09:21 PM
I'm so glad we don't have one of him.

lexsooner
9/8/2011, 09:23 PM
With all due respect, Mr. Pickens, who the f*** cares what you want.

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 09:23 PM
Gawd, he is insufferable.

boomersooner28
9/8/2011, 09:25 PM
Ok, yes it's early in the season, BUT...we are gonna donkey rape the Aggies.

Peach Fuzz
Brandon Weeden leads the world in INTs... congrats.

Poor Rece, he looked uncomfortable/awkward

Okie35
Weeden sucks.

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 09:27 PM
Weeden has 4 picks, two for TDs in 6.5 quarters.

Peach Fuzz
9/8/2011, 09:31 PM
Josh Cooper is dangerous... wait nvm.

What a wexican

Okie35
9/8/2011, 09:32 PM
Craig James makes me want to blow out my eardrums.

Peach Fuzz
9/8/2011, 09:37 PM
AZ is just giving the game away

owenfield2003
9/8/2011, 09:37 PM
If you look back to page 1, I made a comment about blocking below waste...osu has done it 10 times tonight. Called twice. Thats coached...dirty

Peach Fuzz
9/8/2011, 09:38 PM
OSU pass D= suspect as hell, I know 1 play doesn't show much but they haven't covered crap. Lucky for them AZ's pass game sucks

NathanStinson
9/8/2011, 09:39 PM
Interesting game so far. Arizona just doesn't have the personnel or experience to pull this one out though.

Thought it was interesting how confident Boone was in OU and OSU being a package deal

toast
9/8/2011, 09:49 PM
Weeden has 4 picks, two for TDs in 6.5 quarters.

How can that be, according to Palmer he never throws picks?

Breadburner
9/8/2011, 09:49 PM
Pickens was painful......

Peach Fuzz
9/8/2011, 09:51 PM
AZ is painful. OSU is pretty good on bad D's

Crimsontothecore
9/8/2011, 09:53 PM
Wow, just wow! I can't think of any other time I've seen a schools donor act as though he's running the university. "we" aren't going to do this, "we" aren't going to do that. How pathetic to see a universities authority totally sell out to a donor. Thank God we never see a member of the Gaylord family interviewed in the press box during a game. I'm guessing Hargis and Holder were out in the parking lot detailing Tbones car while he was on TV answering questions no donor should be answering. Pathetic and embarrassing.

Peach Fuzz
9/8/2011, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I stand by what I said, OSU pass D=suspect.

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 10:00 PM
That AZ qb is actually really good.

BoomerJ
9/8/2011, 10:02 PM
T Bone brought nothing to the conversation.

StanberryWasIn
9/8/2011, 10:07 PM
Pickens was painful......

He said something to the effect that "We don't want to lose the Big XII because of all the tradition." Tradition? The league was formed in f-ing 1996. If he's counting back to the Big 8, that ship sailed along with NU and CU.

picasso
9/8/2011, 10:09 PM
Who won?

olevetonahill
9/8/2011, 10:15 PM
Mikes Cats made it respectable . Gumby is a Prick to have his 1s in this late .

MelloYello
9/8/2011, 10:16 PM
When was the last time we played a regular-season game on Thursday? We played Tulsa on a Friday in 2002.

Peach Fuzz
9/8/2011, 10:16 PM
This stadium is without a doubt the most awkward place to play. I've heard louder high school games.

Okie35
9/8/2011, 10:19 PM
Jesse Palmer ... shut up!

Peach Fuzz
9/8/2011, 10:20 PM
WOW I hope that's not a bad injury... Would hate to see them lose him on one of the last plays of the game.

Turd_Ferguson
9/8/2011, 10:22 PM
This stadium is without a doubt the most awkward place to play. I've heard louder high school games.Yeah, come to Newcastle where we have a new turf field/stadium/field house. The field house is 2 story with a frig'n elevator and there's 300 peeps in the seats...:greedy_dollars:

Peach Fuzz
9/8/2011, 10:24 PM
Yeah, come to Newcastle where we have a new turf field/stadium/field house. The field house is 2 story with a frig'n elevator and there's 300 peeps in the seats...:greedy_dollars:

When did they get all that? When I played there it was all old school

Turd_Ferguson
9/8/2011, 10:27 PM
When did they get all that? When I played there it was all old schoolTurf and stadium(aluminum) last year. Flintco came in and did the field house through the summer.

BoulderSooner79
9/8/2011, 10:27 PM
WOW I hope that's not a bad injury... Would hate to see them lose him on one of the last plays of the game.

^This. That was a dirty play by that Dline guy and the same play that virtually ended Carson Palmers career. Palmer was never the same after that and the NFL changed the rule to make that illegal.

Turd_Ferguson
9/8/2011, 10:28 PM
and to my knowledge, with this big *** field house they still don't have visitors locker rooms. The played PV last week and I think they had to locker in the AG barn or something...

bluedogok
9/8/2011, 10:30 PM
It was on down here on 206.

I am watching the NFL -- cannot stand ESPN announcers in most games and for the aggies up north no way!
I have the Packers game on the big screen and had the OSU game on the small screen with the sound all the way down. I need a few more TV's in here on Saturday and Sunday.

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 10:37 PM

sooner59
9/8/2011, 10:51 PM
That was a hell of an ending to the first NFL game. Both teams are good again. Saints may have won if it was New Orleans. Either way, Packers are solid #1 to start the season.

OUbassin
9/8/2011, 11:24 PM

AU had 438 yards of offense (399 passing yards)

BigTip
9/8/2011, 11:43 PM
Yeah, come to Newcastle where we have a new turf field/stadium/field house. The field house is 2 story with a frig'n elevator and there's 300 peeps in the seats...:greedy_dollars:

Newcastle......Oklahoma? As in Newcastle Racers? Wow. We use to play them in basketball in a gym that held maybe two hundred people max. It looked like the set from "Hoosiers" lol

SoonerDood
9/9/2011, 09:08 AM
When was the last time we played a regular-season game on Thursday? We played Tulsa on a Friday in 2002.
and in 07 as well.

LVSOONER15
9/9/2011, 09:21 AM
Those corners for Arizona did not play well at all. It lokked like they weren't even trying to shed their blocks.

C&CDean
9/9/2011, 09:25 AM
Who cares? The Pack won and that's all that mattered last night.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/9/2011, 09:28 AM
I'll pack you

Boomer.....
9/9/2011, 09:36 AM
:hot:

badger
9/9/2011, 10:10 AM
I mostly watched the Packers last night, but did tune in for some of the Poke game, especially at the beginning and around the third quarter-ish when Pack was at halftime.

I was mumbling insults in Arizona's direction most of the time. They were ridiculously bad. I had higher expectations for a team coached by a Stoops brother. Their quarterback appears to suffer from vast overratedness.

On the other side, OSU should have scored at least as many points as they did against U-La-La, but went on a huge dry spell from the beginning of the second quarter till, like the fourth or so, camped at 21 points. Is THIS the return of their highly touted point machine? Their defense, yes, their defense, saved their arses more than a few times (including stopping on 4th and goal once).

So anyways, Pac 12 needs better football if this is a bowl-bound program that OSU faced. Even the Pokes can provide better than AZ can, apparently. Pathetic!!!!!

SoonerLaw09
9/9/2011, 10:16 AM
Still trying to figure out why Espin would be blacked out anywhere, but I digress...

Note to OU D-staff. Gameplan against Little Brother: put in someone whose assignment is to knock Blackmon on his a$z at the line, every play. Take him out and the rest of the aggie offense is just ordinary. That is all.

badger
9/9/2011, 10:24 AM
Little brother gameplan against everyone: Line up little guy receivers and running backs to crack-back block larger defenders since we're too puny and weak to stop them legally. Hope the ref doesn't catch our guys doing it.

Learn to effing block, Pokes, before you really hurt someone! :mad:

Pricetag
9/9/2011, 11:28 AM
When was the last time we played a regular-season game on Thursday?
I think it was the season opener at Texas Tech in 1992.

SoonerLaw09
9/9/2011, 11:40 AM
I think it was the season opener at Texas Tech in 1992.

Chicken dinner.

I remember watching that game. One thing sticks in my mind: the cut to a shot of the bench, where the announcer said that the future of the Oklahoma offense was sitting: Chad Davis.

Oh, the memories.

CBUS_SOONER
9/9/2011, 11:50 AM
ol Boone runs the pokes. My wife(didnt no who he was) asked if he was the prez of those silly pokes. hahaha. I guess money talks

lexsooner
9/9/2011, 12:30 PM
A co-worker who is an Ohio State college football fan and has no ties to OU or osu watched the game and he could not believe the gall of Pickens in saying he wanted this and that and acting like he ran the school, and he could not believe ESPN would let him talk for so long on the air - a rich booster. I told him that was osu.

lexsooner
9/9/2011, 12:36 PM
Bill Gates has devoted his life and most of his capital towards charitable causes. Buffet has become a major philanthropist too. T. Boone Pickens is devoting the rest of his life and money to further the interests of the OSU football program. It's really heartwarming to know Pickens has finally found something meaningful in life to pursue.

badger
9/9/2011, 12:42 PM
My comment when they should Bone Pick in the ESPN booth:

"They created that shirt just for Boone Pickens because nobody else would ever wear that."

I also loved that Old Man Weeden's interception was while T. Boner was in the booth so we could all see his reaction and ESPN dude's awkward response :D

CowboyMRW
9/9/2011, 01:09 PM
Little brother gameplan against everyone: Line up little guy receivers and running backs to crack-back block larger defenders since we're too puny and weak to stop them legally. Hope the ref doesn't catch our guys doing it.

Learn to effing block, Pokes, before you really hurt someone! :mad:

Crack-back blocking is legal, btw.
It's when you crack back and go below the waist is when it's an illegal block, which was instituted this year I think.

Anyways, it was a fun game to be at. Need to address our penalties, as it seemed we had about 12 for over a 100 yards. Don't know what happened to the offense after we got up 21. It's like they went into hibernation mode. We need to get our snaps and holds down on FGs and XPs.

That's my only complaints to the game.

lexsooner
9/9/2011, 01:27 PM
I mostly enjoyed watching the sheep humper student doing pushups while others held him up on an outhouse door - another great aggie tradition.

SoonerLaw09
9/9/2011, 01:31 PM
Crack-back blocking is legal, btw.
It's when you crack back and go below the waist is when it's an illegal block, which was instituted this year I think.

Below the waist crack backs have been illegal for a long time.

SoonerLaw09
9/9/2011, 01:32 PM
Bill Gates has devoted his life and most of his capital towards charitable causes. Buffet has become a major philanthropist too. T. Boone Pickens is devoting the rest of his life and money to further the interests of the OSU football program. It's really heartwarming to know Pickens has finally found something meaningful in life to pursue.

You mean besides owning all the water in Texass and building windfarts all over the southwest??

CowboyMRW
9/9/2011, 01:34 PM
Are you sure? Maybe it's just a point of emphasis then, because I know I've seen in the last couple of years countless numbers of times from every program. I read somewhere that Gundy didn't really know that rule very well, so I assumed that it was new

badger
9/9/2011, 01:42 PM
NP commented that the Pokes injured Austin Box that way a few years back. Glad he got to pay back the favor with a late INT last season. :(

You know what else they need to tone down? Blackmon's mouth. He was REALLY celebrating the most routine plays from what I saw last night and jawing endlessly with opponents. He's gonna get flagged if he keeps that up in Big 12 play. The one that stuck out to be was when he was hyping up the student section... for a first down play when you're already up by at least two touchdowns at that point. Yeah, yeah! Raise the roof! We got a first down against a sh!t tier Pac 12 opponent! Yeah!!!!

CowboyMRW
9/9/2011, 01:42 PM

In 2007, Pickens brought his innovative entrepreneurial approach to the philanthropic sector, announcing the Foundation's largest gifts yet — $50 million each for two University of Texas health care institutions: UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas and The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.

$7 million donation to the American Red Cross in 2005 is the largest individual contribution in the 150-year history of that organization.

He currently volunteers for the Meals on Wheels and has made around $700 million worth of donations for charity.

SoonerLaw09
9/9/2011, 01:44 PM
From the NCAA rules committee website:

Beginning this coming season, blocking below the waist will be illegal except on scrimmage plays in the following instances:

•Wide receivers more than seven yards from the center at the snap of the ball can block below the waist only against a player facing him or toward the nearest sideline.
•Running backs/receivers in the backfield and outside the tackle box (the area five yards on either side of the center) or players in motion can block below the waist only on players facing them or toward the nearest sideline.
Players on the line of scrimmage within seven yards of the center are still allowed to block below the waist anywhere on the field.

Previously, officials had to determine where a player started at the snap or, in the case of wide receivers, how far down the field the receiver was to determine whether the block below the waist was legal.

So it looks like they just changed the way it's supposed to be officiated, but the rule already existed. Probably to ensure consistency by the refs. There's also the rule that you can't hit somebody low if they are already engaged high, but that's called something else I think...sheesh, Ima gettin old. :P

badger
9/9/2011, 01:46 PM
Pickens: Here, have $100 million, UT. Here's $7 million for you, Red Cross.
UT/Red Cross: Oh, thank you, Mr. Pickens, you are so generous... wait, where's the donation?
Pickens: I've invested it for you.
UT/Red Cross: Where?
Pickens: In my hedge fund. In fact, that's where the money started.
UT/Red Cross: So... you basically... didn't do anything except say a few words publicly.
Pickens: It's the Pickens Plan!

CowboyMRW
NP commented that the Pokes injured Austin Box that way a few years back. Glad he got to pay back the favor with a late INT last season. :(

You know what else they need to tone down? Blackmon's mouth. He was REALLY celebrating the most routine plays from what I saw last night and jawing endlessly with opponents. He's gonna get flagged if he keeps that up in Big 12 play. The one that stuck out to be was when he was hyping up the student section... for a first down play when you're already up by at least two touchdowns at that point. Yeah, yeah! Raise the roof! We got a first down against a sh!t tier Pac 12 opponent! Yeah!!!!

I thought that was all the Swagger all the OU fans love when yall do?

On a serious note, I've never seen that from him, nor do I think I will again unless it's something crazy. There is some real bad blood between Blackmon, and AU. He probably brought it upon himself last year, with the running parallel thing, but it should've ended there, especially when Hall hit him late in the Bowl game. We came out for warmups and Hall, who wasn't even playing, starts jawing off to our team as we were running by. I probably would've done the same thing in that position. Don't talk sh*t to the best receiver in the nation when you can't back it up and you're not even playing

picasso
Below the waist crack backs have been illegal for a long time.
Yeah, Austin Box found out in Stillwater in '08.

SoonerLaw09
9/9/2011, 01:47 PM

Werd. I noticed his gangsta mouf as well. Speaking of new rules, there's also supposed to be a no-tolerance for taunting rule now.

CowboyMRW
9/9/2011, 01:47 PM
From the NCAA rules committee website:

So it looks like they just changed the way it's supposed to be officiated, but the rule already existed. Probably to ensure consistency by the refs. There's also the rule that you can't hit somebody low if they are already engaged high, but that's called something else I think...sheesh, Ima gettin old. :P

Chop block?

Anywho, yea I think that is going to be strictly enforced this year and something that will have to be watched out for

SoonerLaw09
9/9/2011, 01:50 PM
chop block, that's it. Thx.

badger
9/9/2011, 01:53 PM
I thought that was all the Swagger all the OU fans love when yall do?

Absolutely not. You should see how livid Bob Stoops gets after penalties and if Coach Stoops doesn't like it, OU fans follow his lead pretty much 100 percent of the time.

Perhaps you are still decked out in orange goggles from yesterday, but if you slightly lower them for a moment, you might have noticed Blackmon's showboating before. I am not saying OU players have always been innocent in this category, but I am saying that our coaching staff does not tolerate showboating, penalty or not.

CowboyMRW
9/9/2011, 01:55 PM
That was supposed to be a joke Badger. I'm having trouble with the new site finding all the smilies and everything. Sorry for the mixup.

CowboyMRW
9/9/2011, 01:56 PM
Also, I don't remember showboating last year really. That was a year ago, and I've consumed a lot of alchohol since, but I can't say that I remember him doing that.

badger
9/9/2011, 02:00 PM
That was supposed to be a joke Badger. I'm having trouble with the new site finding all the smilies and everything. Sorry for the mixup.

It's cool. Congrats on your successful vBetting last night, btw.

^^^vBookie. So easy a Poke fan can do it. Join in the fun today! Check my sig line for a link on how to get started!

CowboyMRW
9/9/2011, 02:02 PM
It's cool. Congrats on your successful vBetting last night, btw.

^^^vBookie. So easy a Poke fan can do it. Join in the fun today! Check my sig line for a link on how to get started!

Thanks, Btw, how much did you pay out?

badger
9/9/2011, 02:09 PM
Thanks, Btw, how much did you pay out?

so much vCash was paid out from Thursday's Poke game that I'm now posting from a cardboard box... computer. And its computer box. Not a big fancy refrigerator box like you privileged Poke fans turn to after the betting the farm, mind you, but a tiny little computer box. That a Mac came in. So you KNOW it's tiny.

Seriously though, had to vPay one poster 1000 on the game line alone, with more than 7k going to everyone that vBet on the Pokes to cover.

That doesn't include the other miscellaneous fun, most of which was losing causes, unfortunately. The biggest payout came thanks to the few hundred Pokes that didn't show up, though, causing attendance to be below 55k. Oh, if only a few more showed up. :stunned:

If you're really curious, vPayout on that event can be viewed here. (http://www.soonerfans.com/vbookie.php?do=viewitem&item_id=30)

lexsooner
9/9/2011, 10:23 PM
In 2007, Pickens brought his innovative entrepreneurial approach to the philanthropic sector, announcing the Foundation's largest gifts yet — $50 million each for two University of Texas health care institutions: UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas and The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.

$7 million donation to the American Red Cross in 2005 is the largest individual contribution in the 150-year history of that organization.

He currently volunteers for the Meals on Wheels and has made around $700 million worth of donations for charity.

Nearly $300 million of the $700 million donations went to OSU athletics. Don't get me wrong, his contributions to real charities are praise worthy, but the fact that the plurality of his donations went to OSU sports shows us his priorities.