9/8/2011, 01:04 PM
A large sack of vinegar.

Mad Dog Madsen
9/8/2011, 01:11 PM
Who's Mel Kiper?

Jimmy Clausen's boyfriend I think...

oudivesherpa
9/8/2011, 01:18 PM
Jimmy Clausen's boyfriend! What, did he break up with Chris Simms?

SCxxSOONER
9/8/2011, 01:19 PM
I was really surprised by Ronnell on Saturday. I thought he played really well, I always thought he would be alot better at linebacker because of his athleticism but obviously the coaches know best and he performed well in the game, i thought so anyway

Boomer38Sooner
9/8/2011, 03:16 PM
I saw him walking to class today... He is way bigger than 6'2" or whatever they list him at. He is gi-effing-gantic

badger
9/8/2011, 03:24 PM
Oh yeah... this d-bag's Big Board. methinks I could create some fun big board vBetting events:

- Jevan Sneaded: One on the big board at one point will go undrafted despite being in the draft
- Boomer! A Sooner is atop the worthless board
- Sooner! A Sooner is second on the worthless board
- Whorn be cursed: A soon-to-be-NFL flop from UT is on the big board
- SECentric: A majority of SEC players comprise the board at some point during the season
- Jimmy Clausened: A big boarder falls to the second round or worst, but does get drafted
- Andrew Lucked: A top ten junior returns to school for his senior year
- Shoulda listened to Todd: Mel misses on half or more of the first 10 picks.

Thoughts? Would you be up for a such a vBet? If so, give more suggestions!
-

BigJerm7
9/8/2011, 03:26 PM
The same bendejo that said McCoy would be a better NFL QB than Sam Bradford.

badger
9/8/2011, 03:30 PM
The same bendejo that said McCoy would be a better NFL QB than Sam Bradford.

I think he said Jimmy would be better. Either way he was wrong :D

Lawton4Life
9/8/2011, 03:49 PM
My mailman knows more than him - Colts GM Circa 1992

SoonerJack
9/8/2011, 03:57 PM
I thought it was agreed that we would refer to him as Ronnell "The Hammer" Lewis.

badger
9/8/2011, 04:00 PM
From dickapedia:

* He once snidely remarked of the Colts, "That's why [they] keep picking number two every year," after their 1994 second overall selection. Kiper was widely critical of the Colts’ pick that year, Marshall Faulk, who turned out to be such a bust that he is expected to be inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame in the near future.

* In 2005, Kiper praised 8th overall selection, wide receiver Mike Williams, saying, "I'll see you at his Hall of Fame induction." Many people have yet to fully recognize the abilities Kiper saw in Williams. These people include coaches, fans, analysts, referees, the players on the teams he played for and against, and anyone else who has seen him in a football jersey. Williams’ journey to the Hall of Fame suffered a slight detour in 2007 when he stopped playing football and no one wanted to sign him.

* In 1999, he touted the potential of Oregon quarterback Akili Smith to exceed at the professional level. Fans have high hopes for Smith to have a great season this year and to make a big statement in his league.

* In 1998, Kiper argued that Ryan Leaf, 2nd overall pick, had an attitude that would be an asset in the NFL. He has since become one of professional football's most notable quarterbacks.

* In 2001, Kiper predicted a dismal 0-16 season for the New England Patriots. The team finished slightly better than that prediction, managing to win just one Super Bowl the entire season.

Notes: "league" in Akili Smith is a link to the CFL page and "most notable quarterbacks" under Ryan Leaf is a link to ESPN's list of biggest busts.

starclassic tama
9/8/2011, 05:07 PM
why did this thread turn into a mel kiper bashfest? who cares? of course the guy is a tool, but he is one of the most famous draft guys and the fact that he has ronnell that high is very cool for ronnell and the school.

SoonerNomad
9/8/2011, 05:18 PM
I saw him walking to class today... He is way bigger than 6'2" or whatever they list him at. He is gi-effing-gantic

This is a good sign, isn't it.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/8/2011, 05:20 PM
that's nice...with his size, he would most likelybe done like most Sooner DE's and wanted as an outside LB in a 3-4 scheme..So now we are talking speed measurements, playing weight, and a whole bunch of stuff.

starclassic tama
9/8/2011, 05:22 PM
his frame looks like he could hold another 10 pounds easily without losing a step. if he could play at 255 and run in the 4.6-4.7 range, he will be highly coveted at the next level. his strength appears to me to be above average for a player of his size already...

KNEE BRACE
9/8/2011, 06:36 PM
From dickapedia:

Notes: "league" in Akili Smith is a link to the CFL page and "most notable quarterbacks" under Ryan Leaf is a link to ESPN's list of biggest busts.

the second, fourth and fifth bullet points in that list are fake.

CBUS_SOONER
9/8/2011, 07:56 PM
yeah he had clausen ahead of sam... nuff said

AlboSooner
9/8/2011, 08:15 PM
Who's Mel Kiper?

somebody who thinks claussen is better than bradford

Sooner_Tuf
9/8/2011, 09:05 PM
somebody who thinks claussen is better than bradford

Someone that must have been willing to sell any credibility they night have had to say Clausen was better than Bradford.

starclassic tama
9/8/2011, 09:12 PM
so i take it everyone in this thread does not think ronnell is worthy of being drafted that high?

hawaii 5-0
9/8/2011, 11:18 PM
Who's Mel Kiper?

Eddie Munster grew up.

5-0

BigJerm7
9/9/2011, 07:17 AM
so i take it everyone in this thread does not think ronnell is worthy of being drafted that high?

I say good for Ronnell, but there's only been one game played, and let's not put too much stock in what Kiper says because sometimes his praise has been a career kiss of death.

delhalew
9/9/2011, 08:34 AM
You guys would rather bitch about Kiper, than discuss the Hammer's progress. Nice.

stoops the eternal pimp
9/9/2011, 08:36 AM

It really all depends what position he ends up gettting drafted at..

htownsooner7
9/9/2011, 02:56 PM
Not sure I understand how his draft value has sky rocketed like this. He looks like he might be a pretty nice player but I'd need to see much more before I say he's a potential first rounder.

stoopified
9/9/2011, 03:17 PM
I thought THE HAMMER had an NFL,now that he is on Kiper's board I figure he is Arena League bound.