PDA

View Full Version : Stretching the Truth (The Debate)

hawaii 5-0
9/7/2011, 07:43 PM
It's a frickin' Messiah Convention up on the stage.

Everyone's gonna save us all!.

Good times are here agin!

5-0

Trump/ Pinocchio 2012

MR2-Sooner86
9/7/2011, 08:46 PM
Battle of the hair pieces.

hawaii 5-0
9/7/2011, 09:12 PM
I liked Ru Paul, Huntsman and the black dude.

Perry really bought it by standing by his assertion that Social Security is a Ponzi scheme. I liked a few things he said, tho.
OK, two things, and I forgot one of them.

5-0

Trump/ Wheezer 2012

Curly Bill
9/7/2011, 09:43 PM
Do any of em have a really catchy slogan like: Hope and Change?

Cause if so that's surely someone worth voting for. :victorious:

OhU1
9/7/2011, 10:02 PM
I liked Huntsman, which means he's doomed and has absolutely no chance. Same for Newt.

Ron Paul: deregulate auto safety because the public can figure out which cars are safe. :tongue: Heard all I needed to from grandpa after that line.

Perry: Washington... Federal Government...., pause, think, look up toward ceiling, ahh, Washington...Federal Government.... repeat. Does Perry and Mary Falin share the same script writer?

hawaii 5-0
9/7/2011, 10:20 PM
I would expect some of the more-Conservative leaning posters to extoll the virtues of their favorite candidates.

There's gotta be something positive about this. Something you can hang your hat on.

Well, there's always my boy Trump. He still hasn't decided to run 3rd Party or who will run with him.

5-0

Trump/ Cooter 2012

hawaii 5-0
9/7/2011, 10:25 PM
Just sayin'..........

Hey Rick !!!!!!!!!

Your State's on fire !!!!!!!

5-0

Trump/ Ashley 2012

SCOUT
9/7/2011, 10:35 PM
Just sayin'..........

Hey Rick !!!!!!!!!

Your State's on fire !!!!!!!

5-0

Trump/ Ashley 2012

Stay Classy

hawaii 5-0
9/8/2011, 01:48 AM
Did anyone wake up Newt afterward and tell him the debate finished?

5-0

Trump/ Opie 2012

hawaii 5-0
9/8/2011, 01:51 AM
Stay Classy

We all have our priorities. Perry's doesn't seem to be the State he governs at the moment.

5-0

Trump/ Gus 2012

jk the sooner fan
9/8/2011, 07:15 AM
FEAR THE CHRISTIAN CANDIDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARGGGGGGH

OutlandTrophy
9/8/2011, 07:25 AM
I guess it's easier to try to clown the Republicans vying for their party's nomination than it is to defend/support the current President's policies.

jk the sooner fan
9/8/2011, 07:36 AM
I guess it's easier to try to clown the Republicans vying for their party's nomination than it is to defend/support the current President's policies.

+1

XingTheRubicon
9/8/2011, 07:42 AM
liberal crickets chirping

sappstuf
9/8/2011, 07:50 AM
We all have our priorities. Perry's doesn't seem to be the State he governs at the moment.

5-0

Trump/ Gus 2012

He left a scheduled nationally television forum in South Carolina and other events a couple of days ago to come back.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/rick-perry-wont-participate-gop-presidential-forum_592198.html

1200 homes are still smoking and 4 people have died and you are playing politics with it. Pretty sad.

soonercruiser
9/8/2011, 09:57 AM
liberal crickets chirping

Ideology before substance, always by the LW!
:mad: Its a mad, mad LW of the Demoncratic Party.

And, of course conservatives are really interested in what LWers have to say about conservative candidates....:jaded:
Whomever they love, are only moderate Repugs!

soonercruiser
9/8/2011, 09:58 AM
This is the Alinskian way......attack and demonize! :monkey:
Forget the issues!

soonercruiser
9/8/2011, 10:00 AM
He left a scheduled nationally television forum in South Carolina and other events a couple of days ago to come back.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/rick-perry-wont-participate-gop-presidential-forum_592198.html

1200 homes are still smoking and 4 people have died and you are playing politics with it. Pretty sad.

And, he sure came back from his vacation much sooner than Obama did in the face of disaster!
I think that the job is just more than Obama can handle!

hawaii 5-0
9/8/2011, 10:16 AM

Last night on Television it seemed Rick Perry was the one playing politics. It's his State. Maybe you should be addressing him, not me.

5-0

Trump/ Snickerdoo 2012

OhU1
9/8/2011, 10:35 AM
I'll partially agree with Cruiser, I only like the moderate Repubs as a whole. I do like some of Perry, Paul, Santorum and even Bachman's ideas but there are too many other issues they are too far out for me.

If the only legitimate choice in today's Republican Party is "hard core conservative" or you're a "liberal" - good luck in future elections.

sappstuf
9/8/2011, 10:40 AM
Last night on Television it seemed Rick Perry was the one playing politics. It's his State. Maybe you should be addressing him, not me.

5-0

Trump/ Snickerdoo 2012

Yeah it is his state.. Which means it is his state economy right? Which means he should get full credit for creating more jobs than the rest of the states combined right?

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2010/sep/23/rick-perry/gov-rick-perry-says-texas-has-created-more-850000-/

I just want to make sure you are staying consistent on giving Perry credit for what is going on in his state.

soonercruiser
9/8/2011, 10:40 AM
And, the only choice in the Demoncratic Party is the LW, liberal regressive that want to destroy the Republic!

hawaii 5-0
9/8/2011, 10:49 AM
Yeah it is his state.. Which means it is his state economy right? Which means he should get full credit for creating more jobs than the rest of the states combined right?

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2010/sep/23/rick-perry/gov-rick-perry-says-texas-has-created-more-850000-/

I just want to make sure you are staying consistent on giving Perry credit for what is going on in his state.

I'm not claiming Perry started the fires in Texas. I guess I could but it wouldn't be true. As Governor he should act more concerned for the welfare of his State's populace.

From your own link.... "Significantly, Perry doesn't overtly take personal credit for the state leading the nation in jobs gained over his years as governor."

Texas, not Perry has a booming enonomy.

Continue the spin.

5-0

Trump/ Crablips 2012

sappstuf
9/8/2011, 11:14 AM
I'm not claiming Perry started the fires in Texas. I guess I could but it wouldn't be true. As Governor he should act more concerned for the welfare of his State's populace.

From your own link.... "Significantly, Perry doesn't overtly take personal credit for the state leading the nation in jobs gained over his years as governor."

Continue the spin.

5-0

Trump/ Crablips 2012

Who has lead Texas for almost 11 years?

As far as the quote you listed above from the story that gave Perry's claim a full "true", which is pretty rare. Not every politician has to go around saying I, I, I, me, me, me, on everything. Most adults don't go around tooting their own horn all the time. President Obama is an obvious exception. I would be happy to see a little humbleness return to the White House no matter who it is. For that to happen means Obama cannot be reelected of course..

You would sound a whole lot more reasonable to give credit to Perry for leading Texas for 11 years and the economic success involved, because it can't be denied. There are other criticisms that can be made about him, but trying to make it out like he was an innocent bystander makes you sound petty and unreasonable.

It isn't Perry's fault that his strongest attributes are Obama's weakest.

XingTheRubicon
9/8/2011, 12:03 PM
I'll partially agree with Cruiser, I only like the moderate Repubs as a whole. I do like some of Perry, Paul, Santorum and even Bachman's ideas but there are too many other issues they are too far out for me.

If the only legitimate choice in today's Republican Party is "hard core conservative" or you're a "liberal" - good luck in future elections.

You mean like in 2010?

OhU1
9/8/2011, 12:11 PM
You mean like in 2010?

Know much about mid-term political cycles and voter turn out? Again, good luck. You'll end up re-electing Obama by putting up the wrong guy.

OutlandTrophy
9/8/2011, 12:19 PM

Continue the spin.

5-0

Trump/ Crablips 2012
You realize that Gov. Perry is not a firefighter, don't you?

I hope he doesn't get the Repub nomination but your blind hatred for everything not Obama is old, stale and tiresome.

5-0/Moldy Bread 2012

TUSooner
9/8/2011, 12:32 PM
And, the only choice in the Demoncratic Party is the LW, liberal regressive that want to destroy the Republic!

You forgot to mention that he's also a Muslim and the anti-Christ and secretly allied with Al Qaida. I'm sure you won't overlook it next time.

Ike
9/8/2011, 01:30 PM
Was I the only one who's irony meter shot to full when Perry invoked Galilelo?

XingTheRubicon
9/8/2011, 02:03 PM
Know much about mid-term political cycles and voter turn out? Again, good luck. You'll end up re-electing Obama by putting up the wrong guy.

Know much about mid-term cycles for the last 70 years?

Wanna bet your rent money on Obama's 2012 bid? Lemme know.

OhU1
9/8/2011, 02:04 PM
Was I the only one who's irony meter shot to full when Perry invoked Galilelo?

LOL, no! I was like WTF? Maybe Perry thinks science IS decided by popular vote and opinion. "Galileo was outvoted" I think he said (regarding the church's insistence that the Sun orbits the Earth).

OhU1
9/8/2011, 02:08 PM
Know much about mid-term cycles for the last 70 years?

Wanna bet your rent money on Obama's 2012 bid? Lemme know.

I wouldn't bet either way at this early stage. But you seem to have it figured out.

XingTheRubicon
9/14/2011, 08:31 AM
I wouldn't bet either way at this early stage. But you seem to have it figured out.

Hope this helps.

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-wins-ny-house-race-seen-obama-rebuke-035631942.html

GOP wins in NY House race, seen as Obama rebuke
New York (AP) — Republicans have scored an upset victory in a House race that started as a contest to replace Rep. Anthony Weiner after he resigned in a sexting scandal but became a referendum on President Barack Obama's economic policies.

Retired media executive and political novice Bob Turner defeated Democratic state Assemblyman David Weprin on Tuesday in the special election to fill the seat vacated by Weiner, a seven-term Democrat who resigned in June.

With more than 80 percent of precincts reporting, Turner had 54 percent of the vote to Weprin's 46 percent in unofficial results.

"We've been asked by the people of this district to send a message to Washington," Turner told supporters after the landmark win. "I hope they hear it loud and clear. We've been told this is a referendum. Mr. President, we are on the wrong track. We have had it with an irresponsible fiscal policy which endangers the entire economy."

Weprin did not immediately concede.

The heavily Democratic district, which spans parts of Queens and Brooklyn, had never sent a Republican to the House. But frustration with the continued weak national economy gave Republicans the edge.

Turner has vowed to bring business practicality to Washington and push back on spending and taxes.

The race was supposed to be an easy win for Democrats, who have a 3-1 ratio registration advantage in the district.

Weprin, a 56-year-old Orthodox Jew and member of a prominent Queens political family, seemed a good fit for the largely white, working-class district, which is nearly 40 percent Jewish.

But voter frustration with Obama put Weprin in the unlikely spot of playing defense. A Siena Poll released Friday found just 43 percent of likely voters approved of the president's job performance, while 54 percent said they disapproved. Among independents, just 29 percent said they approved of Obama's job performance.

Turner, a 70-year-old Catholic, vowed to push back on Obama's policies if elected. He received help from prominent Republicans including former Mayor Rudy Giuliani, whose much-praised stewardship of the city after the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks was recalled during the 10th anniversary of the attacks last weekend.

Weprin became embroiled in New York-centric disputes over Israel and gay marriage, which cost him some support among Jewish voters.

Orthodox Jews, who tend to be conservative on social issues, expressed anger over Weprin's vote in the Assembly to legalize gay marriage. In July, New York became one of six states to recognize same-sex nuptials.

Former Mayor Ed Koch, a Democrat, endorsed Turner in July as a way to "send a message" to Obama on his policies toward Israel. And Weprin was challenged on his support of a proposed Islamic center and mosque near the World Trade Center site, in lower Manhattan.

The Democratic Party enlisted two of its biggest guns, former President Bill Clinton and Gov. Andrew Cuomo, to record phone calls for Weprin. And Democrats relied on organized labor and other affiliated groups to bring voters to the polls.

The House seat opened up when Weiner was pushed by party leaders to resign after sending sexually provocative tweets and text messages to women he met online.

The trouble for Weiner, who served seven terms, began when a photo of a man's crotch surfaced on his Twitter feed. He initially denied the photo was of him but later admitted it was.

Weiner, who's married, resigned June 16 after two weeks of fighting off pressure to step aside. He apologized for "the embarrassment that I have caused" and said he hoped to continue to fight for the causes dear to his constituents.

In a special election in May, Democrat Kathy Hochul won a heavily Republican upstate district after pledging to protect Medicare, the popular government health care plan for seniors.

The state replaced outdated lever-operated voting machines last year in favor of paper ballots and optical scanners, which take more time to close and process. Polls closed at 9 p.m. Tuesday, and results trickled in slowly, but a Board of Elections spokeswoman said the vote-tallying system ran smoothly and there were no problems to report.

sappstuf
9/14/2011, 08:54 AM
Hope this helps.

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-wins-ny-house-race-seen-obama-rebuke-035631942.html

Xing,

that seat has only been controlled by the Dems since 1922... Until this election, the lowest percentage of voters the Dem candidate had received in that district was over 60%.

badger
9/14/2011, 09:01 AM
I should vote against Rick Perry just because his state caused the destruction of the Big 12 :mad:

:mack:

XingTheRubicon
9/14/2011, 09:06 AM
Xing,

that seat has only been controlled by the Dems since 1922... Until this election, the lowest percentage of voters the Dem candidate had received in that district was over 60%.

Yeah, this is getting kind of scary. If the R's get control of both House and Senate or God forbid super majority, and the white house...they may actually go door to door and shoot poor people. I want conservatives with control, but I don't want either party with too much control.

bigfatjerk
9/14/2011, 09:18 AM

There's nothing in Perry or Romney's record that's actually conservative. If they win the election it'll be more the same stuff we just had. The problem is there's not a difference between Bush, Obama and most of the republicans candidates. All of them are basically the same

JohnnyMack
9/14/2011, 09:25 AM

How about this: Barack Obama AND Romney & Perry (the only two left with a shot at winning) are ALL piles of steamy dog doo.

TUSooner
9/14/2011, 09:39 AM
*** I want conservatives with control, but I don't want either party with too much control.

This ^^^^. I want conservatives with brains and sense in control.

bigfatjerk
9/14/2011, 10:46 AM
I want people that'll spend less money in control don't care if it's a donkey or elephant. The donkeys and their 4 years of control of both houses showed they were big fans of the Bush agenda so they needed to go.