PDA

View Full Version : found this little guy walking on the patio

OUHOMER
9/7/2011, 05:59 PM
Just as lost as he could be.

olevetonahill
9/7/2011, 06:03 PM
Used to be one hanging around here. Id go out side and it would be there on the tree, Id pick him up and hed ride around on my shoulder while I was out side. Id get ready to come in id put him back on the tree. I think the Cats ate him tho.

pphilfran
9/7/2011, 06:37 PM
Just to the bottom left of the little critter Is that a piece of a finger?:fat:

OUHOMER
9/7/2011, 06:47 PM
It does dont it. Umm i guess i should go put up a missing finger poster

Breadburner
9/7/2011, 07:08 PM
Probably an Aggies middle finger......:smug:

Lott's Bandana
9/7/2011, 07:17 PM
I have one of those.

I took a photo of him with a beer bottle beside him, for perspective.

His name is now John Courage.

OUHOMER
9/7/2011, 07:47 PM
I have one of those.

His name is now John Courage. I would have put my hand down there but i was afraid he might bite. So I cut my finger off and laid it beside him for perspective.:rapture:

Lott's Bandana
9/7/2011, 09:57 PM
I would have put my hand down there but i was afraid he might bite. So I cut my finger off and laid it beside him for perspective.:rapture:

You fed him?

Just like a cat, feed 'em and they never leave. He'll be around at least 20 more days...

silverwheels
9/7/2011, 10:27 PM
I have one of those.

His name is now John Courage.

When I first read this, I thought it said "beer bottle inside him" and was like whoa, that's kinky.

hawaii 5-0
9/7/2011, 10:28 PM
They're excellent insect eaters.

5-0

cleller
9/8/2011, 07:15 AM
I used to see (and catch) those regularly when I was a kid. The last 20 years or so, I've seen very few. Seems like they are just beginning a comeback.
Scorpions, on the other hand are doing fine. Our house in the sticks has been finished just over a year now. Still catching scorpions on glue traps. Luckily, those things like to hug the baseboards.

C&CDean
9/8/2011, 09:00 AM
Haven't seen too many tarantulas lately, but galdamn the scorpions are thick. I was shaving yesterday and one goes across the counter by the sink. Smacked him with a tube of toothpaste. Had one in the hallway a few days ago too. No water so they're coming inside.

NormanPride
9/8/2011, 09:41 AM
Prepare for incoming pg negspek.

soonercruiser
9/8/2011, 09:45 AM
Used to be one hanging around here. Id go out side and it would be there on the tree, Id pick him up and hed ride around on my shoulder while I was out side. Id get ready to come in id put him back on the tree. I think the Cats ate him tho.

Don't believe you vet!
WE know you are hard-up and ate the critter for dinner!
Did you Bar-B-Q it?
:tongue:

Lott's Bandana
9/8/2011, 09:47 AM
Prepare for incoming pg negspek.

OH YEAH! Forgot about that...this could be good.

olevetonahill
9/8/2011, 10:44 AM
Haven't seen too many tarantulas lately, but galdamn the scorpions are thick. I was shaving yesterday and one goes across the counter by the sink. Smacked him with a tube of toothpaste. Had one in the hallway a few days ago too. No water so they're coming inside.
20 years ago when I 1st moved on the Hill, Both were very abundant here. Haven't seen either in the last 2 years er so .

yankee
9/8/2011, 12:05 PM
Weird, just saw a tarantula for the first time in the wild about a week ago, in Norman.

Peach Fuzz
9/8/2011, 03:08 PM
I don't know what it is but usually in the late summer, I could see about 10 or so a day running across the yard. I've only seen 2 this year and they were very skinny. +1 on the scorpions, it's a money year for those creeps.