PDA

View Full Version : The Texas Conference - Incorporated 2012

Lott's Bandana
9/7/2011, 03:30 PM
Why don't these cultish fingersymbol-loving agitators just pull it all together and create an intra-state conference?

Bring aTm back and create the Texas Conference (or insert name here):

Texas
Baylor
SMU
Houston
Texas Tech
A&M
TCU
Rice
UTSA
North Texas

Whorn gets to be the big kahuna, aTm might actually be competitive and Baylor preserves it's man-crush on other sweaty Texans.

WINNAR

soonerbub
9/7/2011, 03:49 PM
Add the Fighting Frans of texass st & UTEP so they can have the texass xii with LBJ & GWB divisions and play for the President's Spittoon

chicken dinnah

SoonerPride
9/7/2011, 03:50 PM
Wasn't that what the Southwest conference was after Arkansas left?

Lott's Bandana
9/7/2011, 03:55 PM
Wasn't that what the Southwest conference was after Arkansas left?

Precisely.

(except the ones that weren't)

OU figured out the folly of dealing with all this after 4 years, in 1919.

NormanPride
9/7/2011, 04:03 PM
Then we can sell the state to Mexico or China or something and pay off our debts without worry of football ramifications!

bluedogok
9/7/2011, 05:07 PM
A&M is not coming back to the Big 12 or a conference with Texas, they feel like they finally are getting away from an abusive relative.

SoonerMom2
9/7/2011, 05:17 PM
Cannot believe the bottom feeders in football are telling A&M they cannot leave until OU commits to the Big 12. Why hold a school hostage that wants to leave?

We should have left for the SEC with A&M and been done with it.

The Maestro
9/7/2011, 05:18 PM
I'd go ahead and add Sul Ross and Howard Payne...but that's just me.

bluedogok
9/7/2011, 05:25 PM
I'd go ahead and add Sul Ross and Howard Payne...but that's just me.
Prairie View A&M......then they have an Aggie team that UT can beat consistently.

PLaw
9/7/2011, 08:38 PM
Why don't these cultish fingersymbol-loving agitators just pull it all together and create an intra-state conference?

Bring aTm back and create the Texas Conference (or insert name here):

Texas
Baylor
SMU
Houston
Texas Tech
A&M
TCU
Rice
UTSA
North Texas

Whorn gets to be the big kahuna, aTm might actually be competitive and Baylor preserves it's man-crush on other sweaty Texans.

WINNAR

You only have ten teams. Why not add UTEP and Texas State, then you can have a Championship game at Jerry World which "*" will win every year. When "*" does not win every year, they will call the NCAA and this conference will melt down just like the SWC and Big 12. Can there ever be a "stable" conference with "*"? Doubtful.

BOOMER

Jdog
9/7/2011, 08:58 PM
Run away aggies, run away! Get the heck away from the psyhcopathic longhorns. They want to control everything ----- maybe even Rick Perry's campaign. Now their trying to hold onto OU to keep the LHN. They even have the Pokes buying into their scheme.
I want the opportunity to play in the rose bowl! I want four 16 team conferences so we can get a final 4 in football. I want the horns to go to the Big ten so they have to compete in the frozen tundra!