PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Mantle's in Bricktown

Lawton4Life
9/7/2011, 11:26 AM
How is this joint in Bricktown? Going to take the wife to Bricktown for her Bday (we live in Texas) over the Ball State weekend. Is it on par with the Ruth's Chris and whatnot of the world?

OutlandTrophy
9/7/2011, 11:28 AM
It's a nice steakhouse. I don't know about Ruth's Chris.

jumperstop
9/7/2011, 11:31 AM
Idk what Ruth Chrises is, but it's good food.

Turd_Ferguson
9/7/2011, 11:33 AM
Ruth's Chris is absolutely on par with a fillet from Outback...

SoonerLaw09
9/7/2011, 11:33 AM
Only eaten there once, but my steak was excellent. They are awfully proud of their food, though, and they try at being a fancy restaurant and not just a steak house. Easy for 2 people to drop $70-$100 on dinner. IMO The Mantel (which is across the street) has just as good if not better food, and the prices are quite a bit more reasonable, although they do have expensive items as well, i.e. if you get the daily specials expect to pay a lot more. Order off the menu and you're fine. 'Course, if you are *looking* to drop some serious coin, either place will do nicely.

Boomer.....
9/7/2011, 11:35 AM
Ruth's Chris is absolutely on par with a fillet from Outback...

You're crazy! Best filet I ever ate was at Ruth's Chris.

Lawton4Life
9/7/2011, 11:35 AM
Only eaten there once, but my steak was excellent. They are awfully proud of their food, though, and they try at being a fancy restaurant and not just a steak house. Easy for 2 people to drop $70-$100 on dinner. IMO The Mantel (which is across the street) has just as good if not better food, and the prices are quite a bit more reasonable, although they do have expensive items as well, i.e. if you get the daily specials expect to pay a lot more. Order off the menu and you're fine. 'Course, if you are *looking* to drop some serious coin, either place will do nicely.

Tell me about it re: the Mantel, we went there for a Bachelor Party Dinner once and we all went off menu with the special and it was 2x the menu cost for similar items! It was good though.

Turd_Ferguson
9/7/2011, 11:47 AM
You're crazy! Best filet I ever ate was at Ruth's Chris.I used to eat them at Chris's steak house before Ruth bought it...Outback hangs with them.

yermom
9/7/2011, 11:49 AM
i've had decent to really good steaks at Outback, i've had incredible steaks at Ruth's Chris

Turd_Ferguson
9/7/2011, 11:51 AM
i've had decent to really good steaks at Outback, i've had incredible steaks at Ruth's ChrisYou should meet me at MY Outback...you can buy us both a fillet and then be the judge...

yermom
9/7/2011, 12:41 PM
are they going to give me the "Turd Special"?

TUSooner
9/7/2011, 02:06 PM
I used to eat them at Chris's steak house before Ruth bought it...Outback hangs with them.

Each to his own taste, but I think you're talking some doo-doo. Who cares what steaks were like at Chris before Ruth Fertel. (How old are you anyway?! :biggrin: ) During Ruth's reign, the steaks were the best anywhere. Even after Ruth they're pretty darn excellent, though the whole experience seems to have dropped off a bit since Ruth's passed and the place became a chain.

Mississippi Sooner
9/7/2011, 02:12 PM
I don't wanna eat at any place that makes people spit a little when they say the name.

C&CDean
9/7/2011, 02:13 PM
My only beef with MM's is that it's not consistent. I've had one of the best steaks ever - and one of the worst steaks ever at that place. It is a nice place, and the manager made it all good (replaced the bad steak with a great one, gave us some wine and dessert). And yes, if you drink alcohol along with dinner you can't escape for less than about $120-150 - depending on what you drink. If you order bottle/s of wine, it can go way up beyond that.

It's a good place to take a date.

Turd_Ferguson
9/7/2011, 04:00 PM
(How old are you anyway?! :biggrin: )No where near old enough to have ate at Chris Steak House...I was just try'n to get Boomer fired up:biggrin:

bluedogok
9/7/2011, 05:33 PM
If you have ever eaten at the Kirby's Steakhouses in Southlake, San Antonio or The Woodlands, you would have a similar meal at Mickey Mantle's, they are the owner/operator of Mickey Mantle's Steakhouse. The times that I have eaten there the food has been very good.

It is a special place to me, the JDM Place renovation project was my first big project that I managed and had significant design input on. The restaurant architects were out of Dallas but we had to do a lot of design coordination and I got many of my ideas implemented.

jharkins
9/7/2011, 07:27 PM
+1 for the mantle. I really miss that place. Much better atmosphere in my opinion. Nice patio as well.

A Sooner in Texas
9/7/2011, 08:42 PM
If you have ever eaten at the Kirby's Steakhouses in Southlake, San Antonio or The Woodlands, you would have a similar meal at Mickey Mantle's, they are the owner/operator of Mickey Mantle's Steakhouse. The times that I have eaten there the food has been very good.

It is a special place to me, the JDM Place renovation project was my first big project that I managed and had significant design input on. The restaurant architects were out of Dallas but we had to do a lot of design coordination and I got many of my ideas implemented.

Kirby's is pretty awesome and expensive. Their lobster risotto is nirvana.

Boomer.....
9/8/2011, 07:37 AM
I personally haven't been to MM but you also might check out Red Prime. It is another swanky steak house and is also downtown. Very cool atmosphere.

soonerbrat
9/8/2011, 08:32 AM
I would go Red Prime over MM's but my favorite is the Mantel.