PDA

View Full Version : Aggies to the SEC

BASSooner
9/6/2011, 09:30 PM
Looks like they got their invite.

http://tamu.scout.com/2/1103665.html

Sooner5030
9/6/2011, 09:34 PM
Good luck! Hope we can still work out something for the BIG12-3.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
9/6/2011, 09:46 PM
OU to the Pac-12 pretty much becomes official with this too, for all intense and purposes. Oh well, Go West Young Man!

thecynic
9/6/2011, 09:48 PM
wha? when did this come about?

SoonerMom2
9/6/2011, 09:50 PM
Big 12 is not a viable conference with A&M gone -- A&M and OU were the only ones willing to take on Texas so what reason would we have to stay in a conference ran by Beebe. Question becomes if TX will go to a conference where everyone is treated the same and cannot take their Longhorn Network as it is today. Will ESPN have a say on whether UT will go or stay and make a TX Conf with the left over Big 12 schools. No way MO puts up with that or Tech IMHO!

SoonerMom2
9/6/2011, 09:52 PM
wha? when did this come about?

There was a meeting of SEC Commissioners tonight. The folks on Texas Ags tracked the planes to Atlanta knowing they had already submitted their application. Substantiated rumors had OU leaving if A&M left for the SEC and the one conference who would take OSU is the PAC 12.

salth2o
9/6/2011, 10:12 PM
One of my good friends is a Whorn fan and was in Austin for the Rice game. During the MOB's halftime show, the announcer made a comment that the with the Aggies leaving the conference, the overall IQ in the Big XII and the SEC just increased. Gotta love the MOB sense of humor. :D

Sabanball
9/6/2011, 10:26 PM
I'd have rather had you guys, but TAMU is a respectable program that I think will adapt well to the SEC.

Jdog
9/6/2011, 10:42 PM
LHN isn't as successful as expected - Only cable companies that have contracts are Verizon Fios and Grande.... The rest is via subscription.

LosAngelesSooner
9/6/2011, 10:51 PM
One of my good friends is a Whorn fan and was in Austin for the Rice game. During the MOB's halftime show, the announcer made a comment that the with the Aggies leaving the conference, the overall IQ in the Big XII and the SEC just increased. Gotta love the MOB sense of humor. :DHey, he stole that from Will Rogers.

Sooner Cal
9/6/2011, 11:04 PM
The Big XII is dead, long live the PAC 16.

It took OU, A&M, and Nebraska to keep Texas from tanking the conference. uT caused the SWC to fold and then they did it to the Big XII. Don't know why anyone would want them.

UT is the world's greatest underperformer. They have all the money, get the lions share of top Texas high school players and still can't dominate. Their greed knows no limit.

GottaHavePride
9/6/2011, 11:16 PM
Good luck! Hope we can still work out something for the BIG12-3.

Yep. It's called last one out turn off the lights.

BASSooner
9/7/2011, 01:00 AM
Just got CRAZIER:

http://texas.rivals.com/default.asp?SR=RivalsFP

Not sure if this is true or if it's a political smokescreen by Chip Brown.

SicEmBaylor
9/7/2011, 01:27 AM
Just got CRAZIER:

http://texas.rivals.com/default.asp?SR=RivalsFP

Not sure if this is true or if it's a political smokescreen by Chip Brown.

Just saw this over on BF's. Wow. This makes things a **** load more interesting for us.

This is fantastic. If there is one thing that Baylor has (especially over Aggie), it's an absolute **** load of litigators and attorneys that are faithful alumni of our fine little institution.

As Nancy Grace says, "Unleash the lawyers!"

SicEmBaylor
9/7/2011, 01:31 AM
Hell, our President is Kenneth Starr! Kenneth F'n (pun intended) Starr!

I'd litigate Aggie's *** to the end times unless we get something out of it.

sooner59
9/7/2011, 01:32 AM
Oh gawddammit. I sware. Lets just admit this sh1t isn't going to work for the conference. A&M would be embarrassed beyond belief if they didn't get in now. They would lobby the PAC 12 in order to leave. And they would listen. This conference is dead. Its just a matter of time. It sucks. I was happy with the original Big 12. But its over. There a shot in the dark that if A&M is forced to stay and nobody takes them, that we could entice a couple of teams to come to the Big 12 and stay legit. But I just don't see it happening.

BASSooner
9/7/2011, 01:47 AM
Just saw this over on BF's. Wow. This makes things a **** load more interesting for us.

This is fantastic. If there is one thing that Baylor has (especially over Aggie), it's an absolute **** load of litigators and attorneys that are faithful alumni of our fine little institution.

As Nancy Grace says, "Unleash the lawyers!"

The only thing that Baylor would be doing though is delaying the inevitable. Yes you could try to sue for as much money as possible out of aggie but in the long-run, you just lost a rival. A BIG one. Even after all is said and done, What can Baylor do next? I can assure you that if the bears do this, aggie will refuse to play with them...for a LONG time. Even if there is yet another conference realignment where A&M has leverage and is BU's only chance for any type of prestige is to please them... they could kiss this goodbye as well.

Though i do say this because I want the aggies to leave so OU can go west. Just start from the bottom and work your way up. TCU did that and look we're they're at right now.

Oh and also, I think Baylor will eventually waive their right to sue. Apparently, Big12-9 (or Beebe) waived it's right to sue A&M so this has to be a clue that he THINKS/INTENDS to keep the conference alive. Otherwise, the Big 12 would sue. BU suing alone makes them look foolish by not only the aggs but to the entire country. That action alone would tell the nation that they are just trying to mooch off as much money as possible.

SicEmBaylor
9/7/2011, 02:06 AM
The only thing that Baylor would be doing though is delaying the inevitable. Yes you could try to sue for as much money as possible out of aggie but in the long-run, you just lost a rival. A BIG one. Even after all is said and done, What can Baylor do next? I can assure you that if the bears do this, aggie will refuse to play with them...for a LONG time. Even if there is yet another conference realignment where A&M has leverage and is BU's only chance for any type of prestige is to please them... they could kiss this goodbye as well.

Though i do say this because I want the aggies to leave so OU can go west. Just start from the bottom and work your way up. TCU did that and look we're they're at right now.

Oh and also, I think Baylor will eventually waive their right to sue. Apparently, Big12-9 (or Beebe) waived it's right to sue A&M so this has to be a clue that he THINKS/INTENDS to keep the conference alive. Otherwise, the Big 12 would sue. BU suing alone makes them look foolish by not only the aggs but to the entire country. That action alone would tell the nation that they are just trying to mooch off as much money as possible.'

I think you're missing the proper angle in all of this. The Aggies know EXACTLY who has been working behind the scenes letting the SEC and member schools know that litigation was a possibility if they bolted. This condition from the SEC is 100% our doing -- I'd bet my left testicle on that. Everyone in the state of Texas knows it.

The thing is, it isn't about actually suing them. It's about threatening to sue them. If the SEC sticks by this condition then Baylor is going to have some conditions that will need to be met in order for us to waive our right to litigate. My guess is that they'll need to fork over a large pile of cash.

Baylor is doing this for itself but also for those other Big XII schools (ISU) that won't have a soft-landing when the conference realignment is said and done.

SicEmBaylor
9/7/2011, 02:08 AM
As someone on a whorn site said:
You cannot make this **** up! Aggy badmouths Baylor constantly. Aggy can't go without Baylor's non litigation signature. Baylor signature is paramount tantamount to their own BCS death. Baylor is headed by a notorious litigation enthusiast!

LASooner
9/7/2011, 03:11 AM
I don't think the SEC cares if anyone sues A&M, I think they care if any of them sue the SEC.

In other news, details are sketchy but sources also indicate that the SEC presidents gave SEC Commissioner Mike Slive the authority to negotiate with both Missouri (http://missouri.scout.com/) andWest Virginia (http://westvirginia.scout.com/)

But if they go after Missouri and Mizz accepts that pretty much kills the conference anyway, and all the dominoes fall. But there was a thread earlier, saying Chip Brown's articles were garbage and now we're accepting them as gospel?

SicEmBaylor
9/7/2011, 03:13 AM
I don't think the SEC cares if anyone sues A&M, I think they care if any of them sue the SEC.

But if they go after Missouri and Mizz accepts that pretty much kills the conference anyway, and all the dominoes fall. But there was a thread earlier, saying Chip Brown's articles were garbage and now we're accepting them as gospel?

Liucci has confirmed as well, FWIW.

Widescreen
9/7/2011, 06:41 AM
If there's one thing that promotes conference stability it's lawsuits. :rolleyes:

I understand Baylor desperately trying to hold the Big 12 together but slinging lawsuits around is not going to do that (long term).

ouflak
9/7/2011, 07:11 AM
Baylor is about to become the untouchable school conference-wise. Can you imagine the kind of friends they'll make if they sue the SEC? If I was the SunBelt, I wouldn't go near that school with a 2000 mile (average road-trip distance) pole, much less Conf. USA or the WAC.

Bourbon St Sooner
9/7/2011, 08:54 AM
I'd have rather had you guys, but TAMU is a cult that will fit in well to the SEC.

FTFY.

NormanPride
9/7/2011, 09:09 AM
I cannot wait to leave Baylor behind so we never have to see Kim Sulkey-Skeletor ever again.