PDA

View Full Version : The end of college football??

landrun
9/6/2011, 08:54 PM
OU to the PAC?? No OU/Texas. No OU/Nebraska

Why would I even watch now!!??? To see OU get hosed in Oregon every other year? :mad:

I hate the PAC10/12 schools. HATE THEM. It is the LAST conference I'd want us to be a part of.
Now the possibility of no OU/Texas with OU/Nebraska already being history. I love hating Texas. I love beating them.. especially when we do a 63-14 on them.

But everything I love about college football is being destroyed.

This could turn out horrible! :offended:

If we join the PAC and end the OU/TX game, I'm not sure I'm interested. :sleeping:
I'll be playing a lot of golf in the fall.

LosAngelesSooner
9/6/2011, 08:59 PM

Why would I even watch now!!??? To see OU get hosed in Oregon every other year? :mad:

I hate the PAC10/12 schools. HATE THEM. It is the LAST conference I'd want us to be a part of.
Now the possibility of no OU/Texas with OU/Nebraska already being history. I love hating Texas. I love beating them.. especially when we do a 63-14 on them.

If we join the PAC and end the OU/TX game, I'm not sure I'm interested. :sleeping:
I don't know whether to post the "Chicken Little" image or the "Curly Bill" image.

P.S. - Those of you who "hate the PAC-12" really have no reason to hate them other than "their politics." They are good schools with good football and good tradition and their money spends just as well as the SEC's. Get over it.

CatfishSooner
9/6/2011, 09:16 PM
WAHHHHHHHHHHHH

ouwasp
9/6/2011, 09:16 PM
The only way I'll "not care" about OU football is if we get another DA like Blake, Schnelly, or Gibbs as head coach. Well, Gibbs wasn't exactly a DA, he was just in over his head. I actually went to sleep during a Blake game once...

As for the Pac-10... hey, things change. Maybe this will be good somehow.

MichiganSooner
9/6/2011, 09:18 PM
For decades, OU and Texas were not in the same league but they played every year.

A Sooner in Texas
9/6/2011, 09:18 PM
Oh, you'll watch. And you'll like it.

prrriiide
9/6/2011, 09:29 PM
Oh, you'll watch. And you'll like it.

I bet you say that to all the husbands.

LosAngelesSooner
9/6/2011, 10:43 PM
The only way I'LL no longer care about Sooner football is if someone captures, tortures and brainwashes me into not caring. Because even when I die, I'll be Sooner dead.

Go hit the links now, ya bandwagoneer.

texas bandman
9/6/2011, 11:00 PM
OU is my alma mater...it's the only place I ever wanted to go to school. I'll be rooting the Sooners no matter who,what or where they play. BOOOMER!

delhalew
9/6/2011, 11:21 PM

I empathize with being completely underwhelmed at the prospect of taking part in PAC football.

Funny thought...this overtaking of college football by greed over tv dollars can be traced to a positive that we brought about. We fought the NCAA for control of tv contracts which meant we could be televised more than twice a year, line our pockets.

Look at what our Gollum has grown up to be...a proper monster that destroys everything it sees.

Unintended consequences...oops...our bad.

silverwheels
9/6/2011, 11:40 PM
Funny thought...this overtaking of college football by greed over tv dollars can be traced to a positive that we brought about. We fought the NCAA for control of tv contracts which meant we could be televised more than twice a year, line our pockets.

Look at what our Gollum has grown up to be...a proper monster that destroys everything it sees.

Unintended consequences...oops...our bad.

I thought about that the other day as well. Unintentional butterfly effect. At least it won't bring about our own demise, though. OU is going to wreck people's **** wherever it goes.

delhalew
9/6/2011, 11:42 PM
I thought about that the other day as well. Unintentional butterfly effect. At least it won't bring about our own demise, though. OU is going to wreck people's **** wherever it goes.
Silver lining:D

SOONER44EVER
9/7/2011, 04:00 AM
I'll always care about Sooner football but they sure are making it difficult.

WA. Sooner
9/7/2011, 05:37 AM
I will ALWAYS follow OU football. But I wish people would stop trying to make college football into the NFL.
It is the traditions and pageantry that makes college football superior to the NFL.

swardboy
9/7/2011, 05:44 AM
Are you kidding me? I'm relishing the prospect of taking the hallowed spectre of Sooner football into new venues. Let them shake at the at the seismic event of Sooner dominance. We'll wreck havoc up and down the west coast and the desert lands. And then we'll begin the pillaging of the soCal virgins (recruits) as the lamentations go forth to the heavens! Hahahahahahaha..............

GameWarden
9/7/2011, 07:02 AM
The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.

Greed has diminished the game. IMO.
In many ways TV money improved college football. Gave us more games, better games and more access. But this scramble to make MORE!! and MORE!! seems to be counterproductive. A lot of the tradition is leaving the game??

ouflak
9/7/2011, 07:13 AM
If you guys think this is bad, just wait until start playing players... ;)

Lawton4Life
9/7/2011, 08:30 AM
Ok, what happend in Oregon FIVE years ago was a fluke. It's not going to happen everytime we play them for pete's sake.