PDA

View Full Version : Taps

IndySooner
9/6/2011, 08:49 PM
Can you hear it?

Early reports out of the SEC meetings say A&M got the necessary votes and will join the SEC.

Big XII is dead.

SoonerMarkVA
9/6/2011, 08:54 PM
Pretty sure I heard it last summer. This unholy alliance of Beebe, desperate to maintain relevance, and ESPN, apparently needing just enough time to rope in the LHN, is all that kept the collapse from happening last year. This has been a Dead Conference Walking since Nebraska decided to leave. A&M did nothing but speed up the walk.

landrun
9/6/2011, 08:55 PM
Let's join Nebraska in the Big Ten then.

SicEmBaylor
9/6/2011, 09:07 PM
Let's join Nebraska in the Big Ten then.

This is what I think the best fit for OU would be. I don't understand the desire to go to the Pac-?.

silverwheels
9/6/2011, 09:23 PM
Big Ten won't take OSU. Hell, they may not even take OU. That's why Boren wants the Pac-12 before any other option now that A&M is gone.

Partial Qualifier
9/6/2011, 09:37 PM
My order of preference:

1) SEC
2) PAC
3) B1G
1,843) Stay in the shell of Big XII

Sooner5030
9/6/2011, 09:40 PM
1. BIG 12
2. Loose athletic affiliation with OU/OSU/TTU/UT and BYU and some others.
3. Talk all the non-supers into a playoff.
4. Submit to the coasts and join the PAC.
5. Submit to the rustbelt and join the B1G

MyT Oklahoma
9/6/2011, 09:46 PM
Burp!

hawaii 5-0
9/6/2011, 09:58 PM
Take Hostages.

Issue Demands.

Settle for OUr own Network.

5-0

GottaHavePride
9/6/2011, 11:14 PM
This is what I think the best fit for OU would be. I don't understand the desire to go to the Pac-?.

Ding.

My preference is current B1G plus OU, TX, ND, &1. (Maybe Mizzou or KU for the KC market?)

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll get that, so I'm ok with the PAC-X. However, if Texas balks, forget taking Taco Tech. Then we should take OU, OSU, KU, MU to the PAC-X.

delhalew
9/6/2011, 11:24 PM
You are not alone. I am here with you...

LosAngelesSooner
9/6/2011, 11:37 PM
Let's join Nebraska in the Big Ten then.VOMIT

LosAngelesSooner
9/6/2011, 11:39 PM
Let me repeat, in case I wasn't clear.

OU to the Big 10?

VOMIT

SicEmBaylor
9/6/2011, 11:47 PM
Let me repeat, in case I wasn't clear.

OU to the Big 10?

VOMIT

So, what you're saying is that you're increasingly stoked at the possibility of being in the same conference as Nebraska and Ohio State?

SoonerMom2
9/6/2011, 11:52 PM
Have any of you visited Big 10 cities -- they are cold and gray in the fall -- so is Chicago but it at least has great food. In fact the number of days of sun in Ohio is not that great. I grew up in Ohio and no thanks to the Big 10. If you think TX is arrogant, welcome to the OSU.

Much prefer going West. Used to live in Yucaipa, CA, and loved going down to the beach and a lot of other attractions. Nothing like driving through Pasadena and then into the parking lot for the Rose Bowl. You look up and there it -- something you have seen on TV for years.

If you like gambling, make a stop in Vegas if you are going west!

SicEmBaylor
9/7/2011, 12:15 AM
Have any of you visited Big 10 cities -- they are cold and gray in the fall -- so is Chicago but it at least has great food. In fact the number of days of sun in Ohio is not that great. I grew up in Ohio and no thanks to the Big 10. If you think TX is arrogant, welcome to the OSU.

Much prefer going West. Used to live in Yucaipa, CA, and loved going down to the beach and a lot of other attractions. Nothing like driving through Pasadena and then into the parking lot for the Rose Bowl. You look up and there it -- something you have seen on TV for years.

If you like gambling, make a stop in Vegas if you are going west!

Of course it's cold. It's football. It's played in the fall/winter -- it's supposed to be cold. Football isn't a fair weather p***y sport.

SoonerMarkVA
9/7/2011, 09:08 AM
Ding.

My preference is current B1G plus OU, TX, ND, &1. (Maybe Mizzou or KU for the KC market?)

Unfortunately, I don't think we'll get that, so I'm ok with the PAC-X. However, if Texas balks, forget taking Taco Tech. Then we should take OU, OSU, KU, MU to the PAC-X.

I agree--that would be cool. But it's fantasy. OU and ut won't make ND see the light about joining the B1G. Boren looks to be fully committed to looking out for little bro, so unless that 4th spot is OSU (which is fantasy orders of magnitude even greater), then we would not look at that as our first option.

I also would be happy with OU, A&M, ut and someone else (MU or KU) going tot he SEC. Also not going to happen.

As to your last comment, absolutely: Taco Tech is nothing but a compromise to throw at Texas legislature to smooth things over for ut. If ut goes nose in the air, then Tech can wallow in ut's muck. OU, OSU, MU, KU, and CU would make a nice consolation "Big 8". In fact, think about it: if NU hadn't bolted, and the 6 of us had joined up with UA and ASU for an eastern Pac-16 division, that would have been an awesome upgrade for the original Big 8. Anyway, yeah, I sincerely hope that Tech is 100% dependent on ut buying in.