PDA

View Full Version : Filming of Texas High School Football Game Not Allowed!

sooner59
9/6/2011, 04:59 PM
Al Jazeera...that's right, you heard me. Al Jazeera tried to film a high school football game in Booker, Texas. Wasn't allowed.

NICE TRY TEXAS!!! We all know what you are trying to do here. Deloss Dodds trying to get around the NCAA rulings by teaming up with Al Jazeera. I see through your plan!:gary:

:tongue: :texan:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/al-jazeera-journalist-not-allowed-film-texas-high-164258433.html

jumperstop
9/6/2011, 05:46 PM
It's like Borat, except with a real TV network that people directly connect to Bin Laden. Any news regarding terrorist or anything of that nature, was always cited to Al Jazeera in the years after 9/11. It's not justified, but you can why people would be apprehensive to let them film their football game. He should have just said he was with the LHN and they would have let him right in.

LASooner
9/6/2011, 05:57 PM
Fun Fact: More people see Al Jazeera than LHN

jumperstop
9/6/2011, 05:59 PM

I bet there are more UT grads suscribed to Al Jazeera than LHN.

oudavid1
9/6/2011, 06:29 PM
Even though i dont like it, I think the school has a right to say no. But he can come to my (old) high school and film anytime. I like the idea of the story and I dont see any negatives coming from it.

opksooner
9/6/2011, 08:26 PM
So, mcbrown can't direct a 'cruit to follow a link to Al Jazeera to see his highlights. What a pity!

Curly Bill
9/6/2011, 08:36 PM
Anyone ever been to Booker Texas? Talk about in the middle of nowhere.

Sooner_Tuf
9/7/2011, 12:39 AM

Yeah I go through there all the time.

Curly Bill
9/7/2011, 01:26 AM
For what? :tongue:

oudavid1
9/7/2011, 06:52 PM

I just google earthed it. You were not kidding.

DarrellZero
9/7/2011, 06:58 PM

Aren't they the same thing?

Jdog
9/7/2011, 10:44 PM
LHN is on fios here I Keller - and they're showing replays of high school games.

sooner59
9/8/2011, 12:14 AM
How about we get SoonerVision revved up and continuously show high school clips with clips of OU beating texas thrown in?

papawlambert
9/8/2011, 04:44 PM
My Grandson's game tonight will be shown live worldwide on the internet. He plays for the Garland, Texas Owls. It allows one Son to watch it in Kalifornia and another to watch it in Virginia. http://www.icblivetv.com/show/garlandfootball
Papaw

soonersweetie
9/8/2011, 08:24 PM
I agree with the school. The students have rights and at the beginning of the school yr parents are asked if its ok for the school to publish pics of the kids. How can they know which kids r ok and which aren't without prior notice?

Scott D
9/9/2011, 12:45 PM
I bet there are more UT grads suscribed to Al Jazeera than LHN.

that's not fair though, I mean I have a channel that plays Al Jazeera in my satellite package, but to be fair they follow it with some German show and it's in the middle of the block of religious based channels.

Sooner_Tuf
9/24/2011, 04:39 AM
For what? :tongue:

To get to the other side. Why else?

GottaHavePride
9/24/2011, 07:43 AM
They're still pissed that the Kasey Studdard fiasco exposed Al Jazeera's involvement with UT recruiting.

;)