PDA

View Full Version : Louie's Bar and Grill

SicEmBaylor
9/6/2011, 02:34 AM
I just tried this place out. FANASTIC. The roast beef sandwiches with a side of ajou sauce and a Blue Moon Beer was phenomenal. I ate at the one in Tulsa, but I understand there's one near campus in Norman?

Anyone eat there?

stonecoldsoonerfan
9/6/2011, 04:07 AM
the wiffy and i eat at the one by lake hefner almost every week. food is almost always good, especially for the price range. although the lake is low now, it's a good view of a sunset.

Hot Rod
9/6/2011, 06:31 AM
Love this place! Good prices...good food...and love the sports memorabilia there.

badger
9/6/2011, 08:54 AM
I think Stoops owns the one on campus corner :)

3rdgensooner
9/6/2011, 09:38 AM
The locations in Tulsa are not convenient to me so I don't go very often. But many a time I have hit the Campus Corner location after a game for spinach dip and pizza.

mgsooner
9/6/2011, 09:47 AM
The South Tulsa location leaves something to be desired. Oh and Blue Moon sucks.

TUSooner
9/6/2011, 10:16 AM
I like Louie's OK. My niece works at one. (I'm not saying where, she's too cute for you lot!) The food is decent and the price is very good. My only gripe - and it's a small one - is that it's just a typical Okie place: burgers and sandwiches in a sport-themed setting. These same-old same-old places (Chili's, Coach's etc.) are a dime a dozen in the OKC area, and are distinguishable only in the slightest details. They are about as imaginative as a fart after a bean supper. I guess you gotta give the people what they want and what is available, but I'm always struck by the lack of variety in OKC eateries. It seems like it's all sports-burgers or Mexican. Maybe I just need to look a little harder.
(That said, OKC has lots of great Mexican places, and I'd eat a burger from the Abner House at any time without complaint.)

DCSooner
9/6/2011, 10:38 AM
We frequent Louie's at Brookhaven. It is a good time and there is a nice cigar area. From what I understand, they are all owned by one guy (Hal Smith). Stoops has partnered with him on a couple in the area, and Gundy has partnered with him at one.

yermom
9/6/2011, 11:24 AM
it's a pretty solid meh in my book

and TU, you aren't looking hard enough ;)

dwarthog
9/6/2011, 11:30 AM
Good place with good food and reasonable prices.

Not much of a blue moon fan though. I prefer the Sam Adam's seasonal or just their boston lager if they don't have the seasonal.

SoonerStud615
9/6/2011, 11:51 AM
I love the locations in Oklahoma, but we have one out here in Fayetteville, AR, and it sucks. Never once been happy leaving that place.

Lott's Bandana
9/6/2011, 11:56 AM
I love the locations in Oklahoma, but we have one out here in Fayetteville, AR, and it sucks. Never once been happy leaving that place.

Haven't been to the new Grub's on Shiloh yet, but it is always busy. Been there? Might try it out this weekend.

SoonerStud615
9/6/2011, 11:58 AM
Yeah I have! I'm a fan of it, haven't gotten a proper meal there yet, just hung out at the bar. It's a lot nicer inside than the original. We would go there after work quite a bit this summer.

Lott's Bandana
9/6/2011, 12:05 PM
The SO lives just off of Joyce, so I'm thinking it would be a good location to watch some OU sports, away games. I love that the Target/WalMarts etc. sell OU garb in Fayetteville.

SoonerStud615
9/6/2011, 12:29 PM
Yeah, it may be Hogtown, but they definitely have a collection Sooner faithful.

saucysoonergal
9/6/2011, 12:55 PM
The shoestring fries are pretty tasty.

saucysoonergal
9/6/2011, 12:55 PM
They are springing up everywhere too!

sooner59
9/6/2011, 01:13 PM
I'm a fan of the Southwest Burger at Louie's.

Sooner Tri
9/6/2011, 02:26 PM
Had a Reuben sandwich at the Downtown OKC location for lunch last week. It was pretty tasty.

C&CDean
9/6/2011, 03:19 PM
I've eaten at the one on campus corner maybe 3 times. It's pretty meh. Also, anything food related with a Sicem endorsement is probably crap. Just sayin'.

saucysoonergal
9/6/2011, 03:20 PM
I've eaten at the one on campus corner maybe 3 times. It's pretty meh. Also, anything food related with a Sicem endorsement is probably crap. Just sayin'.

Come on Dean, everything is good with 12 Dr. Peppers!! ;)

C&CDean
9/6/2011, 03:27 PM
And a half-dozen Pepsi's to wash it all down with.

NormanPride
9/6/2011, 03:59 PM
The pizzas are okay, and the fried green beans are nice. Other than that who cares. Not that it's bad, but nothing to write home about.

stoopified
9/6/2011, 04:40 PM
I've eaten at the Campus Corner location,the Soth OKC location,and the Moore location and it has always been good.......for what it is.

GDC
9/6/2011, 08:29 PM
I have seen more OU coaches in and outside Louie's than just about anywhere, especially after a game.

Tin Cup
9/6/2011, 11:20 PM
The one in Edmond sucks, does not have a Louie's 2 (Cigar bar)...........that's all.

sooner59
9/6/2011, 11:31 PM
The one I always went to was the the Lakeside Louie's. Always good food and everything under $10. I like the fries and burgers mostly. Not a specialty restaurant but a nice little place with a little variety and decent price when you can't make your mind up on what kind of food to eat. My parents are very indecisive and we end up going to Louie's every once in a while when they visit.

DRLSooner
9/7/2011, 08:18 AM
Its a good place for a burger/sandwich and a beer. Everythings under 10 bucks so if you're expecting the gourmet fare to blow you away... well, you're a moron for going there in the first place.

Sooner24
9/7/2011, 08:32 AM
Come on Dean, everything is good with 12 Zima's!! ;)

fify