PDA

View Full Version : vBet on this Bye Week

badger
9/5/2011, 10:35 PM
Based on the fun we've all had this opening college football weekend, I present the following oddball possibilities for you to vBet on, since it's bye week and all:

- A Sooner (or OU itself) is prominently featured on Saturday's ESPN College Gameday.

- Lee Corso picks the Irish by donning a stupid green hat.

- A more extreme uniform than Maryland's flag unis debuts in week 2.

- A ranked team (Coaches Poll or AP Poll) falls to a not-ranked-in-either-poll unranked team (the odds will drop steeply if this happens in a Thursday/Friday game, but I'll pay the ones the original odds if you get your vBets in before then)

- The often talked about offseason rule involving taking points off the board for excessive celebration actually comes into play in week 2.

- The Big 12 remains undefeated (includes Thursday/Friday games. Odds will drop after OSU/Mizz games if those teams both win, so it will vPay to get bets in before those games)

- An FBS game is delayed/called due to lightning or severe weather (the odds will also severely drop on this one if a Thursday/Friday game has a severe weather delay, so vBet early to get the best payout)

Fraggle145
9/6/2011, 01:20 AM
So I still cant stake anything... Is it only possible to use this with a different browser or something? I use Safari for everything... There just arent any boxes for me to stake anything in...

badger
9/6/2011, 07:52 AM
I use firefox. Its free to download I think.

badger
9/6/2011, 12:57 PM
I will be using the week 2 polls to determine whether a ranked team (in either poll) loses to an unranked team (a team that is unranked in both polls):

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7966/unledery.jpg

SoonerofAlabama
9/6/2011, 05:07 PM
How do we know if the uniform is stupider than Maryland's, I know the Irish are debuting a new uniform this week.

badger
9/6/2011, 05:16 PM
If another uniform is deemed hideous by most of the football forum, you will know that you have won. I promise to not be vPicky. It just has to stand out like "OMG, I can't believe they're in public looking like that."

Previous examples that would qualify:

Virginia Tech's TRON uniforms that they lost to Boise in:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4083/4974180516_5fc7e94229_o.png

When Oregon debuted the bright neon uniforms:
http://cbskxntam.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/oregon385.jpg?w=385&h=250

Georgia for the helmet alone:
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/new-uga-nike-helmet.jpg

And lastly and leastly, if Iowa or any other school trots out uniform designs that were retired for a reason:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hAQgYQFfuqg/TOrYl50Bq8I/AAAAAAAAAEs/E8dCmTIOXpY/s1600/Iowa.jpg

Basically, anything that would make old grandpa alumnus roll in his grave, or would make people shield their eyes while their jaws drop to the floor. Shock and awe, for bad reason.

If it's just Notre Dame turning green, they've done that before, no big deal. If they suddenly have helmet decals, futuristic font numbers with shiny metalic green and gray (because everyone's team colors includes gray!) and an angry leprechaun on their arses, THEN there's a possibility of vPayout. A high, high possibility.

jumperstop
9/6/2011, 06:02 PM
What if we liked Maryland's uniforms? Then any uniform debuted will be worse....

badger
9/7/2011, 01:29 PM
OK, jumper, here goes: I am asking you to forecast a twitter storm. The Maryland unis launches a twitter storm. Will any uni that debuts this week result in another storm? Odds unlikely, because we've seen pretty much everything crazy that teams can do at this point... but you never know.

badger
9/7/2011, 01:41 PM
I have added another option in honor of one of my favorite ESPN.com college football features, The Bottom 10.

Link (http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/page/bottom10110907/looking-local-ymca-reinforcements-bottom-10)

badger
9/9/2011, 10:45 AM
Upon noticing some people's tendencies to vBet tiny, tiny amounts, I have added a safety option for the vWussies called the vBookie vBank. You bet on this option, your investment matures to the tune of 0.5 percent interest by Sunday. That way, eventually, you will hopefully be so encouraged to plunk down huge amounts in vBookie that it will become second nature after awhile.

badger
9/9/2011, 01:37 PM
I should also note: vBookie rounds down, so if the odds are like 1 to 10 and you bet 1 vCash, you would be better off not betting at all, because a vWin will result in you just getting your original amount back (while a vLoss will result in you losing your 1 vCash).

Thus, if you are going to use vBank at these current interest rates, you should invest at least 200, or you are just basically stuffing your vCash in your vMattress.

Boomer.....
9/9/2011, 02:48 PM
Yeah!

Penguin
9/9/2011, 06:52 PM
Aw, man! I just bet on the unranked team will beat a ranked opponent and I see Auburn is ranked in the USA Today poll. Oh, well. I'm sure BYU is a lock.

badger
9/9/2011, 10:53 PM
I think Mizzou is sucking enough that that one is settled, so I'm raising the line on that too much for anyone to care vBetting anymore.

badger
9/9/2011, 10:54 PM
In case you are wondering what I just did with the ranked/unranked one, if you already vBet, you got the original odds, but I'm deterring vFreeloaders from getting the same payout after the fact.

If Mizzou pulls this off and Az State doesn't beat them, I'll bring the odds back tomorrow morning. Otherwise... go ahead and get your 1 to 10,000 odds in :D

Penguin
9/10/2011, 10:46 AM
Thank you, Mizzou, for icing your own kicker! Lol! :D

NormanPride
9/10/2011, 03:06 PM
I just now realized that Az State actually was in a poll so I closed that one down needlessly. Ah well. Same rules apply. A team unranked in BOTH polls must beat a team ranked in either poll. BYU beating Texas would satisfy this :D

SoonerofAlabama
9/10/2011, 07:20 PM
So badger, what say you about the Michigan and Notre Dame uniforms? Pretty terrible, right?

CowboyMRW
9/10/2011, 07:52 PM
So badger, what say you about the Michigan and Notre Dame uniforms? Pretty terrible, right?

I love both teams uniforms haha

SoonerofAlabama
9/10/2011, 08:41 PM
But not only is it the players, the cheerleaders, the refs, and even the flag are all throwbacks.

badger
9/10/2011, 08:58 PM
I definitely WTF'd when I saw the golf caps on the refs... so I guess I'll give you that one. The stitching on the Michigan M's looked weird too.

I watched all of ESPN College Gameday and there was no Sooner feature. Not even sure we got mentioned :(

Corso picked Michigan, so no stupid green hat.

I have not heard of any excessive celebration penalties removing points, nor lightning/severe weather delays thus far.

For any Bottom 10 vBettors, New Mexico State was the team that sent the Minnesota coach into a seizure by winning. Not really, but thoughts and prayers with Coach Kill.

No BK blowout this week. He likely had tons of stern talking to's by alums and admins at ND, plus its not like they're losing to Meatchicken or anything.

So, that leaves a few things to be decided --- lightning/severe weather, ranked team falling to unranked, and the excessive celebration thing. We'll see. Stay tuned!

badger
9/10/2011, 10:46 PM
Holy sh!t it actually happened.

As Utah had its desperation to-tie-the-game field goal blocked in the final few seconds, the USC bench erupted onto the field as the USC guy returned the blocked kick for a touchdown. The points came off the board, but USC kept its 3-point lead to end and win the game.

All bets here settled.

hawaii 5-0
9/10/2011, 10:49 PM
What team had a TD called off due to celebration before the score?

5-0

SoonerofAlabama
9/10/2011, 10:52 PM
What team had a TD called off due to celebration before the score?

5-0

USC. "USC couldn't celebrate until Kalil swatted down Coleman Petersen's final kick after the Utes (1-1, 0-1) drove into field-goal range from their 33 in the final 1:01.

Torin Harris returned the kick into the Utah end zone, but the score apparently was waved off by an unsportsmanlike-conduct penalty when much of the USC bench ran onto the field to celebrate."

ouflak
9/11/2011, 11:38 AM
Odd... it appears that the unranked opponent bet didn't pay out!

Penguin
9/11/2011, 12:41 PM
Not to cause a controversy or anything, but the PAC-12, our future lords and masters, reversed the officials' decision well after the game and allowed the USC TD.

ESPN radio said this morning that there was chaos and a near riot at the MGM Sports Book in Vegas last night! USC was an 8.5 point favorite and the score went from 17-14 to 23-14 after people had already torn up their tickets! :D

Ooops. Just noticed this news was already posted on the football board.

badger
9/11/2011, 02:08 PM
You're not causing controversy, no worries. My line on the Utah/USC game was 10 points, so there's no controversy there.

As for this vBookie event, points were truly taken off the board, even if the Pac 12 reversed the decision later. The fact that it actually happened was all the vBet option was about, who cares if a conference that reportedly rejected us this week added 'em back in later?

I would have sympathy over the point spread, if not for the fact that mine was 10, and they only won by 9. I'm sure nobody that got vCash here is complaining that I've already awarded it. :)

badger
9/11/2011, 02:11 PM
Odd... it appears that the unranked opponent bet didn't pay out!

I went through every single team. By definition, which was reiterated several times, a "ranked" opponent is ranked in either/both the ap or the coaches, while an "unranked" must be unranked in both. Absolutely no games met that definition, not even Mizz/ASU, as I originally thought. We came oh-so-close many times over, from Toledo/Ohio State to BYU/Texas, but it just didn't happen. Believe me, I wish it did, because I sank about 1000 into that particular option.

The purpose of that was to call a major upset, not a so-so upset, a MAJOR one. Fresno State beating Nebraska, Toledo beating tOSU, West Virginia beat by Norfolk, the fightin' Chippewas of Central Michigan over whoever they almost beat. THOSE would have been worthy. Auburn was ranked in a poll, So was Arizona State. Therefore, they were ranked teams that beat other ranked teams.

hawaii 5-0
9/11/2011, 11:51 PM
You're not causing controversy, no worries. My line on the Utah/USC game was 10 points, so there's no controversy there.

As for this vBookie event, points were truly taken off the board, even if the Pac 12 reversed the decision later. The fact that it actually happened was all the vBet option was about, who cares if a conference that reportedly rejected us this week added 'em back in later?

I would have sympathy over the point spread, if not for the fact that mine was 10, and they only won by 9. I'm sure nobody that got vCash here is complaining that I've already awarded it. :)

Nope. No complaint here.
5-0