PDA

View Full Version : Polo Manukainiu commits to OU

Soonermagik
9/5/2011, 09:43 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/colleges/oklahoma/football/recruiting/story?id=6934552&_slug_=polo-manukainiu-commits-oklahoma&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fcol leges%2foklahoma%2ffootball%2frecruiting%2fstory%3 fid%3d6934552%26_slug_%3dpolo-manukainiu-commits-oklahoma

Defensive end Polo Manukainiu of Euless (Texas) Trinity has verbally committed to the University of Oklahoma -- for real this time.

A few weeks ago, rumors were Manukainiu had given his commit to the Sooners. He hadn't, but he had named OU and Baylor as his two final choices.

In the end, the Sooners won out for the 6-foot-6, 255-pound four-star prospect from Texas. Manukainiu announced his commitment on his Facebook page Monday night.

Soonermagik
9/5/2011, 09:44 PM
PS: I would have posted this in recruiting, but figured no one actually reads that section. ;)

LVSOONER15
9/5/2011, 09:46 PM
I never do. Thanks for the post.

BoomerJ
9/5/2011, 09:54 PM
I went to Recruiting section first to see if it had been posted and nothing. This is a great pick up. Isn't he a cousin of Nila's? The Polynesians are coming...the Polynesians are coming!

OUInformant
9/5/2011, 09:56 PM
He's being recruited by a lot of schools on the national level. Nice get.

hawaii 5-0
9/6/2011, 12:46 AM
OU should always have at least one Polynesian. Very tough. Instead of complaining of a broken arm they'll only bring it up when they can't complete with their peers. Instead of saying, "My arm feels broken and it's killing me", they'll say, "arm doesn't work".

I know it's a generalization.

I played golf with a couple of Polynesians once. We were hitting from the white tees. They always went past the blue tees, off the tee box, as far as you could hit from. They called it 'playing from the Samoan Tees'.

I saw a Samoan Rugby team play once. Many of them played barefoot.

Polynesian includes everyone from the Polynesian Triangle. Hawaii at the north, New Zealand at the south and Easter Island on the East. It includes all three islands as well as Fiji, Tahiti, Tonga, Samoa, and a few thousand smaller islands. Usually its the Samoans that play football, tho most know of the legendary All Blacks Rugby Team in New Zealand.

It'd be great for OU.

5-0

BoulderSooner79
9/6/2011, 12:51 AM
Livens up the pre-practice dance too.

SoonerDood
9/6/2011, 07:57 AM
you can never have too many Polynesians.

BoomerJ
9/7/2011, 12:04 AM
They seem to be humble, but fierce and a really great work work ethic.

LosAngelesSooner
9/7/2011, 12:11 AM
They seem to be humble, but fierce and a really great work work ethic.Just never...EVER refer to a Maori as a Samoan. Or a Polynesian. They are Maori. And they'll make sure you know it. :)

hawaii 5-0
9/7/2011, 12:18 AM
Manukainiu sounds and looks Hawaiian.

5-0

Seamus
9/7/2011, 01:06 AM
We need more Haka dance.

LASooner
9/7/2011, 01:11 AM
. Isn't he a cousin of Nila's?

If you've been to Hawaii, they'll tell you that any Polynesian is a cousin, I assume you meant there is a direct family line connection though.

Sooner_Tuf
9/7/2011, 03:12 AM
I've been to Hawaii, but I was drunk and all I asked for was another drink.

swardboy
9/7/2011, 05:54 AM
Mele Kalikimaka!!!

SoonerinSouthlake
9/7/2011, 07:11 AM
I went to Trinity in Euless
These guys had just started to come into the school and the area when I was there so there were only a handful. WE sincerely feared them.

As the story always goes..they turned out to be just like anyone else and had their share of nice dudes and mean ones...but all of them were big, and strong and you stayed on their good side.