PDA

View Full Version : It gets deeper.... Texas to the ACC

Soonermagik
9/5/2011, 08:04 PM
http://www2.kusports.com/weblogs/tale-tait/2011/sep/5/the-latest-at-least-for-a-few-minutes-re/

The latest (at least for a few minutes) regarding conference realignment
Before I get into the fancy writing and carefully crafted update about where we stand in the world of conference realignment, let’s look at the nuts and bolts right away...

No link here but there are reports that have surfaced that say ESPN Radio has sources saying Texas turned down an offer from the Pac-12 and is now involved in preliminary discussions with the ACC.

For Texas, this thing is all about what the best option for The Longhorn Network will be. Much like the pipe dream rumors about Notre Dame joining the Big 12 because it would be allowed to keep its TV deal with NBC, the conference that offers up the best situation for TLN — which could include help from the conference office or regional networks — will probably land the Longhorns.

One recent report said the Sooners and Cowboys are prepared to make the move to the Pac-12, with or without Texas.

If Texas is talking ACC, or even Big 12, and the Sooners and Cowboys agree to go Pac-12, the time could be right for KU and Mizzou to jump in as the third and fourth teams in the deal. There won’t be time to waste, though. If KU and/or Missouri so much as hesitates for a second if an offer is extended, the offer could be pulled off the table.

If you're Kansas, and all of this is true, this whole thing boils down to a couple of simple questions.

1.Do you jump at the chance at stability in the Pac-12, regardless of what that does to travel, recruiting, etc.?

2.Do you wait out Texas and hope the Longhorns can once again find a way to save the Big 12?

3.Do you shun the west coast and head to the Big East where a "western division" would make life easier in terms of travel and you would be able to remain with both of your biggest rivals in K-State and Missouri?

That's a lot to ponder. While you're thinking it over, here's a few links to check out.

National college analyst Greg Swaim writes that the Oklahoma and Oklahoma State could announce their intentions to leave the Big 12 as soon as Tuesday. He also says that KU and K-State have a standing offer to join the Big East should things crank into high gear.

Here’s that New York Post article that says KU, KSU and Mizzou could be Big East bound if the OU, OSU, UT and Texas Tech bolt for the Pac-12.

Here’s a take from Bleacher Report that says the Pac-12 would be wise to take Kansas instead of Texas Tech. Could it happen? You bet. Will it? Whole different question.

It’s Labor Day, and there’s no doubt that it’s been one of the most aptly named days in the eyes of the Big 12 Conference athletic directors and presidents.

Rather than firing up the grill and kicking back, phones have been ringing, call-waiting beeps blaring and text messages fired one afte the other, all in an effort to not only make sense of the conference realignment mess but also to make sure that the school they represent was in as good of shape as possible for when D-Day arrives.

It’s not here yet. But it’s nearing. Quickly. Texas A&M is supposed to officially be announced as the newest member of the SEC in the next couple of days. When that happens, all hell is going to break loose.

Although there’s been very little said about which school might be Lucky No. 14 for the SEC, you can bet Mike Slive and company know exactly who’s interested and you can be sure that he’s got his list — a very short one — with him at all times and the phones ready. When the call comes, you better be prepared to say yes or it’s on to the next one. There’s no time to waste. Especially now that it appears that that the Big Ten, Pac-12, Big East and even the ACC could all be making their play for new members any day now.

Some schools, such as Texas, will have multiple options. A source told me this morning that UT president Bill Powers and AD DeLoss Dodds had been in contact with at least three different conferences in the past three days. The goal for the Longhorns always has been to find a way to keep the Big 12 going strong. But in the event that Oklahoma and Oklahoma State hit the road for more stability, the Longhorns are ready to act. The biggest key for UT will be The Longhorn Network — shocker, isn’t it? Whichever conference offers Texas the best proposal with regard to the network will immediately have a leg up for Texas’ membership.

So what’s all this mean for Kansas? A lot, actually. The Jayhawks have no network, no football dominance, no first-class ticket to paradise here. But they do have options. What’s more, they have plenty of allies. Current and former conference brothers have a vested interest in where the Jayhawks end up. Some are more passionate about KU’s place in all of this than others, but everybody is at least in some way interested in what happens to the Jayhawks. Texas and Oklahoma have both been strong supporters of KU recently, if for no other reason than to keep their basketball programs associated with one of the nation’s elite hoops schools. Think about it. If UT goes to the Pac-12, Texas football remains as strong as ever but their basketball brotherhood weakens. UCLA may have great history but their recent performances and overall tradition pales in comparison to Kansas.

We could go on and on here about what role KU’s basketball program plays in all of this. We all know that football is the driving force behind the moves but it’s important to remember that elite basketball has a place at the table. It may not be next to the host or even down at that end. But it won’t be at the kids’ table either.

Stay tuned...

Soonermagik
9/5/2011, 08:09 PM
With so many scenarios, it's hard to say what's going to happen. It sounds as if Texas and OU are willing to part ways (conference wise) let's hope not on the field. I think the sticking point is the shorthorn network. The ACC may let the whorns run over them to get them in the conference. OU can keep Texas out of conference for the RRR and bolt to the PAC 14/16 or whatever it becomes.

I'm more interested in who would go with OU outside of OSU. Possibly grab Tech and Mizzou or Kansas? I think OU will want to bring a total of 3 other partners to keep some regional games. I think Mizzou and Tech would fit well, but we will see.

SoonerMom2
9/5/2011, 08:12 PM
Texas Tech airplane few to Horseshoe Bay Airport NE of Austin out of the fire area and then flew to OU's airport this afternoon where someone spent over three hours and then is in the air back to Lubbock as I type.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/5/2011, 08:12 PM
w......t........f.

Sooner Eclipse
9/5/2011, 08:19 PM
The ACC stuff is texas posturing. They want a "we are utereus" deal from scott and he's not budging at this point. Lets hope he doesn't. If Ut gets special dispensation in this league like they have the other 2 they will ultimately be responsible for killing 3 leagues.

soonerboomer93
9/5/2011, 08:19 PM
f....t.....w.......

badger
9/5/2011, 08:22 PM
ACC would be a poor decision by UT. No way they can strut their stuff there. Just get Pac'ing and be done with it. Or, hold the Big 12 together with your little brother A&M.

BudSooner
9/5/2011, 08:22 PM
I say **** Texas, let 'em go down to the ACC then eventually the SEC, then the Big10 because they will all grow weary of UT's bull**** THEN they can go independent.
Kansas and Missouri would be crazy not to go to the BigEast, man if you get that offer you better jump NOW!
But with that OU/OSU go to the Pac12, I can only guess if this happens is that they want two more so do they grab Tech? Then who? Boise?

Kstate you are just ****ed, enjoy life in the MAC along with ISU.

Baj, I think we all would agree that the BigXII is dead, no way of saving it with A&M leaving....put this dog down.

SoonerMom2
9/5/2011, 08:26 PM
A&M is gone this week -- they have had it with TX and the legislature doesn't meet until 2013 so all their posturing in TX means nothing.

tulsaoilerfan
9/5/2011, 08:28 PM
Only reason they would want to go to the ACC is because they think they might actually win a conference championship at some point

oumaddawg
9/5/2011, 08:30 PM
This gets more confusing everyday.

BudSooner
9/5/2011, 08:31 PM
Only reason they would want to go to the ACC is because they think they might actually win a conference championship at some pointNow that would be funny if FSU decides to stand pat in the ACC, they end up recruiting in Texas....heavily.

AND BEAT THAT ***! :D

soonervegas
9/5/2011, 08:34 PM
I don't know if the PAC 12 scenario is a great one for OU without multiple Texas schools. I think Texas is trying to reel OU and OSU back into servitude in the Big 12.

Soonermagik
9/5/2011, 08:39 PM
I don't know if the PAC 12 scenario is a great one for OU without multiple Texas schools. I think Texas is trying to reel OU and OSU back into servitude in the Big 12.

Maybe so, but I don't think it will work. Boren wouldn't have made those statements unless he was really serious about leaving. He's hurt the Big 12's reputation and stability with his comments about leaving. I would be shocked if OU stayed. Heck, maybe Boren is tired of trying to live under the cloud that is Texas.

The real truth is that the whorns don't want to give back that big network pay day and greed is running the show. If the PAC 12 refuses to allow them their network they may take their ball and play elsewhere. However, that doesn't mean OU is going to follow them. OU wants to get better academically, expand their brand and do what's best for OU. I just hope OU makes their decision quickly. If Texas comes then they come, if not, OU will be just fine.

the-rover
9/5/2011, 08:44 PM
Texas to the ACC? Fine by me, I doubt that happens, sounds more like posturing.

SicEmBaylor
9/5/2011, 08:45 PM
DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS FOOTBALL!
http://www.baylor.edu/nation/index.php?id=84714

soonerbub
9/5/2011, 08:45 PM
**** texass let em join SMU, Baylor, Tech, UTEP, UTSA, tx st, rice & uh

let's make like a baby & head out (west)

if they don't wanna play us anymore well **** that too...it's their loss

SicEmBaylor
9/5/2011, 08:47 PM
F'd. We are it.

SoonerMom2
9/5/2011, 08:49 PM
A&M is gone Tuesday or Wednesday from all accounts. You cannot keep a team in a conference who doesn't want to be there. Whoever was behind the LHN is the culprit and ESPN increased what they were paying TX after they thought we were going to PAC 10 so they didn't have to renegotiate a huge contract with the PAC 10.

soonerfromgeorgia
9/5/2011, 08:49 PM
for some reason I get the feeling OU goes no where without Texas, its like we need that security blanket or something.

SoonerMom2
9/5/2011, 08:51 PM
OU is going with or without TX -- that was made clear and we don't need Texas as we were not in the same conference for years and did just fine without the * whiners

bluedogok
9/5/2011, 08:53 PM
Texas is more than welcome to stay in the Big 12 and make it into the Southworst Conference v2.0. I still think A&M leaves and maybe even Tech if UT doesn't go. I doubt that the former Big 8 schools left would stay very long, the first chance they got they would be out the door.

I am pretty much to the point where I don't even care if the OU-Texas game continues.

Rogue
9/5/2011, 08:53 PM
I agree it's more ut posturing.
A conference 2 time zones away doesn't make much sense. Especially considering the $$ they've already cost us in bad officiating. F the PAC for real.

silverwheels
9/5/2011, 08:57 PM
Especially considering the $$ they've already cost us in bad officiating. F the PAC for real.

What?

3rdgensooner
9/5/2011, 08:58 PM
The dude cites Bleacher Report...

SoonerMarkVA
9/5/2011, 09:01 PM
I'll just say this. If we don't get ut to buy in on the Pac deal, we should drop Tech like a moldy tortilla. If we do manage to get OU, Pork St., KU, and MU, that's not a bad nucleus of the old Big 8 along with CU. I assume Tech is just the bone we throw to Texas for the sake of smoothing things over for ut.

By all means, ut, go for it and join the ACC. I doubt anyone left in the XII gives a rat's behind.

SoonerMom2
9/5/2011, 09:01 PM
ACC reporting they have had no contact on Twitter. PAC 12 has not offered anyone -- looks to be what happened with the SEC and A&M. You have to notify your conference first you are leaving and then you can talk. A&M is applying to the SEC tomorrow or Wednesday according to the reports out of College Station.

PAC 12 will not take Longhorn network and looks like B10 and SEC will not either. Some legislators want all the TX schools back together but A&M won't budge. They will do anything to get away from TX and not sure that Boren is not feeling the same way.

SoonerMom2
9/5/2011, 09:03 PM
Texas is more than welcome to stay in the Big 12 and make it into the Southworst Conference v2.0. I still think A&M leaves and maybe even Tech if UT doesn't go. I doubt that the former Big 8 schools left would stay very long, the first chance they got they would be out the door.

I am pretty much to the point where I don't even care if the OU-Texas game continues.

I am with you on the OU-Texas game -- Aggies don't want to play them anymore after they put the Longhorn Network first. Next thing you know UT would want the game on their network.

Someone from Lubbock spent three hours on the ground today in Norman is all I know.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/5/2011, 09:10 PM
I am with you on the OU-Texas game -- Aggies don't want to play them anymore after they put the Longhorn Network first. Next thing you know UT would want the game on their network.

Someone from Lubbock spent three hours on the ground today in Norman is all I know.

OU/TX will continue for the same reason whorn wants LHN
$$$$$

City of Dallas and both schools make big bucks from this game.

AlboSooner
9/5/2011, 09:11 PM
The dude cites Bleacher Report...

then we should all take it to the proverbial bank

delhalew
9/5/2011, 09:11 PM
Now I have heard it all.

the-rover
9/5/2011, 09:13 PM
I'll just say this. If we don't get ut to buy in on the Pac deal, we should drop Tech like a moldy tortilla. If we do manage to get OU, Pork St., KU, and MU, that's not a bad nucleus of the old Big 8 along with CU. I assume Tech is just the bone we throw to Texas for the sake of smoothing things over for ut.

By all means, ut, go for it and join the ACC. I doubt anyone left in the XII gives a rat's behind.

completely agree

bluedogok
$$$$$

I agree, all I am saying that if UT threatens to end the series like Dodds did last year with A&M stating that if A&M left the Big 12 for the SEC then there would never be another game between the two schools, then we need to call his bluff....and the Whorn fans are claiming A&M "got emotional" and that is why they are leaving are just clueless.

Soonermagik
ACC reporting they have had no contact on Twitter. PAC 12 has not offered anyone -- looks to be what happened with the SEC and A&M. You have to notify your conference first you are leaving and then you can talk. A&M is applying to the SEC tomorrow or Wednesday according to the reports out of College Station.

PAC 12 will not take Longhorn network and looks like B10 and SEC will not either. Some legislators want all the TX schools back together but A&M won't budge. They will do anything to get away from TX and not sure that Boren is not feeling the same way.

ACC is going to say that in fear of litigation. Texas is legally under a contract with the Big 12, so conferences are going to be careful what they say. It's still hard to wade through all the bs. I think A&M is done and so is OU and OSU. That leaves Tech, Kansas and Mizzou scrambling to find homes. I don't think any of the above want to stay with the whorns. If Texas wants to jump on this PAC train they better do it quickly or they will get left at the station. Once the PAC goes 16 there will be no 2nd chances for the burnt orange boys.

Soonermagik
9/5/2011, 09:16 PM
$$$$$

Probably true, but Texas needs OU more than OU needs Texas. Think about it, OU would have USC, Oregon and OSU to have a rivalry with. Sure, not as good as Texas, but things do change... see Nebraska.

Whereas, Texas would not have A&M or OU. Who would their rivalry be with Rice, SMU, Iowa State? You see, the whorns need OU and would be stupid not to jump on board with the PAC deal.

the-rover
9/5/2011, 09:18 PM
If Texas wants to jump on this PAC train they better do it quickly or they will get left at the station. Once the PAC goes 16 there will be no 2nd chances for the burnt orange boys.

And, I hope they miss it.

SoonerMom2
9/5/2011, 09:19 PM
If Texas wants to jump on this PAC train they better do it quickly or they will get left at the station. Once the PAC goes 16 there will be no 2nd chances for the burnt orange boys.

Think you are 100% correct. When you see Tech had someone on the ground here for three hours after flying into Horseshoe Bay NW of Austin and out of the smoke area of the fires but the plane went back to Lubbock not back to Horseshoe Bay made me wonder if UT gave the person from the Lubbock the news they were not going to the PAC 12?

SoonerinSouthlake
9/5/2011, 09:26 PM
You see, the whorns need OU and would be stupid not to jump on board with the PAC deal.

I think some of the leadership (not deloss and powers) believes they dont need anybody! And they are more attached to the 5MM per year they are getting from the LHN than anything.

I bet Deloss and Powers were with Boren on this and are getting pressure from the Whorn insiders to take this thing to the very limit to try an keep the LHN dream alive.

trey
9/5/2011, 09:41 PM
are we sure that the pac will take us without texas? that's what worries me.

OUNASH
9/5/2011, 09:44 PM
The greed that is Texas will leave them holding the money bag with no real conference to play in. Since we cant play Nebraska in Conference, does it matter that we play the greedy Bast**ds from Austin. I for one wish this whole thing would end and we could enjoy the football season without distractions. I hope Boren and Joe C. pull the trigger on this deal and get as far away fromTexas as possible.
Everyone can point fingers at A&M, but the true institution to blame is the Texas.

Soonermagik
9/5/2011, 09:45 PM

They took Colorado and Utah last year ... need I say more?

OUNASH
9/5/2011, 09:46 PM

If they will take Utah and Colorado, my answer would be YES

SoonerMom2
9/5/2011, 10:00 PM
This is a tweet from Dean Blevins three hours ago: A 2nd source confirms what we said last wk: The #1 issue n #OU, #OSU #UT & TT going2 #Pac12 is Longhorn Net."NO PROB.CONTRACT 2 B REWORKED"

I hate Twitter but have an account and so checked it out to see what was happening and found Blevins tweet which would have been AFTER the TT plane took off for Lubbock.

Soonermagik
9/5/2011, 10:03 PM
This is a tweet from Dean Blevins three hours ago: A 2nd source confirms what we said last wk: The #1 issue n #OU, #OSU #UT & TT going2 #Pac12 is Longhorn Net."NO PROB.CONTRACT 2 B REWORKED"

I hate Twitter but have an account and so checked it out to see what was happening and found Blevins tweet which would have been AFTER the TT plane took off for Lubbock.

Very interesting!! Thanks for posting that.

DRLSooner
9/5/2011, 10:08 PM
My prediction is that Longhorn arrogance once again comes into play and we end up in separate conferences. Oklahoma, O-State, KU, and Mizzou to the Pac 16.

Texas keeps their network and their conference along with Tech, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas State, TCU, Houston, SMU, Rice, UTEP, and a couple of others (New Mexico, UNT?) to form the "new Big 12".

Texas' arrogance goes beyond even themselves as its a statewide thing as well. IMO, they would love nothing more than to re-create the old SWC and keep the weaker members of the old Big XII (who would obviously owe them for saving their asses) and the old SWC members who would just be happy to be in a BCS conference again.

OU-Texas is still played every year in Dallas, nothing changes there. Neither school is going to give up the money, exposure, and recruiting advantages (mostly money) that come with that game. Most of the donors I know do so only to guarantee good Texas tickets and both schools know that.

I could be crazy, probably am, but I just feel like the most important things to Texas are their network and staying in the "Big XII". This scenario allows them to accomplish both of those along with staying in good rapport with Oklahoma, which no matter what anyone says is important to both schools.

They couldnt give a rats *** about aTm and this also allows them to "save" the conference and to experience the joy of watching the Aggies get their asses kicked on a weekly basis and never having to play those weird, cult-like mother****ers ever again.

SicEmBaylor
9/5/2011, 10:09 PM
Questions:

1. Why on Earth are you all so keen on joining the Pac-12? What's the appeal for you guys? Are you all that excited to start banking those frequent flyer miles to the west coast for games?

2. Why Tech? Christ, their overall athletic program is crappy as hell and even the football team isn't quite what it was with Leech. Their academics are ****. They're actually worse than ****. I have two friends who are professors there, and I'm pretty sure my middle school was more academically challenging than that place.

I'm not asking because I want us to take Tech's spot. Going out west is the absolute last thing I would want us to do. It would be a logistical nightmare.

Sooner Cal
9/5/2011, 10:12 PM
DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS FOOTBALL!
http://www.baylor.edu/nation/index.php?id=84714

I say take TT and Baylor with us to the PAC. We don't need UT. We'll be able to get the same recruits out of Texas that we always get.

Let KU go east, they can't play football. Let UT go to the ACC where they can be VA Tech's b*tch.

silverwheels
9/5/2011, 10:16 PM
Questions:

1. Why on Earth are you all so keen on joining the Pac-12? What's the appeal for you guys? Are you all that excited to start banking those frequent flyer miles to the west coast for games?

2. Why Tech? Christ, their overall athletic program is crappy as hell and even the football team isn't quite what it was with Leech. Their academics are ****. They're actually worse than ****. I have two friends who are professors there, and I'm pretty sure my middle school was more academically challenging than that place.

I'm not asking because I want us to take Tech's spot. Going out west is the absolute last thing I would want us to do. It would be a logistical nightmare.

I want the Big 12 to go back to the way it was, but that's not happening, and any potential replacement options who would say yes would only drag the conference down. Next best option is the Pac-12.

As far as Tech goes, I think it's more like "well, if we need a 4th after OU, OSU, and Texas, it might as well be Tech to have two teams in Texas." I'd be okay with OU, Texas, Kansas, and Missouri going to the Pac-12.

AlboSooner
9/5/2011, 10:23 PM
As it appears, JC and Boren have been proven right in their fight to keep the Big 12 together. I remember last year and this year many called for us to leave the B12 and wondered is JC knew what he was doing. As it turns out, he knew what he was doing.

Sooner Eclipse
9/5/2011, 10:30 PM
Questions:

1. Why on Earth are you all so keen on joining the Pac-12? What's the appeal for you guys?

Because the PAC 12 model offers us the most stability/money/academic advancement available. It is obvious that ut will keep teabagging conference members until someone gets tired of it. Seems like Boren is growing tired of ut's bull****. Remaining in a unstable conf might be OK for ut, but we don't have to put up with it. If this goes on year after year, it will affect recruiting.
Staying in this thing is like staying in a volatile marriage. It won't end well.

GottaHavePride
9/5/2011, 10:33 PM
SicEm, I don't go to away games anyway, I don't give two ****s if they're in Lubbock or LA. Hell, I'd be more inclined to go to LA than Lubbock by a longshot. My appeal is better academics and a bigger TV contract. (My first choice would be Big 10, but whatever.)

And I don't see why we'd take Tech either. If UT isn't going, screw Tech, let's take Mizzou and KU. KU would add a much-needed basketball school to a weak BBall conference, and between them and Mizzou you pretty much lock up the Kansas City tv market.

Sooner Eclipse
9/5/2011, 10:42 PM
SicEm, I don't go to away games anyway, I don't give two ****s if they're in Lubbock or LA. Hell, I'd be more inclined to go to LA than Lubbock by a longshot. My appeal is better academics and a bigger TV contract. (My first choice would be Big 10, but whatever.)

And I don't see why we'd take Tech either. If UT isn't going, screw Tech, let's take Mizzou and KU. KU would add a much-needed basketball school to a weak BBall conference, and between them and Mizzou you pretty much lock up the Kansas City tv market.

If you take Mizzou you get the STL market as well.

SoonerMom2
9/5/2011, 10:45 PM
Atlantic Coast Commissioner John Swofford shot down a report Monday night that his league was considering adding Texas, Syracuse, UConn and Rutgers.

“I need to read more to see what we’re doing,” Swofford said laughing. “That’s news to me.”

Orangebloods.com quoted a source Monday night that the ACC, trying to fend off a potential raid by the SEC – who might take Virginia Tech – would look to add Texas along with Syracuse, UConn and Rutgers for a 16-team league. Swofford spoke to reporters from CBSSports.com, SI.com and the New York Post at halftime of the Miami-Maryland game.

“I think we see a lot of things that are written, blogged and speculated about right now,” Swofford said. “We’re not a point at doing anything from a conference standpoint other than a lot of discussion, analysis and seeing what the landscape may hold moving forward. That’s way beyond any type of discussion we’ve had.”

http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/29532522/31764547

ouwasp
9/6/2011, 12:00 AM
It is embarassing to be in a conference that has been (is) in constant turmoil. Chaos should be reserved for the wanna-bes like C-USA or the WAC.

I wish that worthless Beebe had been more proactive in expansion last yr. He should be hanged in effigy at Owen Field!

EatLeadCommie
9/6/2011, 12:28 AM
LOL. Texas and UNC in the same conference. The p!ssing matches would be epic.

zandozan
9/6/2011, 12:54 AM
I absolutely hope we take members of the old Big 8 before the castaways from the SWC. I have never really liked the Big 12 and am happy as hell to see it die. I know in this age of football it would be impossible to rekindle the Big 8 so I say we do the next best thing and bring a bunch of them with us. Let Texas do whatever they're gonna do and we take OSU, KU and MU. We can easily keep the OU/Texas game, maintaining our recruiting in Texas without having to actually deal with the bastards.

Like many, if I had my pick of conferences I'd take the B1G, renewing our rivalry with Neb. Plus I like more smash mouth football. Wishes aside however, I realize the Pac will probably be our new home. This opens up some amazing opportunities for OU both in academics and in recruiting Cali. Whatever happens I cannot wait to kick this cancer riddled conference to the curb and go kick some new asses. Here comes OU football baby!

LosAngelesSooner
9/6/2011, 03:22 AM
If the Pac-12 commish had the juevos to tell Uterus to eff off when they started posturing and trying to big dick it, then that just makes me want OU in the Pac-12 that much more. I'm sick of Texass running around being dicks. They haven't won enough as a program to be as arrogant as they are. They're all hat and no cattle. Eff 'em. We're the premier program in all of college football, we were just fine in the Big 8 without Texas, let's go our own way.

Sooner_Tuf
9/6/2011, 04:43 AM
Texas isn't going to the ACC. Besides the ACC wouldn't take them. UT would go Indy or start an all Texas Conference.

UT, UTSA, UTEP, SMU, TCU, Baylor, UH, Tech, Texas State, Blinn, Southlake, Grand Prairie. They could hire RC Slocum to talk about how bad aTm wants in. Athletically it would be superior to the old SWC.

They could use the LHN as a platform to try to convince everyone that it was OU and Nebraska that broke up the Big XII. After all they only had one vote and don't even know who Dan Beebeeeeee is or why he lives in a house that is built from moving the alamo and the govenors mansion together.

Funny how all these years they claim they ran the Big XII and nobody did anything without approving it through UT. Now they deny they had anything to do with it. Even though schools are leaving the Big XII to get away from Texas UT says that isn't so they were leaving anyway.

It's amazing Texas would kill college football to keep the LHN that nobody has even seen outside of the offices of ESPN.

Sooner95
9/6/2011, 07:03 AM
I think when (not if) we go west and join the Pac-16 conf I'd rather take with us, OSU, KU and Mizzou.

OSU would keep that instate match-up together. KU/MU would provide the hoops side for the East Division.

And as far as texass, we could keep that matchup as a non-conf game. TT does nothing for me. There athletics and no better than baylor's..and academics..is probably worse.

the problem is trying to align 2 - 8 Team divisions in a Pac-16

Possible it would remain North/South. South including OU,OSU,AZ,AZST,CU,Utah,UCLA,USC

North would house WA,WAST,OR,ORST,Cal,Stanford,KU,MU

Although this might make the football balance tip towards the South Division more often..

anyways, just throwing ideas around. I just wish something would be announced so we can move forward.

delhalew
9/6/2011, 07:33 AM
I think when (not if) we go west and join the Pac-16 conf I'd rather take with us, OSU, KU and Mizzou.

OSU would keep that instate match-up together. KU/MU would provide the hoops side for the East Division.

And as far as texass, we could keep that matchup as a non-conf game. TT does nothing for me. There athletics and no better than baylor's..and academics..is probably worse.

the problem is trying to align 2 - 8 Team divisions in a Pac-16

Possible it would remain North/South. South including OU,OSU,AZ,AZST,CU,Utah,UCLA,USC

North would house WA,WAST,OR,ORST,Cal,Stanford,KU,MU

Although this might make the football balance tip towards the South Division more often..

anyways, just throwing ideas around. I just wish something would be announced so we can move forward.

They won't split up the original PAC. They have to go east/west.

MeMyself&Me
9/6/2011, 07:35 AM
They won't split up the original PAC. They have to go east/west.

While I agree that East/West makes the most sense, they have already divided up the original Pac.

delhalew
9/6/2011, 07:38 AM
While I agree that East/West makes the most sense, they have already divided up the original Pac.
It'll be different when it comes to seeing each other every 4 years.

GrapevineSooner
9/6/2011, 07:46 AM
t....f.....w......

Lawton4Life
9/6/2011, 08:34 AM
I wish people would stop quoting freaking Bleacher Report. Any jackhole with a comptuer can get something on that site.

Orangebloods shouldnt be allowed to be quoted by a reporter either..has Chip Brown gotten anything right on this conf stuff? Even going back to last year.

Jacie
9/6/2011, 09:58 AM
LOL. Texas and UNC in the same conference. The p!ssing matches would be epic.

If sa*et winds up in the ACC, you can forget all that retirement talk swirling about Mack Brown. Mack will want to coach for another 10 years playing against those teams. Heck, in that much time he'll probably win a conference championship. Oh wait, Miami and Florida State are in that conference . . .

MI Sooner
9/6/2011, 11:06 AM
The Big XII with 9 is a better conference than the Pac XX. I don't see why moving is necessary. Plus, it sounds like we have the potential to earn ~$5 million/year with our own network if we stay in the Big XII. While not TLN money, I assume we'd have the same problems Texas has keeping that deal should we move.

For everyone saying unequal revenue is what's killing the conference, I have a question. It's not the Iowa States and Kansas States leaving, it's the teams getting more than "their share" of the revenue. Would A&M and Nebraska be committed to the Big XII now if they had been getting LESS money?

Soonermagik
9/6/2011, 11:09 AM
The Big XII with 9 is a better conference than the Pac XX. I don't see why moving is necessary. Plus, it sounds like we have the potential to earn ~$5 million/year with our own network if we stay in the Big XII. While not TLN money, I assume we'd have the same problems Texas has keeping that deal should we move.

For everyone saying unequal revenue is what's killing the conference, I have a question. It's not the Iowa States and Kansas States leaving, it's the teams getting more than "their share" of the revenue. Would A&M and Nebraska be committed to the Big XII now if they had been getting LESS money?

The problem is revenue comes in so many forms... i.e. tv contracts, expanding OU's brand out west, getting connected with better academics etc.. Plus, OU can better themselves by playing USC & Oregon in prime time games vs playing Iowa State, Kansas State and so on. People are wanting to leave, because they see the potential to make money several different ways.

EatLeadCommie
9/6/2011, 11:12 AM
The Big XII with 9 is a better conference than the Pac XX.

No, it's not. Not even close. The conference sucks right now.

Lawton4Life
9/6/2011, 11:14 AM
Things that aren't happening? Texas to the ACC.

MI Sooner
9/6/2011, 11:26 AM
No, it's not. Not even close. The conference sucks right now.

4 or 5 of the 9 will be ranked, and the Pac 12 went 8-4 last weekend. The Big XII - 3 may suck, but the Pac 10 is like Dante's girlfriend in Clerks.

EatLeadCommie
9/6/2011, 11:40 AM
4 or 5 of the 9 will be ranked, and the Pac 12 went 8-4 last weekend. The Big XII - 3 may suck, but the Pac 10 is like Dante's girlfriend in Clerks.
If we wanna get snowballed, we stay in the BXII. aTm is gone, so I'm not even counting them as a ranked team. Mizzou looked like crap against a MAC team. Texas didn't look good either. You have OU and Okie State as the powers in the conference right now, and if we go, we make the Pac 12 better. If Texas joins us, the Pac 12 gets even better. If not, oh well. But right now, with 9 teams lined up for next year, the conference is going to be garbage because it lacks the numbers and has lost 2, and you can argue 3 though CU sucks now, of its best teams. It will be right on par with the ACC and Big East with the potential to fall below those if they ever find a resurgence.

We aren't playing in the days of 8-9 team conferences anymore. We need to stay big to stay relevant.

LosAngelesSooner
9/6/2011, 12:56 PM
There are SIGNIFICANTLY more fans of OU and Texas and even oSu and TT out west in Arizona, California and Nevada than there are ANYWHERE in the region containing the SEC.

The cities to the west are more interesting than most of the cities in the SEC where colleges are located. Same with many of the old Big 12 college towns.

The travel will be about the same if not cheaper since so many of the airport hubs are to the West. Many people could even fit in a stop over in Vegas. Yeah, you heard me, VEGAS. ;)

The new rivalries will be more interesting to watch and OU will bring a whole new concept of toughness and defense to the Pac 16.

The most interesting thought, to me, is how this will re-ignite Stoops' love of coaching and challenges. The new teams to play, scenarios, plus being OU's shepherd as we move into a whole new phase of our history will be enough to get another 10 years out of Coach Stoops. It will be more interesting than taking a stab at the NFL to him. And THAT, my friends, is worth the whole thing to me by itself.

And above all...does anyone on Earth REALLY want to play LSU every year and have to endure their rabid, drunken, inbred fans?

saucysoonergal
9/6/2011, 12:59 PM
Pac-16, Clap, clap, clap!!!

EatLeadCommie
9/6/2011, 01:00 PM
There are SIGNIFICANTLY more fans of OU and Texas and even oSu and TT out west in Arizona, California and Nevada than there are ANYWHERE in the region containing the SEC.

The cities to the west are more interesting than most of the cities in the SEC where colleges are located. Same with many of the old Big 12 college towns.

The travel will be about the same if not cheaper since so many of the airport hubs are to the West. Many people could even fit in a stop over in Vegas. Yeah, you heard me, VEGAS. ;)

The new rivalries will be more interesting to watch and OU will bring a whole new concept of toughness and defense to the Pac 16.

The most interesting thought, to me, is how this will re-ignite Stoops' love of coaching and challenges. The new teams to play, scenarios, plus being OU's shepherd as we move into a whole new phase of our history will be enough to get another 10 years out of Coach Stoops. It will be more interesting than taking a stab at the NFL to him. And THAT, my friends, is worth the whole thing to me by itself.

And above all...does anyone on Earth REALLY want to play LSU every year and have to endure their rabid, drunken, inbred fans?

Well said, sir.

I will say this, though. What if we were able to bring Boise and BYU and another team into the Big XII. Would it be worth staying in then?

Phil
9/6/2011, 01:00 PM
Many people could even fit in a stop over in Vegas. Yeah, you heard me, VEGAS. ;)

^^^^^^^^^^ This x 100.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This x eleventy-billion squared.

3rdgensooner
9/6/2011, 01:01 PM

And above all...does anyone on Earth REALLY want to play LSU every year and have to endure their rabid, drunken, inbred fans?Great points.

SoonerMom2
9/6/2011, 03:08 PM
This conference isn't big enough for OU and TX the way TX has been acting -- A&M finally had enough and from all accounts looks like the Sooners agree. Beebe wants to keep TX happy and could care less about the rest of us.

Let TX keep the Big 12 and add all the rest of the TX schools and see how many national championships they play for in that rinky dink league.

When Stoops fired his shots today, I think it was a warning to TX to get on board and go with us or we are gone anyway. Tech can stay with TX. As Stoops said we recruit mostly North Texas and that won't change. Stoops has a way with words and looked like he was enjoying himself.

Time for OU to do what is best for the whole university and IMHO that is to go west to PAC 12. Personally wouldn't mind MO and KS going with us instead of UT/TT. Some reports have UT trying to slow this down but the way Stoops and Boren have been acting this seems like a done deal!

SoonerMarkVA
9/6/2011, 03:15 PM
If the Pac-12 commish had the juevos to tell Uterus to eff off when they started posturing and trying to big dick it, then that just makes me want OU in the Pac-12 that much more. I'm sick of Texass running around being dicks. They haven't won enough as a program to be as arrogant as they are. They're all hat and no cattle. Eff 'em. We're the premier program in all of college football, we were just fine in the Big 8 without Texas, let's go our own way.

YES. Exactly right. I love that the strongest institutions of the Pac-12 can basically snicker at ut. It's literally no skin off their nose no matter what ut does. ut will never be able to walk on Stanford, Cal, UCLA, or USC. I would like ut to be part of the conference as a strong contributor, but not as a dictator. Two conferences have shriveled on the vine because of letting ut run things. Seeing the Pac-12 refuse to let such a thing happen makes me want to be part of it.

LosAngelesSooner
9/6/2011, 03:23 PM
Well said, sir.

I will say this, though. What if we were able to bring Boise and BYU and another team into the Big XII. Would it be worth staying in then?Nope.

Boise and BYU do NOT equal the losses of Nebraska and A&M. We'd become second tier. We'd be equated to the Big East at best and Conference USA and MAC teams at worst.

LASooner
9/6/2011, 03:27 PM
I eagerly await the death of the ACC at the hands of Texas.

The best part is that if they join the ACC and Miami gets a TV ban, Texas can show the UM/UT game on the Longhorn Network because nobody has it anyway.

3DSooner
9/6/2011, 06:54 PM
I eagerly await the death of the ACC at the hands of Texas.

The best part is that if they join the ACC and Miami gets a TV ban, Texas can show the UM/UT game on the Longhorn Network because nobody has it anyway.
EGGSACTLY!
I am totally tired of the arrogance of the Republic of texas!
They are so full of themselves that they actually think that any conference would welcome them with
hugs and kisses! They don't realize that their arrogance is well known nation wide, and, not everyone wants that
headache!

LASooner
9/6/2011, 07:10 PM
It's like inviting a vampire in your house

lexred
9/6/2011, 07:47 PM
It is just a damn shame that there cannot be a successful conference in the middle of the USA. OU to the PAC 12, that is "PACIFI and most of the schools are on the coast. The discussion about football tends to overlook the logistical nightmare created for the other sports. I can sure understand the frustration with Texas and I know that Boren and Joe C. will do what they think is best, but come on the Pacific...............

AlboSooner
9/6/2011, 08:07 PM
You have to have visionary leaders and members willing to compromise in order to survive such thing.
Both the SEC and Big 10 ultimately wanted to destroy/weaken an up and coming competitor, the B12.
The Big 10 was sliding into complete irrelevancy with no championship game and the B12 as the second best conference in America.

The PAC can't threaten the SEC and Big10, but the BIg12 could.

If I were Beebbe I would have begged on my knees for Nebraska not to leave, and went after BUY to replace Colorado, but he might have had his hands tied by the member schools.

So this is a big FAIL by all parties involved. The Big 10 destroyed you, took your wife and your car.

LosAngelesSooner
9/6/2011, 08:23 PM
You have to have visionary leaders and members willing to compromise in order to survive such thing.
Both the SEC and Big 10 ultimately wanted to destroy/weaken an up and coming competitor, the B12.
The Big 10 was sliding into complete irrelevancy with no championship game and the B12 as the second best conference in America.

The PAC can't threaten the SEC and Big10, but the BIg12 could.

If I were Beebbe I would have begged on my knees for Nebraska not to leave, and went after BUY to replace Colorado, but he might have had his hands tied by the member schools.

So this is a big FAIL by all parties involved. The Big 10 destroyed you, took your wife and your car.You're out of your mind if you think the PAC-16 won't compete or even outshine the Big 10...and easily rival the SEC.

65Mustang
9/6/2011, 08:28 PM
I say take TT and Baylor with us to the PAC. We don't need UT. We'll be able to get the same recruits out of Texas that we always get.

Let KU go east, they can't play football. Let UT go to the ACC where they can be VA Tech's b*tch.

It is probably all that we could expect that we can make OSU/OU a package deal. Don't think the PAC-12 would take too kindly to us trying to dictate a package deal of that magnitude...

AlboSooner
9/6/2011, 08:41 PM
You're out of your mind if you think the PAC-16 won't compete or even outshine the Big 10...and easily rival the SEC.

Strong condemnation for something not postulated. If the Pac 16 forms, then it would rival the SEC, but nobody east of Arizona cares much about the current Pac 12, especially with the flop of Oregon against LSU.

The US is east-coast centric. All the political power, media power, football power is mid-western to eastern based. The current formulation of the Pac is no threat to the Sec or Big10, add to that the apathetic and lethargic support for college football in the west coast.

Dan Bebbe was navie, maybe even dumb to say that the Big 10 commissioner was his friend and he would not go after the Big 12 without letting him know. The Big 10 commie destroyed and mopped the floor with Bebee.

Jdog
9/6/2011, 10:58 PM
LHN hasn't been that successful. only 2 cable companies have signed up. not what ESPN expected.

Jdog
9/6/2011, 11:02 PM
Its great to see that all 9 of the big 12 teams won their first games. That has to be a first for the big 12.

PS: Danny boy is clueless.

bluedogok
9/7/2011, 09:01 AM
LHN hasn't been that successful. only 2 cable companies have signed up. not what ESPN expected.
More than that...but not much. They have six small Texas town cable companies, Grande which is based in San Marcos and has the contract for the UT campus and about 18,000 homes near the UT campus and Verizon Fios, which in Texas only has the DFW area and a suburb or two around Austin. I do agree, ESPN wholly misjudged the appeal of the network for the price they want to charge cable companies for it.