PDA

View Full Version : Intro vids: Sooners vs. * vs. Pirates

A Sooner in Texas
9/5/2011, 06:27 PM
For those of you somehow underwhelmed by the Sooners' intro video Saturday (Really?????) here are two you can compare to - and laugh at:

First, the whorns. Gotta give 'em props for confronting the 5-7 record head-on, but this just seems like such a sad attempt at motivating the fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3JjJilYsfs

And now for the Red Raiders' video. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWV2vMXQJMA

And just because it really is outstanding, here's ours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxIvmNGIxTY

silverwheels
9/5/2011, 06:31 PM
I don't think that's UT's actual intro video. And Texas Tech's is so cheesy it toes the line of awesome.

A Sooner in Texas
9/5/2011, 06:37 PM
I don't think that's UT's actual intro video. And Texas Tech's is so cheesy it toes the line of awesome.

Yeah, I'm not sure about the * vid. Haven't been able to find any other candidates.

SoonerofAlabama
9/5/2011, 06:39 PM
I don't know about UT's but TT's is hilarious.

soonerboomer93
9/5/2011, 06:47 PM
:cough:Uploaded by HornsTD on May 19, 2011 :cough:

A Sooner in Texas
9/5/2011, 06:49 PM
:cough:Uploaded by HornsTD on May 19, 2011 :cough:

Maybe the real video is so godawful the whorns are ashamed to upload it anywhere? Cause I'm not finding it.

C&CDean
9/5/2011, 06:57 PM
That TT video is greatness. Sheer, pure greatness. Heh. "goons up." Heh.

soonerboomer93
9/5/2011, 07:10 PM
Maybe the real video is so godawful the whorns are ashamed to upload it anywhere? Cause I'm not finding it.

I don't know, it can't be too much worse then the one with the cows going into the stadium and then morphing into humans with longhorn heads

A Sooner in Texas
9/5/2011, 07:49 PM
I don't know, it can't be too much worse then the one with the cows going into the stadium and then morphing into humans with longhorn heads

The minotaurs? Classic cheese.

BoomerJ
9/5/2011, 10:42 PM
The Texas Tech vid has to be one of the worst things I have ever seen. I was embarrassed for them. However, it would be great to see Tuberville on the sidelines with that outfit on.

soonergirlNeugene
9/5/2011, 11:48 PM
Not my video, but I found where someone posted Wort leading the team onto the field Saturday. I have to admit I got kinda choked up.
Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWoSeUrcl2s)

XFollower
9/6/2011, 07:30 AM
I saw this at the game on Saturday, but dang, it gave me the same chills watching it again. Awesome

badger
9/6/2011, 08:14 AM
Here's A&M's from Sunday:
RWqI1LJ64Hg

badger
9/6/2011, 08:16 AM
Here's the only one I could find of UT's real intro. It still sucks, but not as bad as the other one.

qfe7NE55ccM

Lol at their fans saying OU sucks even though they don't play us for a month. Take that, anyone who complains about "horns down" weeks in advance at Owen Field.

C&CDean
9/6/2011, 08:19 AM
Underwhelming is a word that comes to mind.

Lawton4Life
9/6/2011, 08:24 AM
Our is so bad ***, I can't believe anyone wouldnt like it. Especially in the stand AND you could hear the words clearly for the first time since we got the new board!

OU Engineer
9/6/2011, 10:01 AM
I will give SoonerVision big props for consistently having an above average intro video.

However, I will say that as good as ours is so far this year, it isn't as good as previous years. That being said, I know it will get better as v.2 and v. 3 come out later this fall.

Sidenote: Does anyone know the song they play during the video/walk? Is it an actual song or just made for us? I want to hit the gym with that thing on repeat and get super yoked out.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/6/2011, 10:06 AM
I loved it. All of it was reference to Box. "I fight through the pain" "Even though I may bleed"

LVSOONER15
9/6/2011, 10:20 AM
Our video is awesome. I love the chant, " There's only one, OKLAHOMA". Lets get the fans to chant that for the games.

instigator
9/6/2011, 10:22 AM
I can't believe that a Tuberville got all dressed up for that video. Holy crap that thing was allsome! What a masterpiece.

Tear Down This Wall
9/6/2011, 11:27 AM
Here's the only one I could find of UT's real intro. It still sucks, but not as bad as the other one.

Lol at their fans saying OU sucks even though they don't play us for a month. Take that, anyone who complains about "horns down" weeks in advance at Owen Field.

Dude, Horns down all day, every day...especially if our AD and President have decided we have to be in whatever conference they are in. I'd happily never flash the Horns down again if we could get into the SEC without them.

Lott's Bandana
9/6/2011, 11:45 AM
What the hell is their creepy obsession with herding cows all over town?

cvsooner
9/6/2011, 12:29 PM
Sidenote: Does anyone know the song they play during the video/walk? Is it an actual song or just made for us? I want to hit the gym with that thing on repeat and get super yoked out.

It is the theme from "The Contender" written for the Sylvester Stallone-led 'reality series' by composer Hans Zimmer of 'Pirates of the Caribbean' and 'The Dark Knight' fame.

SoonerPride
9/6/2011, 12:51 PM
I still think the Moby "Body Rock intro was the best.

saucysoonergal
9/6/2011, 01:15 PM
Tortilla flingers are funny

EatLeadCommie
9/6/2011, 01:16 PM
Our video is awesome. I love the chant, " There's only one, OKLAHOMA". Lets get the fans to chant that for the games.
Yeah, I really like the way that was done this time too. Making that a chant at the game would fire me up more than Boomer on one side and Sooner on the other. We'll never get rid of the Boomer Sooner chant, nor should we, but adding There's only one/Oklahoma would be badass.

TheresOnlyOne
9/6/2011, 01:17 PM
Somebody at Sooner Vision needs to step it up. Ours was prolly the worst one that we've had. The stupid poem, no music,.......just weak....

Pigface1
9/6/2011, 01:34 PM
Relative to other vids around the country, ours is good. But, they're progressively become less and less Kick azz over the years.

oumartin
9/6/2011, 02:21 PM
I didn't really have a problem with ours but it definately was the weakest in awhile. I believe the purpose of those videos should be to work up the crowd into a four hour frenzy and that just didn't really give me that feelings.

cvsooner
9/6/2011, 02:40 PM
Man, you guys are some tough critics. I suppose the novelty of it has worn off, and you expect something more. Frankly, the newest one, imho, is outstanding, and puts most others (including some of the past couple of years) to shame.

swardboy
9/6/2011, 02:59 PM
Damn, there really is Only One Oklahoma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yukonsooner
9/6/2011, 03:14 PM
Is it Travis that is doing the narrative in the video?

jumperstop
9/6/2011, 03:16 PM
I agree, not near as good as some have been in the past. Still good, but "the home of the crimson and cream...." is just a little silly. And based strictly in how fired up it got me, I've seen a lot better amateur highlight videos.

silverwheels
9/6/2011, 03:20 PM
I didn't really have a problem with ours but it definately was the weakest in awhile. I believe the purpose of those videos should be to work up the crowd into a four hour frenzy and that just didn't really give me that feelings.

Crowd got into it at the game during the video.

C&CDean
9/6/2011, 03:29 PM
Crowd got into it at the game during the video.

marty wasn't there, he doesn't know.

cvsooner
9/6/2011, 03:34 PM
Is it Travis that is doing the narrative in the video?

Yep.

oumartin
9/6/2011, 03:34 PM
No I wasn't there. I have a family to support.

I attend games when I can. Saturday wasn't one of those games Deany.

ddub0224
9/6/2011, 05:06 PM
Speaking of "There is only one..." have you all seen this crap? One would think with your own network you could come up with your own material.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cc8ElBhLje4

soonerboomer93
9/6/2011, 08:15 PM
I'm pretty sure after listening a few times that they chant went "Only one/Oklahoma" honestly cutting off "There's" probably makes it a lot easier to chant.

soonerboomer93
9/7/2011, 12:18 PM
Here's the animation * use in their intro video btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWIZR865p7w