PDA

View Full Version : Should we expect to see the Diamond T formation at FSU?

Dan Thompson
9/5/2011, 05:38 PM
I would like to see this with Whaley & Finch as RBs and Broyles and Stills as WRs

En_Fuego
9/5/2011, 05:41 PM
I would like to see this with Whaley & Finch as RBs and Broyles and Stills as WRs

Yes sir

goingoneight
9/5/2011, 05:46 PM
If it worked last year with pretty much the same personnel, I wouldn't rule it out as a "secret" weapon on offense for FSU. I don't know why we hide so much offensively anyhow. It's not like people don't know by now what we do.

SoonerofAlabama
9/5/2011, 06:20 PM
It'd be nice.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/5/2011, 06:23 PM
Hope so...that formation is awesome!

oudavid1
9/5/2011, 06:38 PM

This

delhalew
9/5/2011, 06:56 PM
It seems that Finch has to work hard at practice to crawl out of the doghouse. Word is, he has been putting the ball on the carpet in practice, as well as his close call in mop up duty on Saturday.

hawaii 5-0
9/5/2011, 07:18 PM
As long as we don't have procedure penalties I'd like Josh to mix it up so much FSU hasn't a clue what's being thrown at them.

5-0

cccasooner2
9/5/2011, 07:41 PM
How about that formation on the Broyles TD, (a semi-Ninja?)? Broyles single wide left, group of 3 receivers Clay, Franks, Miller/TE Haywood? or Tackle Stephenson according to Tulsa Rewind wide right see 4:44 of HolaKyle highlight vid of the TU game.

Link to Tulsa rewind. http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2011/09/05/ou-review-tulsa-rewind-and-lee-roy-thought/

It was Stephenson, another angle in the vid showed it was 59 around 4:50-4:54.

OK2U
9/5/2011, 11:57 PM
^ Reincarnation of the Nija!
Donald Stephenson was super surprised and confused on Twitter that some fans knew the name of the formation.

rekamrettuB
9/6/2011, 09:00 AM
How about that formation on the Broyles TD, (a semi-Ninja?)? Broyles single wide left, group of 3 receivers Clay, Franks, Miller/TE Haywood? or Tackle Stephenson according to Tulsa Rewind wide right see 4:44 of HolaKyle highlight vid of the TU game.

Link to Tulsa rewind. http://blog.newsok.com/ou/2011/09/05/ou-review-tulsa-rewind-and-lee-roy-thought/

It's called the oopty-oop.

badger
9/6/2011, 09:04 AM
Bob knows his little brother. He's going to pop out some WTF formations that Mark's never seen before, turn up the tempo and have FSU's defense backpedaling while facing backward after awhile (go ahead and try to picture that for a sec... and, you're flat on your back just thinking about it).

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of teams are meerkatting now? I saw it a LOT this weekend, even in yesterday's Maryland game. All stealing Bob's secrets. We need to top the meerkat offense. What other odd wildlife can we impersonate after lining up?

OU Engineer
9/6/2011, 09:35 AM
what is this diamond T you speak of

surely you are talking about the formation known only as the SHOTBONE

CrimsonRez
9/6/2011, 01:26 PM
ya...Whaley,Finch,Millard, Landry in one backfield...thats lethal right there.

TheresOnlyOne
9/6/2011, 01:41 PM
I dont care what formation....but we gotta get the ball to Hanna more. He was a ghost, outside of that long reception the other night. Just scares me a little when Landry looks at Broyles the entire time from under center to throw.

kevpks
9/6/2011, 01:46 PM
I dont care what formation....but we gotta get the ball to Hanna more. He was a ghost, outside of that long reception the other night. Just scares me a little when Landry looks at Broyles the entire time from under center to throw.

Hanna is a beast. I love how he threw a defender off before getting tackled by the second guy on that long reception.

cccasooner2
9/7/2011, 10:34 PM
^ Reincarnation of the Nija!
Donald Stephenson was super surprised and confused on Twitter that some fans knew the name of the formation.

Found this screenshot via SoonerScoop.

http://www.adrian-peterson.com/wide.jpg

Fraggle145
9/7/2011, 10:42 PM
what is this diamond T you speak of

surely you are talking about the formation known only as the SHOTBONE

SHOTBONE!!!

AlbqSooner
9/8/2011, 07:31 AM

TV announcers said that formation, and minor variations on it, was designed for Jerry Rice. In order to keep teams from double and triple teaming him, they put him to the left of the picture and got him one on one with the defender. Rice one on one was very effective. If the defense decided to double Rice, it left one of the 4 open on the right.

I like it.

WE ARE dirtburglars
9/8/2011, 07:46 AM

This is brilliant play design!

cccasooner2
9/8/2011, 08:57 AM
TV announcers said that formation, and minor variations on it, was designed for Jerry Rice. In order to keep teams from double and triple teaming him, they put him to the left of the picture and got him one on one with the defender. Rice one on one was very effective. If the defense decided to double Rice, it left one of the 4 open on the right.

I like it.

I don't remember the Rice mention by the FX announcers, but by someone in attendance at the Tuesday Stoops press conference. Stoops said Spurrier probably stole it. :)

Breadburner
9/8/2011, 09:05 AM
I hope the D plays like they did in 2000......