PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me what a "Fastball Scheme" is regarding the running game?

adoniijahsooner
9/5/2011, 01:54 PM
Jay Norvell mentioned this and said they were put in place so the line could play more physical.

“We put some fastball schemes in so they can be physical,” said co-offensive coordinator Jay Norvell. “That's a big plus for us to get where we want to be. If we can rush the ball really consistently we'll be hard to beat because we feel we've got a great quarterback and good receivers.”

Read more: http://newsok.com/ou-insider-sooners-show-improved-running-attack/article/3601289#ixzz1X6cedU9g

SoonerInFortSmith
9/5/2011, 03:02 PM
I've never actually heard that term but my best guess would be that it just means run hard and straight ahead. As in the linemen just go get the guy lined up in front of them. Not alot of pulling and trapping or counter type action.

Lott's Bandana
9/5/2011, 03:13 PM
At "The U" they call it a Ponzi Scheme.

cleller
9/5/2011, 04:22 PM
After googling a little bit, it must be new Norvell lingo. All I could really find was this thread, and Norvell's quote. It sounds like something opponents should worry about though.

En_Fuego
9/5/2011, 04:27 PM
It's the new "Fastball Scheme" because Kevin Wilson couldn't throw the "Change-Up"......er :victorious:

BoulderSooner79
9/5/2011, 05:12 PM
We could tell you, but then we'd have to kill you.

VA Sooner
9/5/2011, 06:08 PM
I love it! Even if it doesn't mean anything... we're in a position to toss out terms to make everyone start running to the internet to look it up and try to scheme.

stoopified
9/6/2011, 03:58 AM
I love it! Even if it doesn't mean anything... we're in a position to toss out terms to make everyone start running to the internet to look it up and try to scheme. :D

Lawton4Life
9/6/2011, 09:34 AM
Maybe just more hat on a hat blocking vs zone blocking?

Breadburner
9/6/2011, 09:40 AM
I'm sure the Pokes invented it.....