PDA

View Full Version : LSU thinks they should be #1

Bccajun
9/5/2011, 10:49 AM
Go to vote
OU 40%
LSU 52%

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/834331-lsu-upends-oregon-but-does-that-mean-they-should-move-to-number-one

Like to us us in BCS game against them to shut them up for a year.

DenverSooner751
9/5/2011, 10:51 AM
They can have it for all i care.

It's week two and the poll means zip right now, would be okay by me to have the #1 target removed from us without losing a game.

bluedogok
9/5/2011, 10:54 AM
Bleacher Report = if it was print media it would be something to like a birdcage with. Anyone can write for Bleacher Report...anyone. That what makes it pretty much worthless.

Bccajun
9/5/2011, 10:56 AM

It's week two and the poll means zip right now, would be okay by me to have the #1 target removed from us without losing a game.

I agree, but this is a fan poll on their site. Just think it would be fun to see OU picked above them in their house.

LVSOONER15
9/5/2011, 10:56 AM
Let them have it for now, come late November and early December is when we should have that ranking

CatfishSooner
9/5/2011, 11:02 AM
SEC fans suck

SoonerofAlabama
9/5/2011, 11:03 AM
Or if you feel like voting somewhere that doesn't have LSU everywhere on it you can go here: http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/polls

DenverSooner751
9/5/2011, 11:07 AM

I agree, but this is a fan poll on their site. Just think it would be fun to see OU picked above them in their house.

Fair enough, votes forthcoming.

BoulderSooner79
9/5/2011, 11:07 AM
All those polls accomplish is to verify the census of the respective states.

Frozen Sooner
9/5/2011, 11:08 AM
I happen to agree with them.

fwsooner22
9/5/2011, 11:14 AM
They are probably right for now.....but it's meaningingless. Lets see two weeks from now.

CBUS_SOONER
9/5/2011, 11:14 AM
I happen to agree with them.

As do I. let them be.

hawaii 5-0
9/5/2011, 11:18 AM
Oregon tried hard to give the Tigahs that game. They'll lose a couple in Conference play.

5-0

101sooner
9/5/2011, 11:21 AM
SEC fans suck

yup

VA Sooner
9/5/2011, 01:22 PM
Let 'em have it. Makes our kid hungrier. Not that I think this team will start sitting back and expecting a BCS bowl game handed to them.

badger
9/5/2011, 01:23 PM
Caring about any rankings aside from the final one in the BCS poll is cute. Rank em zero.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/5/2011, 02:11 PM
maybe they are
then again they think vodka is mixed with baby formula for infants too

XingTheRubicon
9/5/2011, 02:11 PM
Maybe they should go a week without a felony arrest.

olevetonahill
9/5/2011, 02:20 PM
Screw em and "LeterRip "also

I want to see OU run the Table as #1

agoo758
9/5/2011, 02:28 PM
Meh. LSU beat a sloppy Oregon team. Long way to go.

Sabanball
9/5/2011, 02:58 PM
Based solely on everything that happened on saturday, I agree with them.

olevetonahill
9/5/2011, 03:31 PM
Based solely on everything that happened on saturday, I agree with them.

Just what happened Sat.? OU played a vanilla game against a good team and blew em out .
If after we play FSU and dont look impressive, i will tend to agree. Till then Ima stay a Homer

Soonermagik
9/5/2011, 03:46 PM
Way too early!! Oregon fumbled like 4 times, so I'm not impressed. LSU must run the gauntlet of the SEC and I think they lose 2 games. Plus, they played on really a home field in Dallas.

OU is playing on the road against a top 5 team. If OU wins they will easily retain the # 1 ranking.

olevetonahill
9/5/2011, 03:56 PM
Way too early!! Oregon fumbled like 4 times, so I'm not impressed. LSU must run the gauntlet of the SEC and I think they lose 2 games. Plus, they played on really a home field in Dallas.

OU is playing on the road against a top 5 team. If OU wins they will easily retain the # 1 ranking.

Yup even if it is a Hard won victory. If we lose then why would any one even think we still deserved to be #1 ?

OUInformant
9/5/2011, 04:25 PM

Absolutely. Let them take the week 1 title.

LSUdeek
9/6/2011, 11:50 AM
I'd rather not have #1 and leave it to you guys. IF it were up to me, I'd leave it at OU-1, LSU-2 throughout the season.

LSU *forced* these fumbles. Each of them were punched out by a LSU player. There were no lucky fumbled snaps or balls being dropped out there, unlike LSU's lone turnover.

badger
9/6/2011, 11:51 AM
Each of them were punched out by a LSU player.

I don't know about your SEC refs, but ours tend to flag 15 yards for punching ;)

LSUdeek
9/6/2011, 11:52 AM
I don't know about your SEC refs, but ours tend to flag 15 yards for punching ;)

That *WAS* a Big XII crew. :D

We are happy about that too, because SEC refs let the leg whips and the chop blocks go against LSU.

thecrimsoncrusader
9/6/2011, 12:05 PM
I only care enough to post the following:

Who cares what a 3rd tier website says about a 3rd tier college football program?

Sooner_Tuf
9/6/2011, 01:13 PM
LSU played the best game this weekend and looked a lot better than anyone expected. I'm not sure they deserve to be number 1 but there is certainly an argument for it. The fact the game wasn't played in the ghetto of North America makes it even more impressive.

You could say Oregon wasn't as good as advertised, there is a good argument for that point of view as well.

The one thing you can say for sure though is the LSU defense is for real.

BoulderSooner79
9/6/2011, 01:47 PM
The LSU defense looked good as expected. The offense struggled against a medicre UO defense. Of course, they didn't need to do much with UO giving them the ball in their own redzone, but the offense didn't look good in the 1st half when the game was close. Just a 1st game for all teams, so time will tell.

hawaii 5-0
9/6/2011, 01:52 PM
Both Oregon and LSU looked sloppy. Lots of teams woulda beat them last Sat.
Even Baylor
5-0

Sooner_Tuf
9/6/2011, 01:54 PM
Baylor would have beaten LSU last week? I disagree with that.

Okie35
9/6/2011, 03:14 PM
Give it to em.. Who cares right now? LSU will lose 1 or 2 games.

LSU played the best game this weekend and looked a lot better than anyone expected. I'm not sure they deserve to be number 1 but there is certainly an argument for it. The fact the game wasn't played in the ghetto of North America makes it even more impressive.

You could say Oregon wasn't as good as advertised, there is a good argument for that point of view as well.

The one thing you can say for sure though is the LSU defense is for real.

Until they play power team or one that doesn't zone block 70% of the time.

Sabanball
9/6/2011, 06:34 PM
As good as I think LSU is right now, I'm not sure they get out of the month of Sept undefeated. Their D is suffocating and lights out, but I could see them struggling on O once they start SEC play unless they can keep their running game going. The Duck's D-line was pathetic compared to what LSU has yet to face...

hawaii 5-0
9/6/2011, 08:35 PM
If LSU was turning over the ball (and they're sure capable) as much as Oregon was they could lose more than a couple.

5-0