PDA

View Full Version : OP's thread about Uniforms, Sweat

Lott's Bandana
9/5/2011, 09:56 AM
Those uni's immediately reminded me that I need to clean under my bed.

http://www.orangepower.com/threads/uniform-poll-white-gray-white-game-1-louisiana-poll.124590/

"I don't remember seeing the players sweat last year http://www.orangepower.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/001_smile.gif therefore ....dumb design."

"Just to clarify, the sweat causes the color differences."

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/245/60413louisiafayetteokla.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/153/60413louisiafayetteokla.jpg/)

budbarrybob
9/5/2011, 10:04 AM
Sorry, but there is NOTHING under my bed that compares to what looks like I flushed down after wiping.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/5/2011, 10:09 AM
HAHAHA. My brother in law (OSU Grad/superfan) was telling about how cool their "new gray uniforms" look. He gets out his iphone and shows me some pictures that he took. I told him they looked pretty cool but I didn't like the dark gray around the belly. Oops. FAIL.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/5/2011, 10:39 AM
we need a pole. Sweat, or just stupidity?

badger
9/5/2011, 10:43 AM
I think we can be assured they'll never use those ugly arse gray uniforms again.

But just in case, care to vWager?

Link (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?158480-9-8-Pokes-host-Mike-Stoops-Arizona-Cats&p=3333206#post3333206)

I highly suspect they will run out in all-black like they have for previous Thursday night showings (Colorado and Texas A&M), and they just got these stupid gray things outta the way for the first, hardly-televised game of the season.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/5/2011, 10:47 AM
hilarious

GRAY!!!!!
POWER!!!!!

DenverSooner751
9/5/2011, 10:49 AM
I can appreciate them trying new things out.....albiet, likely due to a contractual obligation.....but holy whiz, those things are epic fail.

soonerstan56
9/5/2011, 04:41 PM
Come on folks,they're starting a TRADITION !

Stan

badger
9/5/2011, 05:01 PM
Ewwww... I just had a disgusting thought on that front stain. They likely tuck their jerseys in, so that would cause the stain to spread upward... is it sweat, or is it something else.... :eek:

EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!

silverwheels
9/5/2011, 05:07 PM
Their new uniforms are actually not that bad (by their standards) except for the gray. It just doesn't work with the orange. At least they're not brown and yellow like the Wyoming Cowboys, though.

En_Fuego
9/5/2011, 05:44 PM
I kinda like their all black uni's. But thats about it.

GreenSooner
9/5/2011, 06:07 PM
Their new uniforms are actually not that bad (by their standards) except for the gray. It just doesn't work with the orange. At least they're not brown and yellow like the Wyoming Cowboys, though.

I don't mind the grey with the orange (any more than I mind the orange itself, that is). It's the gray and the white (especially the white helmets) that I think doesn't work. Wear a grey helmet with that uni and you've significantly improved it.

silverwheels
9/5/2011, 06:09 PM
Eh, the gray and orange don't contrast enough and there are reports that the numbers were hard to read from the stands.

DarrellZero
9/5/2011, 06:18 PM
Eh, the gray and orange don't contrast enough and there are reports that the numbers were hard to read from the stands.

I imagine the people in those stands have trouble reading in general.

silverwheels
9/5/2011, 06:19 PM
I imagine the people in those stands have trouble reading in general.

Zing! Haha, nice.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/5/2011, 06:26 PM
why do these jackwagons keep messing with their UNI's

are they trying to use Tboones $$ to be Oregon of the South? It certainly appears they are going with his 80 year old ideas

These look like practice uniforms

Judge Smails
9/5/2011, 06:27 PM
GRAY ON THE RISE!!

bluedogok
9/5/2011, 06:38 PM
Nike is at the root of all these bad uniform designs, the Georgia uniforms the other night were worse than the Boise uniforms. They looked like they would be bad XFL, WLAF or Arena league uniforms. Georgia has a classic uniform that doesn't need to be messed with but that even made Boise's standard uniform look almost classic.

SoonerDood
9/5/2011, 06:39 PM
Gray would be a nice touch if it was a school color. But it isn't.

SoonerofAlabama
9/5/2011, 06:40 PM
Pokes have 4 official school colors. Orange, Black, White, and Gray.

cleller
9/6/2011, 07:27 AM
What is the color of mediocrity?

picasso
9/6/2011, 07:46 AM
What is the color of mediocrity?
It usually involves a secondary or tertiary color, like orange.

SoonerNomad
9/6/2011, 01:15 PM
Nike is at the root of all these bad uniform designs, the Georgia uniforms the other night were worse than the Boise uniforms. They looked like they would be bad XFL, WLAF or Arena league uniforms. Georgia has a classic uniform that doesn't need to be messed with but that even made Boise's standard uniform look almost classic.

Under Armour was responsible for the Marlyand uniform atrocity last night. Apparently, UA's founder is a Terrapin alum. They were wearing different colors on each side. It was hell when the quarters changed trying to figure out who Miami was playing.

Did you ever think you would watch a football game where Miami's hideous colors looked tame and old fashioned? It happened last night.

CrimsonRez
9/6/2011, 01:37 PM
From CNN..... "We could go on forever. We could talk about the Oklahoma State uniforms that looked like correctional facility outfits, perhaps leftovers Burt Reynolds shared after filming "The Longest Yard."

Sooner Tri
9/6/2011, 01:43 PM
Should it really surprise anyone that know the Pokes? Despite a new Nike contract and what, 45-50 possible combinations, they came of the gate (literally) wearing something that hideous? Frankly, I would've been more shocked if they'd actually pulled out something cool!
Like hillbillies who just won the lottery, and can't spend it fast or obnoxiously enough! Reminds me of the tuxedos on Dumb & Dumber!

SoonerStud615
9/6/2011, 03:19 PM
There wasn't enough contrast between OSU & ULL's uniforms. I bet that's why Weeden threw three picks. :tongue: