PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice Notre Dame's playing field FAIL?

Lott's Bandana
9/5/2011, 09:46 AM
Looks like mid-October after every Chicago high school has played on it.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/21134540/vp/44388806#44388806

budbarrybob
9/5/2011, 10:00 AM
I was fixated on them getting their a$$ handed to them sorry :D

bluedogok
9/5/2011, 11:34 AM
A bunch of rain can cause that to happen on a natural grass field. It was why UT went to the fake stuff after the UT-A&M game a few years back which turned into a mud bog. Of course when they lowered the field at DKR they went the cheap route, they pulled out the previous Prescription Athletic Turf (like what is at Owen Field), lowered the floor and replaced it with a plain natural grass surface. If they would have replaced it with PAT again they would probably still have real grass.

The worse thing is that have that all over their baseball field, even the "dirt infield" is nothing more than dirt colored Field Turf.

Partial Qualifier
9/5/2011, 11:38 AM
A bunch of rain can cause that to happen on a natural grass field. It was why UT went to the fake stuff after the UT-A&M game a few years back which turned into a mud bog. Of course when they lowered the field at DKR they went the cheap route, they pulled out the previous Prescription Athletic Turf (like what is at Owen Field), lowered the floor and replaced it with a plain natural grass surface. If they would have replaced it with PAT again they would probably still have real grass.

The worse thing is that have that all over their baseball field, even the "dirt infield" is nothing more than dirt colored Field Turf.

That's mesed up. Are dirt-colored astroturf infields common in college stadiums?

Partial Qualifier
9/5/2011, 11:41 AM
holy ****: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lisas-lounge/3298272411/

the **** ?

bluedogok
9/5/2011, 12:14 PM
That's mesed up. Are dirt-colored astroturf infields common in college stadiums?
I don't know of another field that has one but I don't follow college baseball closely. I just get a lot of Texas baseball news during the season down here and remember the talk about it when they renovated Disch-Falk Field.