PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate Observations/Requests

C&CDean
9/5/2011, 08:55 AM
Well we have our first tailgate and game under our belts. We had a blast at the tailgate, and by the looks of it, so did about a hunnert or more others. Folks were helpful, generous in their purchasing of raffle tickets, and overall outstanding. We had a great set-up crew (as always, thanks Darrell, Angela, Emily, Dave, Doleo, and Jason). We had a bunch of folks help tear down and we very much appreciate the help with that as well.

We had a few people who took advantage of the beer situation by loading up on beers and then leaving without donating to the cause, but overall it was OK.

Now to the observations/requests:

Observations:

Smokers. People, c'mon. My brother and I picked up no less than 150 cigarette butts on Sunday morning from the parking lot. At least 3/4 of them were Marlboro Lights. We also picked up at least 5-10 cigar butts. WTF is up with that? In general, most of the smokers were courteous and thoughtful of others, but throwing your nasty butts all over the concrete is downright rude. Somebody has to pick them up.

Beer drinkers. People, c'mon. We picked up at least 50 Bitburger, Corona, Dos Equis, Modelo, Pacifico, etc. bottle caps from the parking lot on Sunday. We have trash bags on dang near every post. You're never more than 10 feet or so from a trash recepticle. Please start using them. If we have to continue cleaning up your trash it's gonna be nothing but Schlitz and Natty Lite in cans for the duration. Also, Saturday night I personally dumped out at least 15 half-drank beer bottles/cans and had to throw them out myself. Also, the porta-turlet urinals are not receptacles for your empty beer bottles. Why would you do that?

Underage beer drinkers. People, c'mon. If you ain't 21, please don't try and get into the beer. Also, don't get your skivvies all bunched up when I ask you to not drink at our tailgates if you're not of age or if I ask for your ID. If you're legal, but your girlfriend isn't, please don't send her over to the ice chests to grab handfuls of Dos Equis.

Requests:

Smokers. Starting at the next tailgate I am going to designate a smoking area. It will be determined by the wind direction that day. I will provide a butt can with water in it to put your butts into. Please help us out by respecting the rights of your fellow tailgaters who do not wish to breath your smoke or pick up your butts.

Beer drinkers. Starting at the next tailgate I am going to provide a trash bag directly under the bottle opener in the tree. Please use it.

I think that about covers it. See y'all in a couple weeks for Mizzou.

olevetonahill
9/5/2011, 12:19 PM
Hell after the Table was taken down, And Homey left Me and Carls son and his friend Picked up a bunch . Ive always Field stripped em and toss em in the trash.

If ya saw a Natty lite can anywhere it was cause someone else drank it.

Hell If a stove up old man who cant walk to the stadium with out having to take a brake can pick some trash up and or NOT cause a Mess. You youngsters who Can move well should be able to do the same .

Had a great time as usual Dean . Lisa is and always Will be the best .

C&CDean
9/5/2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks Howard. And no, nary a Natty Lite can to be found. I appreciate you and the boys policing up - but it's kinda hard to see all the crap in the dark. On Sunday morning the place was strewn with butts and other trash. It always seems this happens at the first tailgate every year. Folks seem to get a little durnker and less respectful than usual. I don't anticipate having to bitch about it again this year.

GottaHavePride
9/5/2011, 12:42 PM
'Cause Dean won't bother with bitching about it again. We'll just never find the bodies.

KABOOKIE
9/5/2011, 08:02 PM
What's a cigar butt?

C&CDean
9/5/2011, 08:10 PM
What's a cigar butt?

Looks like the dick you walk around with hanging outta your mouth. Black, fat, stinky, you know...