PDA

View Full Version : D**k Cheney is right about one thing...

SanJoaquinSooner
9/4/2011, 11:58 PM
Cheney says that if Hillary Clinton were in the White House rather than Barack Obama, then things might be different today in the country.

[Cheney said she is] "one of the more competent members" of the Obama administration and it would be "interesting to speculate" about how she would have performed as president.

http://news.yahoo.com/cheney-us-different-hillary-clinton-president-153817016.html

I've always contended that the fox and friends conservatives are as much to blame for Obama getting elected as anyone. They hammered Senator Clinton day after day after day and treated Obama with kid gloves. It's as if they were thinking "let's help the donks nominate the black dude."

And then bunches of cons treated McCain worse than they would an atheist gay draft dodger living in a French-Canadian commune.

Well, Obama gots two ways to go. He can either become a black dude Jimmy Carter, alienating both wings of his party and hoping that history says he served his country very well as an ex-President. Or he can embrace the DLC wing of the Democratic Party and govern more like Bill Clinton.

Caboose
9/5/2011, 08:30 AM
I've always contended that the fox and friends conservatives are as much to blame for Obama getting elected as anyone. They hammered Senator Clinton day after day after day and treated Obama with kid gloves. It's as if they were thinking "let's help the donks nominate the black dude."

And then bunches of cons treated McCain worse than they would an atheist gay draft dodger living in a French-Canadian commune.

Yeah, it was the conservatives that did that. Right.

Veritas
9/5/2011, 10:33 AM
Fox and Friends "conservatives" got Obama elected? Nah. Maybe they helped get him nominated, but not much. The lefties and Donks were in buttlove with Obama from day one, his speech at the DNC in '04.

Obama got elected because a ton of independents and Republicans found his teleprompter reading skills enchanting. Put up against the curmudgeonly McCain and the seemingly vacuous Palin he seemed smarter and more poised. Speechifying has as much to do with being President as it does racing cars but unfortunately that's how Presidential campaigns are decided in this era.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/5/2011, 11:18 AM
[Cheney said Hillry is] "one of the more competent members" of the Obama administration... http://news.yahoo.com/cheney-us-different-hillary-clinton-president-153817016.html

that doesn't speak well for Cheney's regard of the Obamanaughts, does it? haha

soonercruiser
9/5/2011, 01:14 PM
It oviously was a racist Democratic Convention!

JohnnyMack
9/6/2011, 09:55 AM
Fox and Friends "conservatives" got Obama elected? Nah. Maybe they helped get him nominated, but not much. The lefties and Donks were in buttlove with Obama from day one, his speech at the DNC in '04.

Obama got elected because a ton of independents and Republicans found his teleprompter reading skills enchanting. Put up against the curmudgeonly McCain and the seemingly vacuous Palin he seemed smarter and more poised. Speechifying has as much to do with being President as it does racing cars but unfortunately that's how Presidential campaigns are decided in this era.

Seemingly?

TUSooner
9/6/2011, 12:56 PM
Not so fast, my friend! That's not quite right. (And I don't like the implication that I am a sucker for a pretty face. If that were true, there are slick Ted Baxters on the GOP side, I would have voted for Palin just because she's well-shaped.)

Anyway....Obama got elected because he came across to independents and moderates as the cool and reasonable candidate with a forward-looking vision as compared to McCain, who - though exceedingly honorable - was not an economic conservative and offered little in the way of vision except to say, "I'm not Bush." Further, McCain scared away votes by naming Palin as his running mate in order to appease that wing of the GOP that tends to regard the concept of human intelligence as an atheistic, liberal plot. You forget that even The National Review and The Economist endorsed Obama because he seemed to have the cool hand and the presence of mind to handle a scary job. That Obama has disappointed since then does not change how people thought in November 08.

And it's not absurd to say that Fox and Friends helped Obama to some degree: They did it by touting and boosting the version of Republicanism that most people view as backward-thinking, intolerant, ignorant, and dangerous. And you know what? It'll happen again if the Foxians keep insisting that America wants a Bible-thumping, Tea-Partying, hawkish, anti-science, Rush-fearing, socially far-right ideologue for Prez. I think Ron Paul has a better chance of beating Obama than Perry or Bachman or that ilk do.

Veritas
9/6/2011, 01:30 PM
Seemingly?She's totally ****worthy so I'm going easy on her.

9/6/2011, 01:30 PM
....Obama got elected because he came across to independents and moderates as the cool and reasonable candidate with a forward-looking vision as compared to McCain, who - though exceedingly honorable - was not an economic conservative and offered little in the way of vision except to say, "I'm not Bush." Further, McCain scared away votes by naming Palin as his running mate in order to appease that wing of the GOP that tends to regard the concept of human intelligence as an atheistic, liberal plot. You forget that even The National Review and The Economist endorsed Obama because he seemed to have the cool hand and the presence of mind to handle a scary job. That Obama has disappointed since then does not change how people thought in November 08.

And it's not absurd to say that Fox and Friends helped Obama to some degree: They did it by touting and boosting the version of Republicanism that most people view as backward-thinking, intolerant, ignorant, and dangerous. And you know what? It'll happen again if the Foxians keep insisting that America wants a Bible-thumping, Tea-Partying, hawkish, anti-science, Rush-fearing, socially far-right ideologue for Prez. I think Ron Paul has a better chance of beating Obama than Perry or Bachman or that ilk do.A classic boiler-plate analysis from the Left. Conservatives always anxiously await the inevitable helpful advice from known Lefies on how we should run our campaign..and your votes in republican primaries, too. Transparent, and simply wrong, to the N'th degree, of course.

TUSooner
9/6/2011, 01:46 PM
A classic boiler-plate analysis from the Left. Conservatives always anxiously await the inevitable helpful advice from known Lefies on how we should run our campaign..and your votes in republican primaries, too. Transparent, and simply wrong, to the N'th degree, of course.

Translation: I can't give a coherent response to your post because I am incapable of understanding any views unless they agree completely with those I have received from Rush Almighty. Accordingly, here is something from my limited repertory of canned replies that may or may not have any relation to what you were to saying.

~~~~
And, oh yeah. I may be wrong, but at least I have devoted some thought to what I am saying. It's plausible, and it might even turn out to be true. But you simply reject the possiblity that any signifcant number of people don't agree with you and the tea-pots on every point.

JohnnyMack
9/6/2011, 02:04 PM
TU 1
Rushy 0

JohnnyMack
9/6/2011, 02:04 PM
She's totally ****worthy so I'm going easy on her.

Fair enough.

9/6/2011, 02:35 PM
Translation: I can't give a coherent response to your post because I am incapable of understanding any views unless they agree completely with those I have received from Rush Almighty. Accordingly, here is something from my limited repertory of canned replies that may or may not have any relation to what you were to saying.

~~~~
And, oh yeah. I may be wrong, but at least I have devoted some thought to what I am saying. It's plausible, and it might even turn out to be true. But you simply reject the possiblity that any signifcant number of people don't agree with you and the tea-pots on every point.Unfortunately, you've got high center, and the wheels are spinning. Prayers!

JohnnyMack
9/6/2011, 02:41 PM
TU vs. Rushy with TU taking on the role of Mike Tyson, Rushy plays the punching bag:

by17AKCcnjA

IGotNoTiming
9/8/2011, 11:12 PM
Listening to Dick Cheney is equivalent to listening to John Gotti....

He is a criminal that lied to the United States and got us into an illegal war where 4000+American soldiers have lost their lives and he should be swinging from the end of a rope.

Okay I'll stop drinking now...