PDA

View Full Version : Did I ever mention I hate THEo$U

CBUS_SOONER
9/4/2011, 09:12 PM
I think this is a lil too soon... Do u?

http://www.cleveland.com/buckeyeblog/index.ssf/2011/08/ohio_state_honors_jim_tressel.html

Wishboned
9/4/2011, 09:25 PM
It's fitting that it's in the Woody Hayes Athletic Center.

kevpks
9/4/2011, 10:22 PM
He beat Michigan a lot. That is all that matters to them.

agoo758
9/4/2011, 10:38 PM
He beat Michigan a lot. That is all that matters to them.

He was also a pretty damn good coach, in case you forget.

SoonerDood
9/4/2011, 10:43 PM
I have a horrible feeling they are going to get off scott-free.

kevpks
9/4/2011, 10:43 PM
He was also a pretty damn good coach, in case you forget.

Did I say he wasn't? John Cooper was a good coach too, but he didn't beat Michigan enough. Cooper was 111-43-4 with three Big 10 titles and a Rose and Sugar Bowl Win. He never won a national title but finished 2nd twice in the final coaches' poll. He didn't beat Michigan enough so they ran him off, hence my comment.

MyT Oklahoma
9/4/2011, 11:56 PM
Talk about a school with no shame.

CatfishSooner
9/5/2011, 12:10 AM
way too early to put that up...

Sooner_Tuf
9/5/2011, 02:32 AM
I felt sure they were gonna say they gave him a free tattoo and some weed.

Sooner_Tuf
9/5/2011, 02:33 AM
Did I say he wasn't? John Cooper was a good coach too, but he didn't beat Michigan enough. Cooper was 111-43-4 with three Big XII titles and a Rose and Sugar Bowl Win. He never won a national title but finished 2nd twice in the final coaches' poll. He didn't beat Michigan enough so they ran him off, hence my comment.

I never knew Cooper won any Big XII titles. Must have been during my brain tumor years.

Before you ask, yes you did say that.

CBUS_SOONER
9/5/2011, 07:07 AM
They are so arrogant. Kinda like the texazz of the north. BTW, Over the last month, I have heard people(at work) discussing the THEo$u job twice and who will be the next coach... Both times they talked about stoops being a candidate because he is allowed out of his contract only if it is fot THEo$u job. People up here are so fuking stupid

budbarrybob
9/5/2011, 07:22 AM
So what. It's their campus. Their ex-coach. I'm not going to sit here and pretend OU hasn't had any blemishes and pontificate from my computer pulpit about how righteous we are and sneer at all others. I think there is too much of that these days and even if it is distasteful or even ridiculous, it's not like I'm ever going to go there to pay homage to Tressel.

kevpks
9/5/2011, 08:26 AM
I never knew Cooper won any Big XII titles. Must have been during my brain tumor years.

Before you ask, yes you did say that.

Doh! Big 10 of course. In fairness, how many times have we all typed Big XII given all this conference realignment crap? Typos happen.

meoveryouxinfinity
9/5/2011, 09:17 AM
We still love The King.

Tress is a great guy and is actually really good friends with Stoops. I know this because of the media as well as having a good friend who has worked in both programs (Ohio State and OU). Tress made one big (ok, HUGE) mistake: not letting the student athletes take punishment for their actions. Bob has shown no mercy for players who break his rules or NCAA rules.

CBUS_SOONER
9/5/2011, 11:20 AM
We still love The King.

Tress is a great guy and is actually really good friends with Stoops. I know this because of the media as well as having a good friend who has worked in both programs (Ohio State and OU). Tress made one big (ok, HUGE) mistake: not letting the student athletes take punishment for their actions. Bob has shown no mercy for players who break his rules or NCAA rules.

ONE big mistake???? What about when he was at youngstown, and a g.a. at THE. How about when he ripped of kids during fball camp. I also know two people that worked with him and they said he is a fraud

Jacie
9/5/2011, 01:06 PM
Please don't compare what sweater vest boy did to the actions of Barry Switzer. If any coach ever had his players welfare first and foremost in his heart, it was The King.

VA Sooner
9/5/2011, 01:09 PM
Turning into a haven for misfits... get in trouble in college, duck and run for the NFL. Right Pete Carroll?

meoveryouxinfinity
9/5/2011, 01:11 PM
I mean the big mistake that he made with this whole situation at Ohio State. He has definitely had some shady dealings in the past.