PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame = The Elephant Graveyard

Jacie
9/4/2011, 07:18 PM
Bob Davie

Tyrone Willingham

Charlie Weiss

It is only one game but it looks like Brian Kelly will be the next coach to walk to that place of legend, where it is said the elephant goes to die.

Related topic, BYU thinks it can be the next Notre Dame. What they fail to realize, Boise State has already taken that position.

Flagstaffsooner
9/4/2011, 07:22 PM
Ya forgot Gerry Faust.

fadada1
9/4/2011, 07:26 PM
They should've never fired Tyrone W., in my opinion.

Typical mindset of the domers - we should win RIGHT NOW. Forget about trying to build a program. As far as I'm concerned, let them continue to fire coaches - it will keep them irrelevant forever, and there's no problem with that.

Sooner_Tuf
9/4/2011, 07:40 PM
They should've never fired Tyrone W., in my opinion.

Well yeah you know why they even hired him don't you? Which wasn't fair since you knew they would let him go down the road because he wasn't mexican ;)

EatLeadCommie
9/4/2011, 07:46 PM
Willingham was a crap coach and a bad hire. Kelly was a great hire, but it may just be that folks can't win consistently at ND these days. Maybe they'll hire Skip Holtz down the road.

cleller
9/4/2011, 10:15 PM
Willingham was a crap coach and a bad hire. Kelly was a great hire, but it may just be that folks can't win consistently at ND these days. Maybe they'll hire Skip Holtz down the road.

Why had this not yet occurred to me?

Still, "How'd you like to come and play at Notre Dame?" probably doesn't stir much emotion to the Cam Newton generation.

agoo758
9/4/2011, 10:48 PM
I remember hearing Kirk Herbstreit saying that an 8-4 season would be a good record for the Irish considering their schedule and where they were as a team, he then said that ND fans would start "bubbling the tar". Sad thing is, he is probably right. It's not even impatience, it's stupidity.

stoopified
9/5/2011, 08:12 AM
Way to go Crying Irish.Somebody get Regis some smelling salts.....and have the cardiac team on standby,it could be another tough year.